• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

PsychoCyndaquil

SoulSilver:
Pre-Elite Four:
Torterra
Feraligatr
Houndoom
Jolteon

Post-Elite Four:
Feraligatr
Houndoom
Torterra
???
???

I need suggestions for two more team members. I need an Electric Pokemon and was probably going to get a Psychic as well. Any ideas?

ZachAttackk

curselax pwn
Mine is
Dragonite
Sceptile
Gengar
Staraptor
Scizor
Gyarados

colonelblackeye

Old School Trainer
for HG my team will be:
Typhlosion
Kingdra
Snorlax
Ampharos
Crobat
and either Girafarig or Donphan or Bellossom (can't decide) with the other two as reserves.

reserves will be:
Honchrow, Skarmory, Metagross, Heracross, Quagsire, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Scizor

In SS my team is:
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Honchkrow
Magmortar
Mamoswine
Dragonite

and my reserves are:
Tyranitar, Lugia, Alakazam, Snorlax, Ursaring, Electabuzz, Tangrowth

Slifer

Hero of this story
SoulSilver:

Typhlosion
Qwilfish
Scizor
Noctowl
Ampharos
Victreebel

HeartGold is a work in progress, but here's what I'd like:

Feraligatr
Arcanine
Granbull
Skarmory
Raichu
[Undecided]

Last edited:

Redblood012

Gray Trainer
After a while of trying to see which of the startes to choose, I went with this team after I picked Chikorita

Meganium
Politoed
Crobat
Houndoom
Ampharos
Heracross

lucario96

Fighting Legend
My team consists of:
(Before going to kanto)
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Scizor
Ho-oH
Pidgeot
Hm Slave.
(in kanto)
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Scizor
Ho-oH
Lucario
blissy
(after beating red)
Scizor
Blazekin
Venisaur
Feraligatr
Lucario
Ampharos

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
After playing my SoulSilver, I am going to play my HeartGold, and this is my team plan:

Meganium
Heracross
Tyranitar
Togekiss
Lanturn
Mamoswine

Storm Is Pro

The Black Guy
For Soulsilver im thinking:

Feraligatr
Ampharos
Dragonite
Gengar
Scizor
Furret (HM Slave)

Any recommendations on ampharos tho? Its so overused ingame thinking of other stuff? Maybe i can give gengar thunderbolt and get a grass type, fire or another type im missing? Then again all of the grass types suck and arcanine is only in HG and even worst the firestone takes ages to get. Hmm

magikot

Having moved everything onto my heart gold cartridge, I'm going to restart soul silver (trading where appropriate).

I'm going to go with team members I never use:

Jumpluff
Ninetails
Lapras
Venomoth
Furret
Sandslash

PokeTrainerEX

My team going into the game was:

Typhlosion
Tyranitar
Crobat
Ampharos
Dragonite
Lapras

It's actually my same team from the originals. But Crobat is a replacement for Pidgeot

poke-lord

I paln on having in game of

Typhlosion
Noctowl
Lapras
Togetic/Togekiss
Mamoswine
HM Salve

Storm Is Pro

The Black Guy
Think i want to have this for Heart Gold:

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Crobat
Kingdra
Tyranitar
HM Slave

Can anyone tell me how early in the game you can get horsea. Says the whirl islands and the seaform islands but how much badges would i have to have before i can catch horsea? Before chuck? Havent played since gsc so yeah...

Kyukon_Mars

I've been having trouble deciding on a team so I've spent a lot of time training Pokemon compared to my other games. Right now I'm thinking:

Feraligatr
Ampharos
Altaria
Ninetales
Gallade
Jynx, Sableye, Sneasel, or Blissey, can't decide

malciouspit

my team as to date

mewtwo lv 100
typhlosion lv 100
salamence lv 100
kyogre lv 84
garchomp lv 60 (working ish on it)
? not sure on my 6th. im leaning towards blastiose or empoleon

opinions?

malciouspit

Think i want to have this for Heart Gold:

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Crobat
Kingdra
Tyranitar
HM Slave

Can anyone tell me how early in the game you can get horsea. Says the whirl islands and the seaform islands but how much badges would i have to have before i can catch horsea? Before chuck? Havent played since gsc so yeah...

earlyist would be after you can use whilpool which i think you can use after pryce. but it could be jasmine. as chuck allows you to use fly

Storm Is Pro

The Black Guy
earlyist would be after you can use whilpool which i think you can use after pryce. but it could be jasmine. as chuck allows you to use fly
=(

ahhh is it possible to find it in the water around taht area or would you certainly need the whirlpool hm before you can get it. Damn this sucks =/.

I want to play the game without trading over eggs or anything as its more fun to me that way and i ahd a perfect all johto team too!(furret as hm slave).