• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
@politoed trainer: Meganium doesn't suck its a defensive pokemon not offensive and its hard to use in game which is a good thing

Dremare

Ahem:

For HG:

Oddish
Mareep
Wooper
Spinarak
Murkrow
???

^^Suggestions please?
No, I am probably not going to evolve any of them.

SS:

Slowbro
Slowking
???
???
???
???
Again, suggestions?

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Ahem:

For HG:

Oddish
Mareep
Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr
Spinarak
Murkrow
Lanturn

^^Suggestions please?
No, I am probably not going to evolve any of them.Even though you should otherwise you will get completely owned.

SS:

Slowbro
Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr
Dragonite
Ursaring
Donphan
Skarmory

Again, suggestions?

Suggestions in bold

rocky505

I've decided on my team now.

Typhlosion
Politoed
Bellossom
Tauros
Crobat
Shiny Raichu (PCP)

Shy Guy

Since I'm only getting SS, only one team will be there. Typhlosion and Magneton are the strongest pokemon I had in Crystal(Until it broke) so they will be there in SS. The natures are something I'm aiming to get right or close to, SR might be used for Typhlosion :p Some moves I will get using help from Platinum.

Typhlosion: Hasty/Naive Nature
Flamethrower
Eruption
Thunderpunch
Earthquake(?)

Magneton: Modest/Timid Nature | Magnet Pull

Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Signal Beam
Thunderwave/Tri Attack

Gengar: Timid Nature

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis/Explosion(?)

Yanmega: Modest Nature | Speed Boost

Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Hypnosis
U-Turn/Shadow Ball

Mamoswine(?): Adamant/Jolly nature | Snow Cloak

Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Fang/Superpower

Gyrados(?)

If there is anything that can be changed to be better please tell me, I dropped out all the stat-boosting, status-inducing and the likes of Spikes, Stealth Rock, etc. because they have very little or no use during in-game play.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
^how do stat-boosting and status inducing moves have no use in game play. Why do so many people insist on putting thunder punch and earthquake on Typhlosion HE IS SPECIAL BASED AND HIS ATTACK SUCKS. sorry had to rant there

Shy Guy

^how do stat-boosting and status inducing moves have no use in game play. Why do so many people insist on putting thunder punch and earthquake on Typhlosion HE IS SPECIAL BASED AND HIS ATTACK SUCKS. sorry had to rant there

Stat-Boosting and Status Inducing Moves are VERY useful and probably vital for Competitive Play/Game, but for in-game progression they aren't nearly as good.

Thunderpunch and EQ are there to help Type-Coverage, as Typhlosion's special movepool is fairly limited, and a base 84 Attack isn't exactly low, not the best but still usable imo. Maybe I'll drop EQ in favour in Focus Blast but other than that Extrasensory might work but I'll have to breed or use the Action Replay to get that, and I don't like using the Action Replay to get egg-moves, only move tutor moves and TMs.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
yeah they are status inducing and stat boosting own in game because you can easily set up because the meta game never really switches so its easy to sweep. also with typhlosion may want to consider HP grass.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Dragonite
Umbreon
Heracross
Tyranitar

Firebrand

Indomitable
Let's see...
Typhlosion
Swampert
Lucario
Absol
Entei
Garchomp/Tyranitar
Darkrai/Lugia

Coreracer15

Master of the Sea
Alright....heres mine:
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Kingdra
Togekiss
Mamoswine
Miltank
I'm deciding on possibly getting a totodile/chikorita in there also....but i like how it is so far. :D

gtab x3

Imma gonna go with

Meganium - To challenge myself, and since I would need a grass pokemon
Crobat - Cuz it is Awesome!
Lanturn - My favourite water pokemon in the 2nd generation
Arcanine - One of my favourite Pokemon
Lickilicky - Also one of my faves
Mamoswine/Weavile/Espeon/Nidoking/Ampharos - Unsure yet

chiper12

Artsy Smeargle

Because he can be breeded to do what ever you really want him to do? And because they can?..

Last edited:

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
Imma gonna go with

Meganium - To challenge myself, and since I would need a grass pokemon
Crobat - Cuz it is Awesome!
Lanturn - My favourite water pokemon in the 2nd generation
Arcanine - One of my favourite Pokemon
Lickilicky - Also one of my faves
Mamoswine/Weavile/Espeon/Nidoking/Ampharos - Unsure yet
G0 with weavile or mamoswine! no team is complete without a dragon slayer. nice unique team

Tadpolamplexus

Well i'm thinking
Feraliatr
Mismagius
Fearow

and I'm between typhlosion and magnezone...If i choose typhlosion i will just trade over the quilava and train it, but if i do magnezone i'll have to evolve it in my platinum before trading it, making it reealy over leveled...ah well

tharjaandme

Trash Mainer
1. Shiny Glaceon
2. Vulpix
3. Haunter
4. Jirachi (maybe)/Ho-oh
5. Notch-eared Pichu (maybe)/Ho-oh
6. Furret (HM slave)

It'll basically be an in-game team with pure Pokemon that I enjoy. I couldn't ask for more.

tharjaandme

Trash Mainer
1. Shiny Glaceon
2. Vulpix
3. Haunter
4. Jirachi (maybe)/Ho-oh
5. Notch-eared Pichu (maybe)/Ho-oh
6. Furret (HM slave)

It'll basically be an in-game team with pure Pokemon that I enjoy. I couldn't ask for more

Draken

Meganium or Typhlosion
Togekiss
Magnezone
Gyarados
Claydol

I am thinking of a 6th one.

DSRGBA

Well i'm thinking
Feraliatr
Mismagius
Fearow

and I'm between typhlosion and magnezone...If i choose typhlosion i will just trade over the quilava and train it, but if i do magnezone i'll have to evolve it in my platinum before trading it, making it reealy over leveled...ah well

Just raise a magnemite in HG/SS and trade then evolve your magneton to platinum once it its ready.

Migi24

Dragonite;149;
Togekiss;468;
Typhlosion;157;
Starmie;121;
Ampharos;181;
Machamp;068;

Please tell me what you guys think. Thanks.

Last edited: