• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

chiper12

Artsy Smeargle
Not entirely sure just yet. Though I'm very sure smeargle will be on my team as a sweeper or special sweeper. IF I can get his moves perfected.

ForteAnly

I think this is my final change in HG team. I changed my ursaring for a Shiny Raichu. For SS I'm going to use

Typhlosion
Venusaur
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Ursaring (changed from my Shiny Raichu)
Kingdra

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
Planning a team ruins the experience and surprise value. Only plan I have is getting a shiny starter.. from then.. i'll get whatever.. whenever.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Welp, I've decided to replace my Electrode with a Magmar.

This leaves me with:

Fearligatr "Octop": Starter, used in Gold
Golem "Rockawn": First Pokemon caught, used in variety of games
Exploud "Hannity": Egged from Platinum, used for a bit of a Ruby playthrough
Exeggutor "Delink (as in Delinquent, as in egging people's houses)": Headbutted in National Park, never used before,
Magmortar "Burst": Caught in Burnt Tower/Pokewalker, used in Platinum
Skarmory "Quibber (actually derived from "Beta", the Greek version of B and "Quinze", the French word for fifteen, but it looks good in the end anyway)": Caught at Route 45, used in Ruby

SkyeHawc

Everyone's Rival
Probably be something along these lines...

Feraligatr
Umbreon
Pidgeot
Forretress
Ampharos
Kingdra

I dunno though. It may change. Can never be too sure.

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
Is shiny Raichu worth switching out for magneton? Or should I go with ampharos? Stay with magneton? Opinions please

poke'master

so far i'm thinking
-Ferligator
-Ampheros
-Magmortar
-Skarmory
-Scizor
-Gallade
-Scizor

I think this is going to be it. who knows what'll happen when I start playing

poke'master

Is shiny Raichu worth switching out for magneton? Or should I go with ampharos? Stay with magneton? Opinions please

Personally i'd go with Ampheros.. But they all have theirs strong points. Magnaton is immune to ground attacks which helps and cant be hurt by like normal/flying attacks because of his metal.

Raichu is good but I prefer Ampheros of the two. Thats just opinion though.

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
Personally i'd go with Ampheros.. But they all have theirs strong points. Magnaton is immune to ground attacks which helps and cant be hurt by like normal/flying attacks because of his metal.

Raichu is good but I prefer Ampheros of the two. Thats just opinion though.

Um... Magneton is not at all immune to Ground. Its possible abilities are Magnet Pull and Sturdy, not Levitate.

Last edited:

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Comments in Bold

EDIT: Rank up, weird how I am only in the Johto ranks as I have been on these forums for a long time (2005) and also weird how I am entering johto just as HGSS are about to come out. :)

Thanks a lot for the response.
I could always trade a phanpy over from platinum, but gengar would be less of a hassle to use.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Magnaton is immune to ground attacks which helps and cant be hurt by like normal/flying attacks because of his metal.

NNO!

Magneton is not immune to Ground-type moves, despite the fact that it levitates, nor are Normal and Flying attacks ineffective. Granted, they're not very effective, but they're not ineffective. Now why don't you go brush up on your abilities and type chart and leave the discussion to people who know what they're talking about?

NOTE: This reply was penned before PkMnPwNs1991's post went through.

Last edited:

poke'master

Oh is it not? Sorry then haha, always assumed it was.

@Darth Osiris relax mate people make mistakes lol. Also I never meant that normal/flying attacks were ineffective. Just they don't hurt him so bad. I worded it poor i'll give you that.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
And it's poor word choice that makes you appear stupid. That's the beauty of an Internet forum; you have all the time in the world to pen a reply. That way, you don't seem impulsive and noobish.

Zera

lolforumz.
i'm going to be using an entirely shiny team[i hope] with 4 of them being pkmn that i radard in platinum, and one being from my fire red.

shinx
charmander
budew
ralts[gallade]
eevee[umbreon]

i cloned my charmander that i SR'd for in fire red 4 yrs ago, so i can have him from the begining of all my games. im usually against cloning, but seeing as how i dont trade him, im allowing it in this case xD

my last slot is for either a shiny hoothoot, or lugia, i havent decided yet.

RuinsofPoli

Goodbye... DP
Probably the team in my Sig. Not sure about the Starter really yet though, I don't really want to go with Cyndaquil because hes too common. So its between Chikorita and Totodile, Suggestions?

Politoed trainer

Dasutodasu Trainer
Heartgold

Starter- can't really choose they're all interesting though meganium reall sucks in my opinion

Tyranitar- I love these guys one of my favorites, also powerful probably end up as my strongest

Politoed- The strongest water type gotta love that frog, and will destroy Lances drogonite

Xatu- Gotta have a flying bird and he's my favorite choice out of all the in-game flyers

Scizor- Powerful one of my favorites, and false swipe will be really helpful in catching all those rare, legends, all that good stuff

Amphoros- Gonna need a powerful pokemon in the beggining to help starter, other than poliwag own the first two gyms, then i can get scizor, after morty I'll be able to get natu larvitar will be a challenfe

SoulSilver

Starter- see heartgold

Houndoom- strong catchable cool

crobat- cool flyer

other stuff

For SS: Typhlosion, Suicune, Scizor, Espeon, Tyranitar, Gengar.

For HG:
Feraligatr, Houndoom, Kingdra, Espeon Tyranitar, Scizor.

I am also going to train Lugia, Ho-oh, Charizard, Dragonite, Red Gyarados, Entei, Raikou, Ampharos, Umbreon, Articuno, Moltress, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Noctowl,
Politoed, and many more. There are so many great pokemon from the 1st and 2nd gens that I can't wait.