• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
On advice from the Help thread, I decided to go with Fearow instead of Dodrio. And since there are no good non-starter Grass-types in this game, I'm going with Meganium. So my team will probably end up looking like this:

Meganium (Mace/Mint) They're both names of spices.
Ampharos (Light/Hikaru) The male is a play on the main character of Death Note's name, and the female means "to shine."
Fearow (Starscream/Sandpiper) The male is named for the Decepticon Starscream (I know Starscream's the bad guy, but so is Sephiroth, so eat it, fanboys! Anyway, the female is named for the airline from Wings.
Magmar (Darunia/Din) Both are Zelda references.
Espeon (Jango/Kin) Anyone who's heard of Boktai should remember the male's name, even without the D. The female name is short for "Kinetic," or "Telekinetic." Note that if I get a female Abra with Synchronize, I'll use the same name for her instead of the Espeon.
Lapras (Ferris/Aurora) The male's name comes from Ferris, while the female comes from the word Aurora.

My team is largely unchanged, but I'm considering using Umbreon if someone can manage to talk me into it before I get my Eevee.

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
I never played a Johto game before so i'm unsure if this team is ok:

Feraligatr
Ampharos
Donphan
Noctowl
Arcanine
Heracross

Can some one tell me if it's good or not please?
Pretty good team except unless your trading over phanphy then choose another pokemon cause you can't find them until after 8th gym :/

Coreracer15

Master of the Sea
alright. I finally decided. This. is my team.
Typhlosion (starter)
Meganium (egg)
Feraligatr (egg)
Crobat/Togekiss
Umbreon
Steelix/(ideas please!)
so yeah help is wanted!!!!!! :)

Raudic

typhlosion
miltank
mamoswine
scizor
politoed
gengar

looking for a way to cover the rock weakness this has...

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
alright. I finally decided. This. is my team.
Typhlosion (starter)
Meganium (egg)
Feraligatr (egg)
Crobat/Togekiss
Umbreon
Steelix/(ideas please!)
so yeah help is wanted!!!!!! :)
How about standard ampharos or A slowking. Dragonite?

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
A minor change from what I posted before, my planned team is now:
;154;
;184;
;136;
;040;
;230; (shiny lv 24 currently on my Pearl; will trade over when I reach Goldenrod)

Those are the 5 Ill use in Johto and Ill add a final member once I get to Kanto:
;330;

So, I managed to only re-use one Pokemon that I used on my Japanese HeartGold, Meganium, even though I was really tempted to use Articuno again heheh.

Cobalt_Latios

After looking back at this...

-Typhlosion
-Latios (will be equiped with Fly), [kept until I get Lugia]
-Lucario (will be as a Riolu beforehand, to make things, "even". Don't ask)
-HM slave
-Ampharos
-Victreebel (believe it or not, I have never used one before... yeah, I know. Besides, I can catch that sucker early ;))

There, I think that's how I'm going to go.

C_L
And again... after being unable to find my AR in time (and not wanting to buy a new one for my own reasons...) :

- Typhlosion
- Porygon Z (sent as a Porygon; I have all that I need to evolve it to a Porygon Z back in Platinum)
- Lucario (see above)
- HM Slave (probably Furret)
- Ampharos
- Victreebel

I'm set.

C_L

BattleFrontierChampion

Factory Head Noland
My future HeartGold team:

This is what my future HeartGold team shall be. I have contemplated this for a while and I feel like it's a very good team. I have some ideas for moves for each pokemon but i don't really want to write each one out...

Typloshion (Love Typloshions;157;)\

Kingdra (Great surfer)

Scizor (Great physical atk)

Jolteon (I try to use a new electric type in each of my teams, Jolteon was up next)

Exeggutor (Part of sunny day combo and I wanted to use one)

Crobat/Articuno (I love articuno and will use Crobat until I get to the seafoam islands, if Articuno's still there.)

BattleFrontierChampion

Factory Head Noland
My future HeartGold team:

This is what my future HeartGold team shall be. I have contemplated this for a while and I feel like it's a very good team. I have some ideas for moves for each pokemon but i don't really want to write each one out...

Typloshion (Love Typloshions;157;)

Kingdra (Great surfer)

Scizor (Great physical atk)

Jolteon (I try to use a new electric type in each of my teams, Jolteon was up next)

Exeggutor (Part of sunny day combo and I wanted to use one)

Crobat/Articuno (I love articuno and will use Crobat until I get to the seafoam islands, if Articuno's still there.)

FireFalcon

hear 'm roar
Still trying out some combinations, this will probable be the final one.

Like the team in my sig:
typhlosion
jumpluff
heracross
politoed
farfetch'd
miltank

Leaf blading - farfetch'd and ice punching - miltank should cover the loss of an electric type.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I'm going to SR for a female Chikorita. Why? Because I can!

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Osiris try beat my SR record 6 SR's=Adamnt Shiny Totodile that likes to thrash about :D

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I'm not SRing for a shiny starter! If I did that, I'd never get through the game!

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Either was I. I only was looking for an Adamant one.The games evil. I got it today thanks to my boss letting me have it early. Stopped playing for a hour(that didn't last). now I'm playing again

Sparkyperson

Light Ball Collector
Finally decided on my ingame team.

-Pikachu

And that's it.
I'm looking at taking it slow and catching as much of the pokedex as I can on my way through. So as long as I have HM slaves when I need them, I should be fine.

And then, I'll eventually replace it with a new team.

-Flying Pikachu

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
Either was I. I only was looking for an Adamant one.The games evil. I got it today thanks to my boss letting me have it early. Stopped playing for a hour(that didn't last). now I'm playing again
Wait you already have English soul silver/ heartgold?