• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team of sin237;

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Should have said team of win. XD
EDIT: Dam! There was a REAL typo in the title. OMG lol ><

;398;Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 hp
-U-turn
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
-Double edge

Nice scouting lead. Knowlegde is power. This is basically a U-turn-no-matter-what pokemon. If I can KO the opponent with Staraptor then they're most likely going to save their but by switching, so I get a safe switch into a counter. If they can 1hko but I can't then getting the hell out of there seems like a perfectly safe option to me. I also use it for picking off weakened opponents and such likes late game.

If you have a good IV'd one of these please PM me / CMT :)

;149;Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP / 78 ATK / 180 SPD
-Heal Bell
-Dragon claw
-Roost
-T-wave / light screen? / Flamethrower? / Roar (lacking phazer...)

You see, I picked up this wicked heal-bell knight from some guy on Smogon and thought it should see some usage. With some nice resistances and general bulk, aswell as ability to remove some weaks with Roost mean Dragonite fills a vital support role. The last move is up in the air but will most likely be filled with Twave, unless I find that Forry gives me too much trouble. Which it won't, Thanks too...

;462;Magnezone @ Leftovers
Rash
248 Sp. Attack, 192 Speed, 70 Attack
-Thunderbolt
-HP [snow]
-Explosion!!!
-Magnet rise

Yeah, I borowed it from Smogon's Anti. Heres how it works. The EV's let you outspeed Metagross (I have 204 speed, beats Meta attempting to outspeed CS Heracross), so switching into anything bar EQ allows me to rise faster than it can quake and then 2hko it with a thunderbolt. The Nature allows me to explode properly (Bye, Bye Blissey!), while still being able to switch into outragers and finish them off with HP [ice].

;065;Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Timid
252 Satk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-Trick
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

Standard Trick Zam. Once Killed some steels I'm free to 'Sploded my Mag onto Blissey and Sweep with this Demon baby. Concidering swapping to a clam mind varient, as for some reason I seem to disregard Stat-uppers in my teams :S

;237;Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Impish
Intimidate
252HP / 74DEF / 184SPD
-Rapid Spin
-Close Combat
-Stone edge
-Toxic

Mandatory Spinner, expecially with two SR weaks. Also It's nice to get some of the less-used pokes into my teams. Expect to see a lot more Hitmons in my teams as I've spent the last month breeding them for the SBP and I seems to have almost one of every kind...

;242;Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
148hp/252def/4spd/104spatk
-Protect
-Wish
-Seismic toss
-Ice Beam

Yeah, whatever. It's a Blissey. Using a Hitmon lets me use her concience free.
EDIT: now its a WishBliss!

I have absolutly no doubt I've missed some form of massive, gaping hole in this team, so feel free to point it out to me. And as always thanks for rating, I try my best to make these as entertaining as possible.

Last edited:

chaosmage22

Vicarious
Weavile and Mixape say hi.

Staraptor:K.

Dragonite:Using him as a wall/supporter seems really gimmicky to me, but if can get it to work then more power to you. T-wave can help stop weavile so I'd go with that.

Magnezone:I still don't like Magnet Rise, but ok.

Alakazam:K.

Hitmontop:K.

BLissey:Consider wish so you can balance out the damage Staraptor will do to itself with BB and Double Edge. Ice Beam is also an option over Tbolt so Dugtrio doesn't destroy it.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
WishBliss seems to be a recuring sugestion on all the forums this is posted on, so its going in for certain. I've gone with roar on D'nite, and it's proven to be the right choice in many a battle.

On the topic of support Dragonite, it works quite well due to Knights huge resistances and only two weaks. Only two 2x when I roost, which allows me to outstall a few of the non-STAB'd ice beamers and ice sharders. His support mvoepool is also quite large. Chonmp and Salamence have offence covered nicely enough anyway. Dragonite needs more usage :)

Last edited:

Rudol Ichiga

The chosen one
Aerial Ace Weavile destroys this team..
So switch Top for Weezing.. So you can counter Weavile with Fblast..

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
The obvious problem with that is it leavs me without spin support. Perhaps MachPunch on Top is an option to help counter weavile?

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
if you switch out top for a weezing you'll lack a spinner so try a fortrest as he spins and has a nasty gyro ball to decimate weavile with.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Close Combat on Staraptor decimates Weavile, as does Mach punch on Top. Bye bye Close Combat or Stone edge, but which?

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Well then we don't seem to have a problem. I was stuck in the mindset of a Weavile starter then, not that it's still relevant...

Keaton

Custom User Title
Raptor can't switch into CB Ice Punch though.
Top counters Weavile just fine with Close Combat.
Nobody runs Aerial Ace on Weaviles anymore.

But on the off chance you lose one of your pokes.
Its true, AA on Weavile is rare however I have used one to lead, he has a moveset that can hit many many leads hard. I prefer Mach Punch purely for the priority and the garenteed OHKO on Weavile. Its boosted by Technician also so it is potent enough (technician gives it a double STAB for christs sake) Close combat on Weavile is overkill, and since he can likly outspeed you it means you could risk Tops game life overall...

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Technician makes me MORE vunerable to weavile, as the intimidate is the only thing stopping it doing quite reasonable damage with Ice Punch. I should really run some calcs on that.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Staraptor and Hitmontop deal with Weavile easily enough.

Keaton

Custom User Title
Staraptor and Hitmontop deal with Weavile easily enough.

But their not really counters.
Staraptor doesnt like Ice Punch or Shard, and Hitmontop hates Aerial Ace. A priority move like Mach would counter him for certian. I just feel that if Weavile got lucky he could get your team on the ropes IMO, especially since the rest of your team dislike him.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Leads get obliterated by close combat. Intimidate nuters them when i switch in.

Rudol Ichiga

The chosen one
John Light, stop bumping threads with useless posts..
Well, Staraptor ISNT a counter for Weavile, cause he cant switch in to Ice Punch or Ice Shard and Weavile is still faster than him -.-
Mach Punch Technician Hitmontop can do the trick cause he doesnt get OHKO by Aerial Ace.. Even if it has CB.