• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

Jedimon

In FireRed I painstakingly raised a Dratini to a Dragonite before the E4 cause I wanted to use one. That was a godawful process that ended with little benefit cause most of the E4 was taken down by Blastoise, Flareon, and Alakazam with little help from Dragonite. His one moment of glory/shame was my brain fart where I decided it would be a good idea to sent him out against Lorelei. Upon pushing the button to send him out, my brain rebooted and I went "O **** he's Dragon/Flying and I just put him out against an Ice type."

Also, since I used him in FR he wouldn't be eligible for me to use again until 5th gen since I have a 2 gen rule about using different Pokés.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I've changed my team a little and i'm not following the team i had exactly in my copy of silver anymore, here are the few changes.

Team finalisation:

Cyndaquil (Starter Pokemon) - Typhlosion
Totodile (Trading from Platinum) - Feraligatr
Chikorita (Trading from Platinum) - Meganium
Mareep (catching as normal) - Ampharos
Hoot hoot (Catching as normal) - Noctowl (may replace with Lugia<3 later)
Teddiursa (Trading from Platinum) - Ursaring

hitoshura0

The problem with Extremespeed Dratini is that you get it too late in the game. By the time you get to Blackthorn, you already have your core team pretty much. Now I'm no speed runner, but I don't particularly enjoy training for the Elite Four any more than I have to, and bringing a level 15 Dratini up to speed is really the last thing I need to worry about at this stage in the game.

True, you do get him really late, but I was willing to raise a Larvitar for Red in Gold, and I did start training a Dratini for an Elite 4 run at about the same time in Gold as well, so I'm not too worried about it. I do see your point though and why he would be troublesome to raise for an in game team.

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
I'm currently breeding the Pokemon I will use, so that once I get my game I can trade over the eggs to Heart Gold and have my entire team ready to use from the beginning. These are the Pokemon I'm certain of using:
;154; Supporter and physical attacker
;059; Physical attacker
;230; Special attacker with Surf (and one of my two favorite Pokemon)
;135; Special attacker
;468; Special attacker with Fly (my other favorite Pokemon along with Kingdra)

I need you all to help me chose the last Pokemon to go on my team. Select which Pokemon would be more "FUN" to use:
;212; I've always loved Scizor, but would he make the game boring by being too powerful? Is he broken or not?
;214; Heracross would be okay, but he doesn't get any Bug moves until late in the game. He doesn't even learn X-Scissor by TM! Is he more fun to use than Scizor?

If you want a challange choose heracross because it takes forever to raise but with scizor youll have a good time raising. Only thing is if you want a unique team then choose heracross

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
Meganium ;154;
Honchkrow ;430;
Clefable ;036;
Donphan ;232;
Kingdra ;230;
Grumpig ;326;

very impressive team except replace grumpig with espeon or gengar. Otherwise one of the best teams I've seen so far

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
I think these will be the 6 I go with, until I reach Kanto and trade in a few pokemon from Platinum.

;154; Meganium

;062; Poliwrath

;126; Magmar

;248; Tyranitar (I think useing this guy might be a little ott though)

;169; Crobat

;181; Ampharos

I would use Ursaring, if it wasnt for the fact you get it so late in the game =(.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
I'm thinking that I might just replace my Electrode with a Manectric from Hoenn, or just catch Raikou instead. Problem: Raikou is a legend and that'll be two Hoenn Pokemon if I use Manectric.

But Raichu, Jolteon, and Ampharos are dumb and out of the question, and Lanturn shares a Warer type with Feraligatr. I was going to use Magnezone, but Skarmory is Steel-typed.

Suggestions?

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
I think these will be the 6 I go with, until I reach Kanto and trade in a few pokemon from Platinum.

;154; Meganium

;062; Poliwrath

;126; Magmar

;248; Tyranitar (I think useing this guy might be a little ott though)

;169; Crobat

;181; Ampharos

I would use Ursaring, if it wasnt for the fact you get it so late in the game =(.
just trade over a teddursa egg from platinum

Last edited:
Typhlosion
Quasgire
Heracross
Sudowoodo
Miltank
Togekiss

What do you guys think? Some of my favorite Johto pokemon, plus some strong ones like Miltank and Heracross. The last member to be caught will be Miltank after the 4th gym, so it's all good.

DSRGBA

I notice a lot of people using heracross and a few have mentioned it being hard to raise and needing much experience.
So would it be easier if I traded it and then back again to get boosted exp?
Would it still be difficult?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
'Fraid so, buddy. You're still the OT.

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
I notice a lot of people using heracross and a few have mentioned it being hard to raise and needing much experience.

it would help a bit I guess but, would it obey you?

waterspirrit

Feraligator
Noctowl
Ampharos
Ninetales
mamoswine
That is all my team for now if have suggestions then you can tell but make sure you can catch them in Soulsilver and I am not getting rid of Feraligator.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes

it will only get boosted in the other game, if your the OT to a pokemon it wont get boosted exp if you trade it to another game and then trade it back. on the other hand if you trained it up on platinum it would still obey you your HG/SS not matter what level it is as long as your the OT

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
I need an opinion if i should switch gyrados with kingdra? I've never trained one so idk

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Well, if you can get a Dragon Scale, Kingdra's vastly superior in terms of type. But unless you're willing to trade for one or wait until way late in the game, either stick with Gyarados or put up with Seadra, who is essentially Kingdra with weaker Attack and Defense and no Dragon-type to back it up.

Oh, my mistake. You can find one in Mt. Mortar, apparently. I assume you need Waterfall for it, though? If that's all, then I just might decide to train up a Kingdra myself.