• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team of the Sun

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
FireStorm.jpg

Welcome to all to this Sun Team.

Now, Its a Very Unusual Team, but id been testing it for a while, and i wanted some advice, so i want to post it here, for advice. (No n00bish comments will be considered)

Pokemon 1- Ninetails

Its A sun team, so of course ninetails had to be included. At first i tried a Offensive one, but that didnt work out as i planed, so i tried defensive one, and i love it so much. It Survives longer and deals out status, and have been very helpful in times of need.

038.gif

Pokemon 2- Excadrill

I tried this as the rapid spinner and as the spinner and sand check, and it works. If GLiscor, Rotom-W and Skarm (and others, to lazy to list) can be defeated, hes a beast in the sand.

038.gif
excadrill_spirte_by_bloodspattercrow-d39dmch.gif

Pokemon 3- Latios

Specs HP Fire in Sun, is just awesome. That, and other moves like Draco and Psychock, really put a hole in ****. Plus, it can switch in on ground attacks

038.gif
381.gif

Pokemon 4- Victini

CB V-Create, OHKO on Gliscor, Latios, and other ****(2 Main KOs for my team) Fusion Bolt and Brick Break(no superpower :() to help with waters and Heatran. Quick Attack for some sort of Priority

038.gif
381.gif
victini_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38013t_4d8a53b6a6d45.gif

Pokemon 5- Blissey

I love Blissey, and its such a great glue to my team. It takes hit that i would have problems with(Heatran mostly) and nibbles away with Seiesmic TOss and Softbolied. ANd this Blissey has a Unexpected twist.

038.gif
381.gif
Blisseyanimated-1.gif

Pokemon 6- Gliscor

Gliscor, this goes great with Blissey as a Physical-Special WAll. I keep thinking i should switch this out for skarm, but gliscor goes really great in the team as a physical tank.

038.gif
381.gif
Blisseyanimated-1.gif
Shiny-Gliscor-Animated.gif

After a while, Exca didnt really work out like i wanted it to, and i didnt have any Stealth Rocks on my team, so i decided to replace Exca with Donphan, who can Set up rocks and Rapid Spin. Plus, it goes great in my defensive core.

038.gif
donphan-1.gif
381.gif
Blisseyanimated-1.gif

Well, Latios worked well, but I needed more firepower, so, i decided to try Volcarona. At first, i used the hyper offensive sets, but that died to quickly, and requried me to get rid of rocks. SO i tried Morning Sun, but pesky status (para/posion) really hampered with this as well, and required me to have Sun up to be effective. So i tried the CHesto-Resto Set. BEST. IDEA. EVER.

038.gif
donphan-1.gif
637.gif
Blisseyanimated-1.gif

And Lastly, Brick Break wasnt doing what i wanted it to do, kill Heatran. I tried Darmanitan, but again, it died way to fast for me to use it. Plus, 95 base Speed wasnt fast enough for me. So, I tried using CB infernape, and it works very well in this team, and with that, the team is complete.

038.gif
donphan-1.gif
637.gif
392.gif
Blisseyanimated-1.gif

AND NOW, THE FINISHED TEAM.

TPDM.png

ninetails.gif
Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SDef / 164 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

This Dual Stautus Ninetails is very effective as a Defensive Weather Setter, as it lasts longer than offensive ninetails. It always gets a chance to poison/burn at least two pokes a battle. Will-O-Wisp disrupts physical attackers, rendering them useless. Toxic, which used to be Hynosis, works better to disrupting walls and special attackers. The other moveves is for a little offensive. Fie Blast is to do the most possible damage, Energy Ball is to damage politoed/Rotom-W for the finsihing blow. Credit to d0nut for EVs

392.gif
Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Mach Punch

Now, though APe Fire Power is weaker compared to Victinis V-Create, but its powerful nonetheless. It has STAB priority, STAB 120 Base Power Attacks, and Iron Fist, which gives Mach Punch and CC extra power, which makes this better than victini. CC deals damage to Heatran and Scafty, both of which I hate. STAB Sun Boosted CB FLare Blitz puts some holes in **** and stone edge is to hit Volca, Mence, and D-Nite for Damaage(Almost forgot Gyrados)

637.png
Volcarona (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Rest

I know, why CHesto- Rest Volcarona. Well, as i described in the TBP, it works in almost any condition, but I know i can only use it once, All i need is one time. But now, you're saying why the Bulky Morning Sun EVs. The one thing I liked about the Morning Sun Set is the bulkiness of it. SO, i used Rest > morning SUn, and kept the EVs. It takes Physical ATtacks(other than Rock) like a boss. AFter some Quiver Dances, special attacks do nothing as well. Other than than, standard Volcarona.

232.gif
Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

The Other Physical Tank other than Gliscor, and the Spinner and Stealth Rocker of my team. Earthquake is a powerful STAB, with base 120 ATtack. Ice Shard is to hit Dragons and GLiscor, though it takes some time to take those down.

242.gif
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast

I know, you see Fire Blast, so I must be a "****ing n00b" but this actually works. Blissey Usually attarts Scizors and Ferros, so i either t-wave amd hit for a hard 4x Effective, Sun Boosted Attack, which OHKO both Scizor and Ferro(Scizor is OHKO even is Sand, Ferro is now a 2HKO in SAnd, only rain svaes these bastards) Other than that, standard Blissey.

472.gif
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Toxic/Swords Dance
- Protect

Immunity to Ground, and a good Physical Tank. I like the Toxic Set, as it makes me wear stuff down w/ Protect, but if someones gives me a good reason, Ill use Swords Dance.

And with that, the team is Finished. Please think about your comments, cause i hate seeing n00bish ****. Thx

Credits
Sprites- Google
Intro Banner- ME
Team Pose- Dragonitor

Last edited:

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
nice team but with Infernape's high speed, i don't think you need mach punch

Fabolous

Banned
Could the text get any bigger? I don't really see any major changes here except don't run Toxic on Gliscor just use Swords Dance. You could also run a Wish passing blissey so you can pass health along to your weakened team. Prolly could run aromatherapy too just in case your sweepers get statused. Wouldn't recommend it though cos it'll also get rid of gliscor's toxic status.

Vecte

Iron fist does not boost CC on ape

^This! I don't know where people keep getting Iron Fist boosts Close Combat. If the move does not have the word Punch anywhere in the name, it does NOT get a boost from Iron Fist.

Still though, it's a good Infernape setup, and you definitely want to keep Iron Fist and Mach Punch.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
This gets wrecked by any kind of rain team. Seriously. Once your sun is down, 4/5 of the remaining members on your team have a weakness to water. That is not going to be good at all xD.

TrollFreak

This gets wrecked by any kind of rain team. Seriously. Once your sun is down, 4/5 of the remaining members on your team have a weakness to water. That is not going to be good at all xD.

well, i wanted a rate, not a comment but oh well

yea, i was thinking gastro > glister, but he does my team so well :/

TrollFreak

I agree. I'd rate this team 6/10, because although it is very good (your Pokemon are amazing) but when a strong, high leveled water Pokemon comes into the battle then your team would be...well...owned. x3

thanks for nothing

and i beat SERVERAL rain teams, most are a bunch of nubs who are clueless, and i play around it skillfully

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Your team has no resist against Psychic, Flying, Dark, Ghost, Dragon, and Water (that's right: Water. So much of your team is weak to it that, even in Sun, it's a threat to your team. Only Blissey can come in easily on a water move, even in the Sun). Synergically, it gets ripped apart by Venusaur, Slowbro, Starmie, and Latios. Once Donphan gets KO'ed, your team has no way to handle dragons like Haxorus (or Latios), and Volcarona is doomed. From that standpoint, your team seems a bit fragile.

i beat SERVERAL rain teams, most are a bunch of nubs who are clueless, and i play around it skillfully

This means absolutely nothing. You admitted yourself that these were inexperienced rain team users, so how does it support your point that you could beat them? A well built, well played rain team won't have too much trouble beating this team.

I'm sorry if this sounded harsh, so let me make some suggestions.

One thought that might work out well is to replace Blissey with something that helps your synergy and supports your team more. Wish-passing Jirachi is a good idea, and it will also help out against your weaknesses to Dragon, Psychic, and Flying.

A different steel-type you could use (your team should have one at least) is Heatran, which seems better suited to sun teams because it doesn't have a fire weakness. I think using both Heatran and Jirachi together would be unwise, though.

Hope that helped.

Last edited:

TrollFreak

Your team has no resist against

Psychic- the ****?

Dragon- finally, 1st person to find the dragon weakness, any changes, or u just gonna make fun of the team?

Water- you know, if its so weak to WATER, why not gimme an idea *******, jeez, hate when ppl do that

(that's right: Water. So much of your team is weak to it that, even in Sun, it's a threat to your team. Only Blissey can come in easily on a water move, even in the Sun)- water is weakened by 1/2 in sun, even nine tails can come in w/o rocks

Synergically, it gets ripped apart by

Venusaur- true, i'll admit that

Slowbro- say hi to volcarona

Starmie- say hi to bliss

Latios- say hi to bliss

Once Donphan gets KO'ed, your team has no way to handle dragons like Haxorus- gliscor takes hits better than dolphan

(or Latios)- Bliss~

and Volcarona is doomed- bulky as mofo, 1 quiver dance usually gets the sweep done

From that standpoint, your team seems a bit fragile.- beaten stall teams and HO teams b4, 3 defensive mons, (4, ninetails)

This means absolutely nothing. You admitted yourself that these were inexperienced rain team users, so how does it support your point that you could beat them? A well built, well played rain team won't have too much trouble beating this team.

duh, all sun is like that, so you try to keep the weaknesses down to a mininum

I'm sorry if this sounded harsh, but it's my honest opinion.- well, you have that

comments ^^^ in bold

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Sorry. I actually edited it a few minutes after I first posted with some suggestions. You should check my post again.

And when I said that Volcarona is doomed, I meant that without Donphan, the foe would set up SR again and deal 50% damage to Volcarona on the switch-in.

Another weird idea I had was to throw in a Starmie (BoltBeam, Rapid Spin, and Recover/Psyshock) instead of either Infernape or Gliscor, to give your team a resist to psychic and water and to provide a surprise backup spinner.

Cometk

west side
u-turn > se on nape, you already 2hko all those mons with flare blitz after sr, u-turn gives you so much momentum.

had a sun team like this but it had sawsbuck so it was auto x100 cooler c:

mudkips

Awwwww Yeah!
u-turn > se on nape, you already 2hko all those mons with flare blitz after sr, u-turn gives you so much momentum.

had a sun team like this but it had sawsbuck so it was auto x100 cooler c:

troll_face_seal_of_approval_by_sylphviper-d484zvf.jpg

Replace dolphin with forretress for a dragon resist, and the fact that forry sets up MORE hazards. And just saying, latios rapes bliss with trick or psyshock. Your team is raped by scarf or rock polish landorus, and double booster terakkion...

Last edited:

TrollFreak

troll_face_seal_of_approval_by_sylphviper-d484zvf.jpg

Replace dolphin with forretress for a dragon resist, and the fact that forry sets up MORE hazards. And just saying, latios rapes bliss with trick or psyshock. Your team is raped by scarf or rock polish landorus, and double booster terakkion...

Terra says hi to Gliscor, Lando is tricky, but it can be dealth with if it doesnt have HP Ice

Gray™

adamant dd haxorus with lum berry
be careful with that motherkisser when using a sun team...
oh and btw my teams are the real teams of the sun unlike that wannabe=P

Last edited: