• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
now it is:
Charizard
Venusaur
Blastoise
Dragonite
Moltres
Lugia

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
blastoise, typhlosion, pidgeot, togekiss, t-tar, pikachu

manaphy910

Pokédex Collector!
I probably have the weakest team on here but oh well! My original design was actually based on some Pokemon plush toys my dad bought me for me years ago when he went to Japan for work. I am going to trade in these Pokemon after I get my first badge so I'll use a back-up to help Chikorita deal with the gym leader... In case you were wondering, I won't evolve these Pokemon until after the Battle Frontier/when I feel like it. Hey, Pikachu worked out for Red, right?

Chikorita (starter)
Squirtle
Eevee
Pikachu
Latias (might change to Chimchar or something from Pearl)
Mantyke

I'm still wondering how I'm going to get Latias, a Pokemon roaming Hoenn at Level 40, into a team that is only Level 5. Maybe it'll come in eventually... and be replaced by Chimchar until then but now I can't fly! I'll figure it out when the time comes... but then Yellow Forest... AHH!!! Too many thoughts!

coolkakos

A bit stuck in my team planning strategy... I have several options on ways i'd like to go about forming my team...

1) I'm partial to only using pokemon specific to that region.
??So does that mean i should add kanto pokemon when i arrive in kanto??

(a constant- i know for sure i want to use DUNSPARCE... i have a soft spot for him...)

2) Instead of planning a team i'm thinking of simply following my heart and whim as i play the game and use pokemon i aquire along the way who i seem to become attached to...

3) Im do not like, seeing as that i want to use mostly or possibly all johto pokemon, that i cannot aquire many of the interesting johto pokemon in johto!!!

(i like bug and dark and ghost type pokemon..)

any suggestions?

shadow_wolf

Changed my mind on my team for about the millionth time. This is hopeully my team when i get my game on friday.

Croconaw (not evolving past this stage)
Ampharos
Arcanine
Salamence
Pidgeot/Noctowl
Umbreon/Espeon

Fingers crossed i will go through with this one.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Changed my mind on my team for about the millionth time. This is hopeully my team when i get my game on friday.

Croconaw (not evolving past this stage)
Ampharos
Arcanine
Salamence
Pidgeot/Noctowl
Umbreon/Espeon

Fingers crossed i will go through with this one.

Why dont u evolve croconaw? is it beause it lears hydro pump at lv 71?

Korinza

I want to have -

Arcanine
Typhlosion
Syther/Sizor (if I can find a friend that will help me because WiFi wont work for me...)
Tyranitar
Pidgeot

Don't know about the last Pokemon probably a random Pokemon I like in my journey, its what I had in original Silver (except Arcanine). May not seem that good but it was my fav combo.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I have now decided on a potential team, but a lot will change when I finally get the game in Spring I should think:

Feraligator
Milktank
Tangrowth
Umbreon
Ho-oh
and probably Ampharos as I like to make it as rule to have a least one electric type in party
I would choose another as I used Ampharos a lot in my old Silver :S But couldn't think of any other Johto ones ¬¬

EDIT: Just remembered a I posted this, Lanturn!

Torpoleon

I've decided to change Tyrantar with Granbull because of Tyranitar's ability. I've thought of the moves, items and natures of all my Pokémon as well. I'll post that in the future though.

<3 crobat <3

GSC trainer only
edit:

Since they first announced and comfirmed the games ive been planning my teams! i even planned out what moves theyll know already XD anyway,

HG

donphan
jumpluff
arcanine
lanturn
hm slave
hmslave

SS

skarmory
ledian
venomoth
kingdra
hm slave
hm slave

i wanna replace the slaves but i just cant train 6 at once, even four is hard for me :/

i dont use starters, until after the elite four do i even train them cuz i got the special ones from XD already, dont really need these guys

Last edited:

drl

My team in SS , got stoped in Janine , was:

- Ledian lv 50
- Feraligtle lv 55
- Ampharos lv 52
- Lanturn lv 52
- Noctowl lv 53

Got bored.

Team in Hg:

- Chicorita lv 7
- Spinarak lv 2
- Aipom
- Phanpy
- ?
- ?

aaron-now

In HeartGold my team has been:
Typhlosion-Modest
Ampharos-Modest
Kingdra-Adamant
Golem-Replaced by Gengar-Modest
Fearow-Replaced by Hooh-Adamant
Furret- Replaced by Linoone-HMSlave

Next time I start the game, I'm going to try for a Lanturn, a Nidoking/queen and Yanmega.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
What do you plan to be your final HG/SS team? For me I want to resurrect my silver team:

Typholosion
Ampharos
Umbreon
Lugia
Snorlax
Tyranitar

May not be the greatest but it worked.

I'm too lazy to train so i'm using an AMAZING TEAM OF 2
Typlosion and Ampharos
EQ danger ftw

Current team in SS
Typhlosion
Espeon
Raichu
Dragonite
Lugia
(Empty)

Probably gonna use the same team in the english version of SS, but maybe with a few changes.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I changed my mind about what team I want (I don't even remeber what I put down as my team lol).

Meganium (Never changed)
Umbreon (Decided not to change it)
Donphan
Scizor
Noctowl
Lanturn

I decided to go with full Johto team, I know Scizor is Scyther first but I am most likely going to be breeding one in like Plat, attach a Metal Coat at lv1 and trade it so its Scizor in the other one (I will probably breed Lanturn/Scizor/Donphan and maybe Umbreon, I don't feel like waiting until my other teams are like lv40 and the new ones ar elike lv20)

I plan on using the following;

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Viloplume
Slobro
Scizor
Murkrow - Honchkrow (Murkrow for pre-national; then evolved to Honchkrow for post-national.)

And until I can catch Murkrow all the way at the Safari Zone; I'll be using Togetic.

Also; it's likely I'll try and change my team at post national. Plan on using those Pokemon you get from trades with gym leaders. Like That Rhyhorn from Brock. Yum.

Bullz

I was thinking:

Typhlosion- Not many fire types in early game
Gengar- Speed + Hypnosis = pain
Togetic- Going to be a while before it gets strong
Magneton- I <3 these

Last 2 slots are my HM Slaves >: )

Last edited:
I'll bring back my Silver team and add a few changes.

Bayleef- I don't like Meganium
Steelix- Steel types = love
Lapras- Need a water type
Togetic- This was a huge help in the E4, I remember.
Dragonair- Dislike Dragonite, and I need a dragon type.
Ninetails- Over-used by me.

I've decided to change the team I said I was going to use:

Meganium
Gengar
Fearow
Quagsire
Pikachu(Poor thing...everybody's using Ampharos)
Ninetails

See, original...Ok maybe not...