• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
the team i am thinking of having now is...
typhlosion
donphan
lugia
politoed
ampheros
ursaring

I've decided that on the first play-thru I'm going to be a guy, and on the second Lyra.
Here's the team for Lyra:

Meganium: Body Slam, Light Screen, Solarbeam, Petal Dance
Girafarig: Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Double Hit, Baton Pass
Azumarill: Aqua Tail, Bubblebeam, Double-Edge, Rollout
Mismagius: Shadow Ball, Pain Split, Psybeam, Power Gem
Wigglytuff: Hyper Voice, Body Slam, Gyro Ball, Rest
Pikachu: Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Thunderbolt

I chose this team simply because the majority have low stats, and aren't your average Pokemon and aren't as popular, so it will make things harder for me.

StoneAgeFlame

Pokeologist
Sooooo, usually I choose Cyndaquil or Totodile, but this time I'm shakin' things up and choosing Chikorita.
Meganium
Arcanine
Kingdra/Tentecruel
Heracross
Gliscor
Weavile

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
I've decided that on the first play-thru I'm going to be a guy, and on the second Lyra.
Here's the team for Lyra:

Meganium: Body Slam, Light Screen, Solarbeam, Petal Dance
Girafarig: Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Double Hit, Baton Pass
Azumarill: Aqua Tail, Bubblebeam, Double-Edge, Rollout
Mismagius: Shadow Ball, Pain Split, Psybeam, Power Gem
Wigglytuff: Hyper Voice, Body Slam, Gyro Ball, Rest
Pikachu: Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Thunderbolt

I chose this team simply because the majority have low stats, and aren't your average Pokemon and aren't as popular, so it will make things harder for me.

Good for you. I think I'll take that approach when I play HG. But for Soul Silver I'm playing my favorites.

dancing_totodile

Breeder Contestant
Well, even though they arn't out, I've planned it out (and my best friend made fun of me for it)

I'm going with...
HG:
Thyplsion
Crobat
Ampharos
Jumpluff
Kingler
Sableye

SS:
Feraligator
Pidgeot
Haunter
Sunflora
Mamoswine
Ursaring

I wanted to use pokemon I never use, plus a few of my favorites... I know my grass types won't be too effective, but I just never really get ot use them and being in HGSS I wanted to try.

A little over a month left, I can't wait!!!

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I started breeding a team to use in HG when I get it. So far I have 2 eggs ready: Totodile with Ice Punch and Dragon Dance (wish I realized before I started that Totodile can learn Waterfall...) and a Technician Scyther with Aerial Ace, UTurn, XScissor, and ...something else.

Next I want to start on a Teddiursa with Crunch, Metal Claw, Close Combat, and Cross Chop.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
My HG Team:

Cyndaqil -> Typhlosion
Eevee -> Espeon
Scyther -> Scizor / Spinarak -> Ariados
Horsea -> Kingdra
Mareep -> Ampharos
HootHoot -> Noctowl

My SS Team:

Meganium, Tyranitar, Togekiss, and Magnezone

I got the two open slots for Magmortar/Rapidash and Kingdra/Slowbro but i can't decide D:

PKMNMaSteR MikE

I'm thinkin of this team for SS:

Typhlosion
Octillery
Jolteon / Ampharos
Victreebel
Piloswine / Gligar
Muk

I haven't trained any of these pokemon yet and usually try to start a new game with a completely new team.

CHiPATO

k this time im 4sure about my teams for hg and ss

SS Team (my game)
Feraligatr
Espeon
Houndoom
Steelix
Pidgeot
Nidoking

HG Team (my friend's game)
Kingdra
Umbreon
Arcanine
Gengar
Dragonite
Nidoqueen

MizuJosh

Sapphire Kingdra
Switching it up again.

Kingdra
Meganium
Ninetales
Manectric
Blissey
Espeon

I already have Eevee eggs and Horsea eggs on my Diamond ready to trade over in the beginning. :) Now to make a Vulpix egg, Chancey egg, and Electrike egg. Starting with Chikorita.

SketchFox7

HEARTGOLD
Starting with Cyndaquil, will catch a Zubat and Larvitar, getting a Togepi egg, receiving Eevee from Bill and trading over a Horsea egg from my Platinum

End Up With:
Typhlosion
Crobat
Kingdra
Togekiss
Espeon
Tyranitar

Last edited:

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Nope, you can now catch them in the new Safari Zone, b4 the E4, thats why I'm going to catch instead of trade an egg from my Platinum

Well, you can catch Lavitar pre E4 in the Safari Zone if it's one of the 6 Safari Zone areas you unlock. if not I believe you have to wait until post-E4. (I may be mistaken)

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
I was going to start with a baby of my faithful butterfree, but with the 5th generation announced already, I've lost all desire.