• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team of Favorites.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I've decided I want to make a team consisting of pokemon I like that are at least somewhat viable so here it is.

The pokemon themselves are not going to be changed but move sets and so forth are things I would appreciate advice and commentary on.

Luxray (m), Choice Band
Jolly ,Rivalry
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
-Wild Charge
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Volt Switch

Wild...Wild...Wild Charge HOOOO!!!!! but really I just thought this would be a fun gimp talonflame for one of my favorites

Scizor, Scizorite
Adamant, Technician
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defense
-Bulle Punch
-Roost
-Sword Dance
-Super Power.

I've always liked Scizor (he's list as my favorite pokemon) and I have one transferred from B/W so I figure I'll use him

Conkeldurr, Flame Orb
Adamant, Guts
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Health, 4 Defense
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Earthquake
-???

I have one breed already for another team..not sure what to put as his last move but it can't be transfer only.

Togekiss, Leftovers
Modest, Sirene Grace
EVs: 252 SPA, 100 Health, 156 Speed.
-Thunder Wave
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Shadow Ball

Parahax tho...

Gallade, Life Orb
Jolly, Steadfast
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Defense

-Sword Dance
-Close Combat
-Shadow Sneak
-Destiny Bond

I think I build this one pretty bad but the Idea is to make this guy trade for 2 pokemon by suicide Sword/Combating and using Destiny Bond to take out what ever thinks it's getting an easy revenge kill.

Shadow Sneak is there to revenge kill if needed.

Porygon2, Eviolite
Calm, Download
EVs: 252 HP, 252 S.Defense , 4 Sp. Attack
-Tri Attack
-Recover
-Thunder Bolt
-Toxic

Porygon2 has been a favorite of mine ever since I saw a cardboard cut out of it in a movie store...and it's pretty dang viable with eviolite.

Let me know your thoughts and please help me make my dream team good :)

Note: This team is going to be used for in-game singles which has a format of 3v3.

Last edited:

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
1. I think your Conkeldurr could use a rock move to cover its flying weakness, Payback since it's really slow, or Detect to let Flame Orb kick in.
2. Scizor could use more moves that get a bonus from Technician like Pursuit or Aerial Ace and maybe give it a stab Bug move

I think everything else looks solid though. Nice work

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
use an Ability Capsule on your Luxray, as Intimidate is better than Rivalry. Rivalry actually reduce Attack if opponent has a different gender.

Superpower on Scizor kinda defeats the point of Swords Dance and the high Defense Scizor has......

Murder Doll

Button Presser
use an Ability Capsule on your Luxray, as Intimidate is better than Rivalry. Rivalry actually reduce Attack if opponent has a different gender.

Superpower on Scizor kinda defeats the point of Swords Dance and the high Defense Scizor has......

I'll try out the Intimidate Luxray however I am on the fence about Superpower as it has helped me get KOs on ferrothorn

Edit: also thank you for the feedback.

KillerDraco

Superpower is selectively good on Scizor. For Choice Band sets, which favor hit-and-run strategies, obviously the immediate power of Superpower is preferable since you'll usually be switching out immediately afterwards, offsetting the stat decreases. However, for boosting Scizor, and bulky Scizor, Superpower's stat drops sort of compromise both of these sets by virtue of the stat drops; SD Scizor doesn't want to lower its attack, and Bulky Scizor hates compromising its bulk. Hence, Superpower isn't really as good on Mega Scizor as it is on CB Scizor.

Bulky SD Scizor is more commonly something along the lines of...

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpDef
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite/X-Scissor
-Roost
-Swords Dance

The coverage is shallow but its got the bulk necessary to boost and sustain itself. It's best saved for late-game when the fire types are gone and the things that resist its STABs are sufficiently weakened.

Destiny Bond isn't a great option for Gallade due to its average at best speed and low physical bulk. This is especially true for a Swords Dance set; it would prefer Psycho Cut for the extra coverage and additional STAB instead, since its already got SD boosts to its attack.

dragonmlr

Ultamate Magnemite
Your team looks great you could boost it by evolving your porygon 2 into porygon z but since porygon 2 is your favorite so it works

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Superpower is selectively good on Scizor. For Choice Band sets, which favor hit-and-run strategies, obviously the immediate power of Superpower is preferable since you'll usually be switching out immediately afterwards, offsetting the stat decreases. However, for boosting Scizor, and bulky Scizor, Superpower's stat drops sort of compromise both of these sets by virtue of the stat drops; SD Scizor doesn't want to lower its attack, and Bulky Scizor hates compromising its bulk. Hence, Superpower isn't really as good on Mega Scizor as it is on CB Scizor.

Bulky SD Scizor is more commonly something along the lines of...

Well I really want to keep Superpower on there because it really has just been that useful and I already have Choice Band on Luxray, what kind of a set would you recommend for scizor with that in mind?

I'll try out Psycho Cut > Destiny Bond as I have noticed it being rather hard to find use for Destiny Bond

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpDef
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite/X-Scissor
-Roost
-Swords Dance

The coverage is shallow but its got the bulk necessary to boost and sustain itself. It's best saved for late-game when the fire types are gone and the things that resist its STABs are sufficiently weakened.

Destiny Bond isn't a great option for Gallade due to its average at best speed and low physical bulk. This is especially true for a Swords Dance set; it would prefer Psycho Cut for the extra coverage and additional STAB instead, since its already got SD boosts to its attack.

I'm pretty adamant about keeping Superpower on Scizor as it really has been useful & I already have Choice Band on Luxray, with that in mind what kind of set would you recommend for Scizor?

As for Gallade I'll try out having Psycho Cut instead of Destiny Bond as I have noticed it being rather hard to set up Destiny Bond.

Last edited: