• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

iDeath

Live2Play<>Play2Live
Been breeding my team on platinum to prepare for my first go throughon HG:

Chikorita
Larvitar
Togepi
Mudkip
Growlithe
Skarmory

with in and out:

Sentret (HM Slave)
Fearow

Last edited:

Janna

stay sweet
I have a little problem about the nature of my future Leafeon. Currently, I've got two female Eevees that I can't decide between:

Impish, scatters things often
Adamant, often dozes off

Opinions? Impish decreases a stat Leafeon doesn't need, sp. attack, and boosts its defense, which is already insanely high (130). Adamant increases the attack though, which is something I need too since her attack is 110 while defense is 130....

EDIT: Nevermind, decided I wanted the Adamant one. New question though...

Which moveset for Leafeon?

1) Sword's Dance, Leaf Blade, Return, Bite
2) Sword's Dance, Leaf Blade, Return, X-Scissor
3) Sword's Dance, Leaf Blade, Return, Aerial Ace

I can't decide... x.x

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Well, SoulSilver is a go! So far, my team's looking kind of like this:

Typhlosion
Fearow
Kingdra (Thank you, Winner's Path, for letting me realize my dream of using a Kingdra!)

Here's what else I'm kicking around:
Vaporeon
Magneton

I'm trying to decide between Gengar and Alakazam. Gengar's great for Mean Look, but its moveset doesn't lend itself to training. I suppose I could let it sit in the Day Care and gain levels, but I want Shadow Ball to go to Vaporeon, and Gastly doesn't learn it naturally until level 29, whereas I can easily Day Care Abra to level 15 and level it up again so it evolves and learns Confusion.

Also, is Vaporeon redundant with Kingdra in the mix? I don't think so, since Dragon negates Water's only two weaknesses, and I want another Water-type so Surf and Waterfall don't create clutter in Kingdra's moveset. I only just started SS today, so I can wait until I get to Goldenrod to decide, but until then, your opinions matter.

ams2k

When i get both of them im planing on two teams:
HG
Typlhosion
Gyrados
Eggecutor
Skarmory
Tyranitar
Hitmonchan
SS
Feraligator
Arcanine
Magneton (magnazone if there is 4th gen before E4)
Ampharos
Nidoking
Pidgeot

I had this team in the last G,S,C games and I plan to use them again

Last edited:

tom_tom

Dunsparce
Togekiss FTW!!!!!!

Marco D Ishtar

Dragon Trainer
Well my team look like this ATM:
Charizard
Flareon
Noctowl
Dragonair
Haunter
Ampharos

My Team will look something like this when i go to Kanto in HG:
Charizard
Tyrannitar
Metagross
Salamance
Dragonite
Flygon

Right now I am just about to fight Clair at Blackthorn Gym. My team now is:

Ferraligator- lvl 41
Golem- lvl 41
Alakazam- lvl 41
Skarmory- lvl 41

I also plan to have a machamp in there, but I am still trying to choose the last pokemon. I was thinking electric, but I don't won't to use an ampharos becuase I used on last time.... Maybe electrode, but the ones I caught sucked!

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So far, my team is:
Quilava
Spearow
Horsea
Heracross
Alakazam

I'm looking to add Vaporeon and Magnemite to the team. I was thinking Vaporeon to Surf and Kingdra to Waterfall, and Magneton to deal with the odd Gyarados. But that gives me seven Pokemon.

I'll probably evolve my Spearow and then just use it for Flying purposes. I mean, really, all Flying is good against is Grass, Bug, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic take care of those already. On the other hand, I'm concerned about doubling up on Water users, even though Kingdra's Dragon-type would negate both of Water's weaknesses.

So, assuming Quilava, Horsea, and Heracross stay, the second half of my team would end up one of several ways:
1. Alakazam, Fearow, and Vaporeon
2. Fearow, Vaporeon, and Magneton
3. Vaporeon, Magneton, and Alakazam
4. Magneton, Alakazam and Fearow

So, which setup should I use? Tell me via PM.

bobri28

Get your snacks
i am starting to think about my competitive team and i was thinking snorlax for a wall. what do you think of this moveset?
Curse
Rest
Sleep Talk
earthquake/double edge/toxic/crunch

Sushich3f

Munchlax Trainer
I just got my favorite pokemon (see sig. Also it is a flying Pikachu.) and use them as my team.

Last edited:

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
i am starting to think about my competitive team and i was thinking snorlax for a wall. what do you think of this moveset?
Curse
Rest
Sleep Talk
earthquake/double edge/toxic/crunch

id skip out on Sleep Talk.. It limits him so badly.

Curse
Rest
Body Slam
Crunch

malciouspit

well ive only decided on 4 of my 6.

typhlosion: 85
mewtwo:100
salamence:73
kyogre:69

not sure what i should pick for my last two... any ideas?

Evil Quagsire

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny
I've already run through most of Heart Gold with a pretty cool team led by a badass Typhlosion, and I just bought a copy of Soul Silver. Now, Soul Silver is going to be my special project game, where I actually figure out how to EV train, where Heart Gold is my PokeDex completion game. I'm having trouble deciding what to do for my Soul Silver team. I could just rush into it headlong and decide spur-of-the-moment, but I'm trying to be smarter about this.
I'm wondering which is better, Feraligatr, or Meganium?

Faerie

MONS
things you don't care about

My current (and very temporary--I have 7 badges as it stands) team:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Onix
Ampharos
Kingler
Togetic

The onix is going to evolve as soon as I get the chance to do so, obviously. The togetic isn't working out too well for me, so when I get the chance to revise this thing it's probably going to be the first to go. I'm looking at something part-Ghost to round out my team, ideally a froslass or spiritomb. Pidgeot's OK but there are a lot of better options I could choose from as far as flying-types go. A honchkrow would be a lot of fun, and if I got one I'd likely end up going with froslass for the ghost-type.

ForteAnly

Finished HG a couple of months ago and I haven't had a chance to buy Soul Silver yet but here's my final team for SS.

Typhlosion
Dragonite
Venusaur
Pidgeot
Steelix
Poliwrath

ramin112

Should I get Crobat to my team if I'm going to get Togetic? Since they are both party flying type. I'm going to teach Togetic Roost so it's flying type is gone. Tell me what you think.

Darkrai0203

Propaniac
All my pokemon aren't full evolved yet but this is what it's gonna be

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Steelix
Arbok
Starmie

I haven't fit in the 6th place. I'm thinking about Scissor or Skarmory since I have Silver

lethal Xsanity

Well When I got it I thought of this,
I Don't really like any of the starters evolutions..
So Whichever I picked, I'd keep it as it's starter form for aslong as possible.
I picked Cyndaquil,because I wan't Bellsprout to be my Grass Pokemon,and Slowpoke to be my water( and also Psychic )
My Bird Pokemon would be Hoothoot.
And the rest would play out.
So here's how I stand.
I have My Cyndaquil,Noctowl,Bellsprout(Who I'm Also deciding to evolve much later)
Togetic( I waited awhile for him to evolve ) and Slowpoke.
My Last Spot was Mareep, Who I evolved recently into Flaafy,which I really Like,BUT,
When I recieved the Spearow that I had to deliver..Well let's say I kept it,Because it was so strong and Evolved very fast into Fearow. :)
I'm Looking to catch a Pinsir at the Bug catching contest to be on my team somehow,Since I already have a Scyther on the way in My Fire Red :)
And I've never had A Pinsir.