• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

labarith

I'm starting to think of a final team. I haven't bea the game yet but I will pretty soon.
So how sick does this team sound?
Sceptile
tyranitar
blastoise
raikou
scizor
staraptor/flygon I need suggestions preferably somthing that can fly.

Please comment.
I would strongly suggest a bagon (Salamence) for your flyer (PM me, I think I have 2 extra left...). Does your Scizor have Technician? If not, definately trade for one w/ Technician (I should have a couple Scyther left - I can check their ability if you want). Other than that, your team sounds pretty good. But you should really have someone w/ pickup... :p Aipom seems like a good option...

labarith

Do i NEED a fire type you think?
You NEED a fire type, yes.

I would suggest a Charmander (and yes, PM me if you want, I have several for trade from the GTS).

labarith

i need a really good powerhouse who can i add?
Dragon types are good. Bagon (for Salamence) is a good choice, Dratini would work too. I have 2 extra Bagon if you want one (PM me).

Danitsku

haha. thank yoo labarith, i love torterra, he was my starter in diamond nd platinum, but im looking fer more of a 1st to second gen grass pokee. not victreebel, he wouldnt fit with how i have my team and how i want it, not exeggutor either. >.> thank you tho, but...any other ideas?

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
This may be my final team on Sousilver but two may be subject to change. My teams change a lot.

Feraligatr
Steelix
Ampharos - might change later on
Pidgeot
Nidoking

The last one is going to be a Fire type but I don't know which one. Suggest them in Vistor Message.

Birds

I don't know how many times I've posted here, but it's been a hell of a lot. Just goes to show how quickly I change my mind.
So originally the team I was content with was this one:
Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Porygon-Z
Scizor
Togekiss
HOWEVER I suddenly became OCD about having all three starters in my team. I don't know why. It just made me feel uncomfortable.. like I was cheating or something. Crazyyyy. So I replaced:
Meganium ---> Grovyle (I just really like this Pokemon for some reason)
Typlosion ---> Ninetales (I like Ninetales' elegance more than Arcanine, but I'm still not sure)
I just really really really need to know:
Should I keep all three starters?
If no, which starter should I keep?
What should I replace the other two with?
REPLY BEFORE I GO CRAZY ;_;

labarith

haha. thank yoo labarith, i love torterra, he was my starter in diamond nd platinum, but im looking fer more of a 1st to second gen grass pokee. not victreebel, he wouldnt fit with how i have my team and how i want it, not exeggutor either. >.> thank you tho, but...any other ideas?
I'm hesitant to suggest Chicorita, as her attack and special attack are weak. I prefer 1 hit kills, and she just never does it. She can take a beating, and can bleed your opponent dry, but when all is said and done, I like doing in 1 turn what she does in 5. Time is money. :p

Venosaur is an option, but I don't know how good it is. [Note: I actually have several relatively superior Bulbasaur from the GTS I could trade to you, I have also EV trained one but haven't leveled it up yet that you can't have.]

All things being equal, if you want to steer clear of the starters (Not sure why you would), the obvious choice - if available - is Shaymin. Leafeon's pretty decent, too, but he doesn't learn Leaf Blade (his "final move" for all intents and purposes) until level 70-something. Gallade learns it too, which is a pretty sweet off-character move.

Re: Shayman: Seed Flare's clearly better than Leaf Blade, but you can IV breed someone w/ seedflare, and have to luck into a good shayman...

Last edited:

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
I want to have a team of all water pokemon. While to some that may seem like a bad idea, but I don't give a hoot.

Already I have planned to have Gyarados, Vaporeon, Swampert, and Kingdra planned for this team. Gyarados because of how good of a battler it is plus being a flying type gives it an advantage against grass pokemon. Vaporeon because it too is a good battler and has good defensive capabilities. Swampert for the means of having an advantage against electric pokemon. And Kingdra because of the fact that it's a dragon type makes it so that it has very few weaknesses.

I'm still deciding on what my last two pokemon will be. I'm not sure if I should have Blastoise, Feraligatr, or a few other pokemon in this team, but maybe I'll make switches every now and then. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else.

labarith

I want to have a team of all water pokemon. While to some that may seem like a bad idea, but I don't give a hoot.

Already I have planned to have Gyarados, Vaporeon, Swampert, and Kingdra planned for this team. Gyarados because of how good of a battler it is plus being a flying type gives it an advantage against grass pokemon. Vaporeon because it too is a good battler and has good defensive capabilities. Swampert for the means of having an advantage against electric pokemon. And Kingdra because of the fact that it's a dragon type makes it so that it has very few weaknesses.

I'm still deciding on what my last two pokemon will be. I'm not sure if I should have Blastoise, Feraligatr, or a few other pokemon in this team, but maybe I'll make switches every now and then. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else.
Let me suggest the following:
1. Starmie (Psychic/Water) - can learn Thunderbolt, VERY tough.
2. Lapras (Ice/Water) - Slow, but can learn Thunderbolt AND Icebeam. Make sure to get one w/ Water-Absorb - makes 2 on 2 battles much better when your other guy has Surf!
3. Kygore - clearly the rainmaking is nice, but he's just a solid guy.
4. Squirtle. Normal Squirtle are good, but PM me as I bred a bunch of relatively superior squirtle w/ Water Spout (THE best 1 on 1 water move). [I also bred several relatively superior Horsea if you want].

happyfeet

hungry hippo
my team at the minute is:

Quilava
Kingler
Ampharos (could be changed if i get a pika w/surf or fly)

then i want to get an Umbreon (had an Espeon in platinum), Hitmonchan, Mamoswine, Tyranitar, Dragonite, or even a good grass type like Tangrowth.
Any suggestions on what would work?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So far my Kanto team will consist of Cyndaquil, Dragonite, Honchkrow, Vigroth, & Tangela. I just need help deciding which of these 3 I should use for my Water type:
  • ;007;
  • ;008;
  • ;009;

Anyone got any suggestions?

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I've already beat the game, but I just want to post what I used:

;160;;248;;181;;071;;468;;196;

I would suggest any of these pokemon, their all great!

Charmander11

All Region Champ
Well, I've been EVing a team I made after i beat Red:
Charizard LV. 100
Modest Sp att 344

Glaceon LV. 100
Quiet Sp att 380

Mewtwo LV. 100
Quiet Sp att 421

Blissey LV. 43
Neutral Nature HP

Dragonair LV. 31
Adamant nature attack 94

Kyogre LV. 50
Docile nature Sp defense 117 and sp att 159 {Kinda bad, but thats what calciums are for :)}

hitmonjac

Fighting Master
Right now I'm grinding before the E4. Here is my party

Feraligatr LVL 51
Hitmonchan LVL 39
Swinub LVL 22 (getting trained)
Raichu LVL 26 (getting trained)
Scyther LVL 41

I am also trying to figure out who to put in for my 6th member. I have Charmeleon and Dratini that I'm debating. Any other suggestions?

-GameMaster-

→Symbol Ω Hunter←
I'm thinking about using:
-Metagross
-Blissey
-Milotic
-Starmie
-Typholosion
-Slaking (Filler)

Most of the Pokemon are from my Emerald game, and after using them for over 500 hours, I just can't leave them.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
This is what I had when I battled the Elite Four:

Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Ampharos
Heracross
Alakazam
Gyarados

Pretty standard GSC/HGSS team.

smartie

I have a pretty standard team too, but some poke's are really original, in my opinion.

-Typhlosion
-Ampharos
-Poliwrath
-Heracross
-Noctowl

That will be my final team, kinda sucks to have no grass poke's, but I don't know which one to use :( .

Ive just beat Clair and my team is as follows;
Typhlosion Lv 43
Gengar Lv 43
Lapras Lv 43
Raikou Lv 43
Dratini (Process of being trained) Lv 15

All I need now is to catch a Larvitar and evolve it and im all set.

labarith

Right now I'm grinding before the E4. Here is my party

Feraligatr LVL 51
Hitmonchan LVL 39
Swinub LVL 22 (getting trained)
Raichu LVL 26 (getting trained)
Scyther LVL 41

I am also trying to figure out who to put in for my 6th member. I have Charmeleon and Dratini that I'm debating. Any other suggestions?
I would suggest a Lapras with Water Absorb. Besides the obvious bonus w/ a Surfing Feraligator or Pikachu, the guy is a TANK with an ice move - necessary against a certain dragon trainer. Feraligator and Swinub might seal the deal for you in this regard, but I have my doubts about Swinub - no offense. Besides, Lapras can learn Thunderbolt too, making him a water guy with an ice move for dragons and plants, thunderbolt for flying and water, and water moves for anything that needs a surf up their %&$.

Quick Question: Where is your flyer? I can't imagine a team w/o someone with fly, which makes me think you should just go for a charizard.