• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

SketchFox7

And you can catch Horsea before the Elite 4, also. But it'd be nice to have your team very early on, I think.

Precisely why I'm trading a Horsea egg, lol, I wanna train the rest for a little bit b4 Larvitar cuz it'll require lots of training by itself

MizuJosh

Sapphire Kingdra
Oh, I see. Makes sense. Larvitar does take a while, and you can get a Kingdra at Level 32 assuming you trade with a Dragon Scale right after it evolves to Seadra. It's what I'll be doing. So by around 5th Gym, I'm hoping to have most of my team (probably Kingdra and Meganium for sure).

SketchFox7

Oh, I see. Makes sense. Larvitar does take a while, and you can get a Kingdra at Level 32 assuming you trade with a Dragon Scale right after it evolves to Seadra. It's what I'll be doing. So by around 5th Gym, I'm hoping to have most of my team (probably Kingdra and Meganium for sure).

same here, I'm trading a Teddiursa(pokemon you can't get in HG) holding a dragon scale to my HG right after i get the pokedex, and a few others with soothe bells, lol (Golbat, Togetic and Eevee need em)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've been trying to decide on a full team of 6, but I can't find another two members. So far I have;

Torterra
Charizard
Feraligatr
Electivire

I may just leave the last two slots for HM slaves, which is most likely, but I don't know.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
same here, I'm trading a Teddiursa(pokemon you can't get in HG) holding a dragon scale to my HG right after i get the pokedex, and a few others with soothe bells, lol (Golbat, Togetic and Eevee need em)

I'm trading some pokemon over to my soulsilver as well. My arceus from platinum so I can get plkia, my other arceus to my heartgold so I can get dialga and trade it to soulsilver, a larvitar with dragon dance, and a shiny zangoose. I just love zangoose, especially when it's shiny. I guess a lot of people will do this. I just can't wait for the games. Only a month away ^^

SketchFox7

I'm trading some pokemon over to my soulsilver as well. My arceus from platinum so I can get plkia, my other arceus to my heartgold so I can get dialga and trade it to soulsilver, a larvitar with dragon dance, and a shiny zangoose. I just love zangoose, especially when it's shiny. I guess a lot of people will do this. I just can't wait for the games. Only a month away ^^

with the revelation that you can trade any pokemon as soon as you get your pokedex, I guarantee a ton of people will be doing it, lol

Nana

Changed it again.

Meganium
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Umbreon
Skarmory
Froslass

At first, I thought I wouldn't use any third or fourth generation Pokemon, thinking it'd essentially "ruin" the fun of second generation.

I've since then decided that doesn't make sense at all. Why use Piloswine/Mamoswine when I've wanted to a chance to train Froslass? I'll just trade an egg over.

treecko maina

mystery awaits
i might cange between them but
meganium
noctowl pidgeot
gyarados
gengar
houndoom arcanine
beedrill
treecko when i trade it over same with blaziken troterra empoleon charizad
ampharos spelling

Camcam

Feraligatre
Noctowl (or Pidgeot haven't decided yet)
Victreebell
Ampharos
Ninetales (or Flareon or another fire type depending on who I run into first)
If going through the adventure this slot will probably be my HM slave but for the E4 I'll probably end up using the legendary bird.
I may use Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina if I can trade over that Arceus before I face the E4

Munchay!

So..What did I miss?
Well, so far I'm thinking of:

1. Typlosion
2. Tyranitar
3. Dragonite
4. Red Garadoyse
5. Entai
6. Lugia

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The starter I plan on using is Chikorita since it's the hardest one among Totodile and Cyndaquil. I plan on having many teams on my HGSS games, some will be from eggs from my Pearl and Platinum games. I do plan on hatching a Larvitar egg I'm holding currently in Platinum.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
My team

-Meganium/Celebi (I might wait till the event comes around)
-Vaporeon/Red Gyarados(we are forgetting him i think)
-Magmar
-Gengar
-Pidgeot/Crobat
-Electrode

Latiosify

Ace Trainer
In-game team for Soul Silver

Cyndaquil/Quilava/Thyphlosion
Onix (Trade for Bellsprout)
Ampharos
Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar
Skarmory
Gyarados

If you think I can make any changes to make it better please tell me.;328;

shayminXIII

thypholison
ampharos
scizor
ursaring
ummm thats it so far no idea's on the others trying to kep it all joto because thats my fave region

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
Feraligator
Crobat
Ampharos
Alakazam
Tyranitar
Snorlax

Last edited:

terminoob

The Underdog
Teddiursa (Nickname will depend on gender, "Honey" if girl, "Pooh" if boy)
Raichu (Nicknamed "Volt")
Umbreon (Nicknamed "Shade")
Nidoking (Nicknamed "Don" *ba da ch*)
Furret (Nicknamed "Jumper")
Tyranitar (Nicknamed "Impendeo" [Latin for "Menacing"])

Edits to my team... I dislike Ursaring, which is why I'm not having Teddiursa evolve.

SketchFox7

My Team has changed a bunch, lol

HEARTGOLD:
Typhlosion(Blaze)- Starter
Crobat(Inner Focus)- Caught as Zubat
Togekiss(Serene Grace)- Togepi In-game Egg
Kingdra(Sniper)- Egg traded from Platinum
Espeon(Synchronize)- Eevee Bill gives me
Tyranitar(Sand Stream)- Larvitar caught in Safari Zone

After E4 (VGC '10 Team most likely):
Charizard(Blaze)- Flamethrower, Fly, Earthquake, ThunderPunch
Kingdra(Sniper)- Surf, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Razor Wind
Tyranitar(Sand Stream)- Stone Edge, Earthquake, Crunch, Aerial Ace
Metagross(Clear Body)- Meteor Mash, Psychic, Magnet Rise, Earthquake
Lucario(Inner Focus)- Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Water Pulse, Psychic
Garchomp(Sand Veil)- Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Sandstorm, Flamethrower

REAL DADS

Shampoo Thief
lol im jumping in late but heres the pokemon i want

Feraligatr
Sunflora ;192;
Ampharos
Ho-oh
And i'm not sure about the rest...

edit: oops sorry for reposting Dx im new at this lol

2Percent-Miltank

.::dreamwalker::.
Nothing is set in stone for me right now, but here's an idea I'm fond of:

Typhlosion OR Bayleef
Pidgeot
Arcanine (even if I choose Cyndaquil)
Flaaffy
Arbok
Quagsire OR Slowbro OR Lapras

I know, not the most balanced team, but I really don't care. I am strictly going to be using only the Pokemon I like, regardless of whether another type would be better, or if I already have a Pokemon of that element. I don't play competitively anyways, so there. ;P