• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

HoennMaster

Ok so my SoulSilver team is set except for my Water-Type. Should I use Gyarados, Politoed, or Kingdra?

Man I still can't decide. I just keep changing my mind, but I want to have all Johto pokemon.
I'm thinking I will go with: Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Umbreon, Espeon, and Sudowoodo.

Last edited:

Felmarg

I think for Soul Silver I'll use:
Feraligatr
Heracross
Magmar
Xatu
Tauros
Electabuzz

For Heart Gold I will use:

Typhlosion
Ariados
Lanturn
Skarmory
Espeon
Stantler

Seem good?

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I have almost come to a decision, but am still wondering whether to have a rotating team.....

Feraligator
Xatu or Murkrow
Scizor
Magmar (possibly)
Hitmontop (traded shiny from Diamond)
Electabuzz

Then if I decide to rotate:
Milktank
Houndoom

But then I could train a Piloswine.... or a Mantine.... or a Midreaveus.. perhaps a Lanturn... so many to choose from! :(

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Seeing as how Pokemon Gold was my favorite video game EVER, I will be making a tribute to my old game and NOT find good natures/stat values. I plan on using only my favorite or classic Pokemon from the first two generations. So far, I'm thinking it will be:

Feraligatr: was my first ever starter Pokemon on Gold version
Butterfree
Raichu
Dragonite
Togetic -> Togekiss
Final Slot: Tauros/Arcanine

I'm really having trouble with the final slot... Such a hard decision!

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
Happy march 14 th! Wooohooo

Shy Guy

I need a bit of help with my Yanmega and Machamp movesets, I need suggestions.

Yanmega: Speed Boost

Bug Buzz
Airslash
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball/Giga Drain(For beating Rock type pockemon?) and I have no Grass Types in my planned Team.

Machamp: No Guard

Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Ice Punch/Fire Punch

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So far I'm going to use:

Typhlosion
Ampharos

I'm stuck with the rest though. I've never played in Johto, so I don't know the locations well.

JD

Okay I'm about to get my HG how does this team look?
Feraligatr
Arcanine
Espeon
Ampharos
Crobat
Ambipom or Heracross
So does it look good should I use Ambipom or Heracross?

Female Steelix

A Female Steelix
Should I use a Venomoth or Pinsir? Venomoth's Sleep Powder would work well for catching legendaries but Pinsir has the fighting attacks my team is missing....

Spire

soiya
- Typhlosion / Feraligatr
- Ampharos
- Gyarados (Blue) / Arcanine
- Victreebel
- Espeon
- Togekiss

It's honestly going to come down to a coin flip for the starter. Feraligatr might have a really good level-up movepool, but Typhlosion is Typhlosion.

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
So , i am getting SS , and seeing me and my friends are going to try balance out our teams , i am taking the grass starter , do you know any way i can build a versatile team around this that will get me through the first few gyms

UltraCan

Well, I am not really sure but It will be like this:

-Swampert
-Latias
-Meganium
-Typhlosion

I usually build my team from different games. My Swampert and Latias are from Sapphire, Meganium is from Colosseum and Typhlosion will be my Johto Starter. I will fill the 2 gaps with pokemon that I find while playing the game. If I cant find a pokemon that I really like, then I will fill in the gaps with pokemon from Generation 5. :)

DragonaN

So, I'm thinking of just using a fun in-game team that I think would be really cool to see follow me. That being said I don't really have ideas for a 6th Pokemon at the moment. Here is the team so far;
- Dragonite
- Salamence
- Magmortar
- Feraligatr
- Lucario
- ???

I was thinking of maybe using Gliscor... but I'm really on the fence about it. I'm actually open to any suggestions anyone might have about the team in general, and yes, as you can tell, I love my dragons. Maybe I'll make the 6th a Garchomp haha.

P.S.--
Wooooo go first post :D