• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

ebuks

MASTER MIND
I'm thinking about changing maneton because of the fire/ground weakness. so I'm thinking of either ampharos, or jolteon or any other suggested electric types. Or a grass type. Please give suggestions! :)

try torterra or electivire

GeoSoulReaper

That Guy Named Geo
Typhlosion
Heracross
Togekiss
Weavile
Kingdra
Ampharos

If I wasn't planning on strictly using non legendaries I'd include Suicune and Lugia

ForteAnly

Thinking of changing my Ursaring in my heart gold team to a shiny Raichu. Now that I got the PCP i want to use it in my team right away for a shiny Raichu.

PsychoCyndaquil

Decided to switch my teams around.

SoulSilver:
Typhlosion
Dewgong
Torterra
Amphramos
Pidgeot

HeartGold:
Meganium
Aracanine
Floatzel
Luxray
Pidgeot

Jack_19

Feraligatr
Surf
Ice Punch
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance

Arcanine
Flare Blitz
Morning Sun
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed

Tyranitar
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch

Alakazam
Psychic
Focus Blast
Signal Beam
Recover

Dragonite
Dragon Rush
Fly
Hyper Beam
Brick Break

Raichu
Thuderbolt
Thunder Wave
Grass Knot
Iron Tail

is going to be my team

Jirachi Kidd

My Team will be:
;157;Typhlosion- my starter in Soul Silver.
;181;Ampharos- going to catch a Mareep in SS.
;430;Honchkrow- going to catch a Murkrow in SS.
;186;Politoed- going to catch a Poliwag in SS.
;424;Ambipom- going to catch a Aipom in SS.
;407;Roserade- going to send a Budew egg to SS.

Roserade doesnt really fit in, but is my future team good!?

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
^Feraligatr Should be at waterfall, ice fang/punch, EQ and swords dance

no point have discharge and thunder wave on the same move set especially since Ampharos has static as an ability. Discharge paralysis very often.

Gengar should have shadow ball, focus blast, energy ball and destiny bond.

Your Dragonite and Ursaring is giving me diabetes.

Ursaring should be facade,fire punch, brick break and crunch/night slash

Dragonite would be better with DD, thunder punch, Outrage and EQ.

Hercross wants stone edge like its going out of fashion and night slash.

wow, you clearly didn't read anything I said other than my movesets. They all know the moves they do for a reason. I'm not gonna waste some of the best TM's in the game on them and breed for moves when they get perfectly good coverage with the attacks they already know. Also, they know HMs so I don't need an HM slave. In-game is a breeze regardless of movesets. Besides, your movesets rely much more on getting the right situation than mine, and I'd need 2 HM slaves, at least, to cover the overworld effects, when my movesets only require a Whirlpool user. The one change I will make is substituting Focus Blast in for Thunder Wave on Ampharos. I meant to change it on the Word Document I copied and pasted from, but it looks like I forgot.

In short, my team is designed for in-game: it has a lot of differently typed moves for battles, virtually every HM for exploring, and status for catching stuff. There's a reason that people differentiate between in-game teams (mine) and competitive teams (kinda what you suggested).

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
wow, you clearly didn't read anything I said other than my movesets. They all know the moves they do for a reason. I'm not gonna waste some of the best TM's in the game on them and breed for moves when they get perfectly good coverage with the attacks they already know. Also, they know HMs so I don't need an HM slave. In-game is a breeze regardless of movesets. Besides, your movesets rely much more on getting the right situation than mine, and I'd need 2 HM slaves, at least, to cover the overworld effects, when my movesets only require a Whirlpool user. The one change I will make is substituting Focus Blast in for Thunder Wave on Ampharos. I meant to change it on the Word Document I copied and pasted from, but it looks like I forgot.

In short, my team is designed for in-game: it has a lot of differently typed moves for battles, virtually every HM for exploring, and status for catching stuff. There's a reason that people differentiate between in-game teams (mine) and competitive teams (kinda what you suggested).

Its generally better to use HM slaves its only a short trip to the poke'center to swap a pokemon around when its needed rather than have perfectly good pokemon use HM moves in game. Fly, surf and waterfall being the exceptions. I basically build all my pokemon to have the best moves they can have and a HM slave or too isn't that much of a price to pay for a full team of pokemon with their best moves. but thats just my two cents on the matter

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
My HG Team will be:

- ;154; Meganium
- ;149; Dragonite
- ;232; Donphan (<--- Shiny!)
- ;131; Lapras
- ;094; Gengar
- ;229; Houndoom (<---- Also Shiny!)

I can't wait for HG to come out.

Piplup~Luver

Squirtle
I usually keep HM slaves in the PC until I need them.

Staples on my team are:

Feraligatr
Pidgeot
Nidoqueen

I will catch whatever else on the way. I'm trying to use 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon only.

By the way, what are HGSS's best HM slaves? I know there was Tropius and Bibarel in Platinum.

The only HMs that will be on me at all times are Surf (Feraligatr) and Fly(Pidgeot).

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
I usually keep HM slaves in the PC until I need them.

Staples on my team are:

Feraligatr
Pidgeot
Nidoqueen

I will catch whatever else on the way. I'm trying to use 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon only.

By the way, what are HGSS's best HM slaves? I know there was Tropius and Bibarel in Platinum.

The only HMs that will be on me at all times are Surf (Feraligatr) and Fly(Pidgeot).

Furret's one of the best. It can learn Surf and Whirlpool (among others), so you can save that spot on Feraligatr for Waterfall or something.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Typhlosion
Lanturn
Sunflora
Xatu
Forretress
Tyranitar

Its balanced, and I've never used Lanturn, Sunflora, Xatu, or Forretress before.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I'm re doing my team all over again as i wont be able to trade over eggs, so far its between Cyndaquil or Chikorita for a starter.

Thypholsion or Meganium
Quadsire Houndoom
Ampharos Lanturn
Pidgeot Espeon
Umbreon Nidoking/Nioqueen
??? Togetic

I'm not sure what to use for 6th Pokemon for Heartgold. Any suggestions?

Shiny_Skarmory

Avalanche Master
Probably...

Typhosion
Noctowl
Mamoswine
Ampharos
Heracross
Gyrados

Could do with a grass type in there, but, nevemind...

omega123

All the kanto starters and all the johtos starters. i have already got them all.

kayteemae

Hit To Key
At the moment i'm only sure of three:
Meganium
Ampharos
Pidgeot

Going to plan the others whilst playing through the game i think.

kayteemae

Hit To Key
At the moment i'm only sure of three:
Meganium
Ampharos
Pidgeot

Going to plan the others whilst playing through the game i think.

Edit:sorry for double post :S