• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

Klozo

The Voyager
So far, I've only outlined the pre-national dex team:

;157;, codename "Washburn", Timid; If it wasn't for the special/physical split, I'd probably go with Feraligatr, but now that giving it Surf hardly makes any sense, I figured I'd rather get the reptile later, via breeding, after I get the liberty to maneuver my Pokemon freely

;169;, codename "Pazuzu", Adamant; 'cause I'd be REALLY bothered to wait till my Pidgeot hits 38 and gets Wing Attack

;076;, codename "Stoner", Impish; A rather helpful Poke for the first 3 gyms, and a decent physical wall till I get my hands on something better

;131;, codename "Nessie", Modest; A Surfer, sponge and Dragon killer with decent all-round stats.

;181;, codename "Giraffe", Modest; The one perfect Pokemon capable of suiting my stubborn lack of originality and need for a Signal Beaming electric attacker

;194;, codename "HM *****", unspecified; my HM slave for Rock Smash, Whirlpool and Waterfall

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I already planned out MY team before it was even confirmed that it was GS remakes being made.

Typhlosion (almost every time I played through GSC, I picked Cyndaquil. This will be no exception)
Qwilfish (Because it's awesome)
Victreebel (Because it's awesome)
Dunsparce (Because it's awesome)
Togetic/Togekiss (Noctowl and Crobat are too obvious, and you get the Togepi egg anyway...)
Weezing (Do I need to say it?)

I posted this months and months ago. Someone else made a post after this one saying they'd forget their team plans by the time of the games' release. Well, not me. This is the team I will have in HeartGold. I had this planned out before the games were even announced.

Honestly, I have only one poke I KNOW will be on my team, feraligatr <3 ;160;

I don't really plan in-game teams, it's usually spontaneous for me.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I started breeding a team to use in HG when I get it. So far I have 2 eggs ready: Totodile with Ice Punch and Dragon Dance (wish I realized before I started that Totodile can learn Waterfall...) and a Technician Scyther with Aerial Ace, UTurn, XScissor, and ...something else.

Next I want to start on a Teddiursa with Crunch, Metal Claw, Close Combat, and Cross Chop.

Well my HG team is all set. To join Totodile, Scyther, and Teddiursa will be Horsea, Houndour, and Eevee (Umbreon).

Next I'm going to start on my English SS team, which will be sorta like Ash's in the anime (never did this before, so that should be fun). Seeing as how I had a great father in Gliscor, I just taught it a few new moves, and I bred an Adamant Guts Heracross. :D The Mamoswine I used in my JPN SS game will prove to be a great father to my Phanpy (want Ice Shard egg move plus its Earthquake won't hurt). I cloned the Totodile egg that I'll be using for HG, so my new SS team is already almost half bred.

Grei

not the color
My team plans still go as follows:

;158;;159;;160; - My Starter, was my starter in Crystal. First Pokemon ever...
;387;;388;;389; - Trading over an egg with Turtwig. The Turwig line is probably my favorite Grass-type line. Strength with Defense!
;058;;059; - I'll catch a Growlithe at some point, and once it has Flare Blitz it'll evolve.
;207;;472; - I'll also trade over a Gligar egg with special moves. An Arceus I trade over will be holding a Razor Fang for me to use at my discretion.
;161;;162; - I'll likely catch a Sentret, which will not only be my Surf-er, but also a nostalgia Pokemon--I used one in my old Crystal copy.
;487;/;487-o; - The Arceus I trade over will be for this event. I'll get a baby Giratina from the Sinjoh Ruins.
;172; (Spiky-Eared) - I just got a Pikachu-Colored Pichu yesterday. : ) I plan on raising a SEPichu, if only for a little while.

I'm not planning post-Elite Four, that'll depend on which Pokemon I worked best with from my Johto team, as well as whatever Pokemon I'm looking at at that time. Currently, I'm considering Donphan and Glalie, but that'll likely change.

Bowser X

My team plans are:

Ahem, read sig below...

I'm gonna start with Cyndaquil...
I'll get an Abra and trade it to my brother after it evolves into Kadabra...
I'll trade a male Ralts from Platinum holding a dawn stone.
I'm gonna catch a female Horsea, evolve it, find a Dragon Scale, give it to it, and trade it.
I'm gonna catch a Scyther, give it a metal coat, and trade it.
I might just catch Carvanha from the PokeWalker and evolve it, but if I get too lazy to do that I'll just trade a carvanha over from Platinum.

Last edited:

JD

Well here's my Team

Feraligatr
Arcanine
Donphan
Espeon
Pidgeot
Heracross/Hitmontop/Machamp
Im currently trying to cordinate what Gym each of them will be used in.

Last edited:

Charizard The Great

The Great One
The team I take to the Pokemon League on SoulSilver will consist of:

Typhlosion
Lugia
Kingdra
Houndoom
Ampharos
Scizor

To put it simply the above are six of my favourite 2nd gen Pokemon.

After the Pokemon League, however, with the number of Pokemon that can now be acquired it is difficult to predict my final team; the team that I will use in battles. Though I do foresee having Typhlosion and Charizard in the same team. F**k me that will be fiery.

Last edited:

Lunanight

Before National Dex:
Typlosion
murkrow
sneasel
Gyarados(Shiny)
Blissey
Lapras

After National Dex:
Infernape
Honchkrow
Weavile
Salamence
Gengar
Electivire

Mrpuc

Shocked!
Feraligatr
Scizor
Ursaring

i havent thought of the rest yet :p

Princess_Eevee

My whole HG team is waiting in thier own little box!
;133; Princess: Female, Shiny, Eevee, Partner
;470; Sprite: Female, Shiny, Leafeon
;058; Valiant: Male, Growlith, Future Arcannine
;478; Chills: Female, Froslass
;147; Jewel: Female, Shiny, Dratini, Future Dragonair
;427; Candi: Female, Shiny, Buneary, Future Lopunny
What do you think? :D

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
I'm quite sure this is how it'll go:

- Teeth, Totodile/Croconaw
- [???], Murkrow/Honchkrow
- [???], Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos
- Mesos, Meowth
- Plesiance, Lapras

Teeth, Honchkrow and Ampharos will be my main Pokémon, Mesos will be.. umm, I don't really know. A mascot of sorts, perhaps...
Oh, and Plesiance will be my Field Master. For that reason, it's actually the only Pokémon on my team with a complete planned moveset. x3

Bank$

HG:

I'm going to catch pokemon only found in this game and follow evolution rules ( no 4th gen evos ie: Honchkrow, Weavile etc. ) until I get the National Dex.

Typhlosion
Noctowl
Machamp
Victreebel
Jolteon
Slowking

SS:

Anything goes. I'm going to trade over 5/6 pokemon from Platinum.

Feraligatr
Pikachu ( no evolution )
Scizor
Gallade
Ninetales
Shiftry

Last edited:

Mr.Nightmare

Hmmm not too sure yet, still contemplating. But I know for a fact that I'm starting with Chikorita and I'm seriously hankering for a Donphan to be on my team.

chikoritalover16

Finally decided this past weekend!

Chikorita
Wooper
Phanpy (the only one I'm trading over from my Pearl)
Gastly
Mareep
Hoothoot

I like my team because it's 5/6 Johto and parts of it are from my original that I had on Gold. I'll see how I do with it.

Defy gravity!
;152;

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
I've tweaked my team a bit since I last posted, and decided upon their nicknames.

Perry the Feraligatr (Waterfall, Ice Fang, Crunch, Headbutt)
Lloyd the Ampharos (Thunder Wave, Discharge, Signal Beam, Power Gem)
Chauncey the Gengar (Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Hypnosis, Destiny Bond)
Horace the Dragonite (Fly, Fire Punch, Extremespeed, Outrage)
Norm the Ursaring (Strength, Rock Climb, Avalanche, Dig)
Quentin the Heracross (Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Megahorn)

also, my HM abuser, Furret (Surf, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, Cut)

Generally, just like the average player, when I construct my in-game teams I go for a mix of physical and special attackers, as well as the most diverse spread of pokemon types and move types as possible. I try only to teach my in-game teams moves that they learn by levelling up, or by way of a TM I can easily replace. I also went for the oddest set of nicknames I could think of for them, and I worked 4 HMs into the movesets for my main 6, and reserved the other 4 for my Furret.