• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Since I'm getting both games I'll need to make two teams so far this is what I've come up with.

Typhlosion
Noctowl
Ursaring
Lanturn
Scizor
Piloswine/Mamoswine

Meganium
Xatu
Houdoom
Tyranitar
Politoed
Ampharos

That's what I've got so far. Both give me a good type coverage and a large movepool. I may, however, have to mix and match between the two teams depending on which version has which exclusives and whether I'll be able to trade a few Eggs over from D/P/Pt in the beginning of the game to get a better starting team.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Cyndaquil Team - For HeartGold.

Tyhpholosion
Ampharoas - woot
Lapras/Azumarill
Mannoswine
Skarmory/Togekiss - depends on what i want.
Umbreon

Soul Silver

Maybe...

Megaium
Houdoom
Electivire/buzz
Azumarill/Quadsire
Skarmory/Dragonite/Murkrow or Honchrow
Espeon/Misdreavus

or Lanturn/Donphan or Tyanitar ?

or

Fergatr
Electivire
Flareon
Misdreavus/Mismagius
Lugia
Donphan

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I only ever use the generation exclusive pokemon with each new release, so my team will consist solely of second generation pokemon. There are a fair amount of Johto guys I'd like to train, preferably as early as possible, so hopefully they'll cut back on Kanto oversaturation this time around and pull in those who were, for whatever reason, left until late game to be up for grabs.

In particular, Weavile, Magcargo, Hounchkrow, Houndoom and Mismagius are the previous post league pokemon I have my eye on.

Dunsparce will be a DEFINATE team mate. There's no way I'm missing out on the chance to use that thing.

Xatu, Donphan and Granbull are some of the cooler Johto guys, the former being a little more difficult to come across, so they too will see some usage.

Luxray101

I will have my old Silver team:

Feraligatr
Typhlosion
Meganium
Ampharos
Granbull
Skarmory

encas

Come to me...
Okay, this plan is VERY tentative and assuming all the version exclusives stay the same too. As I'll sometimes see a cool Pokemon that I'll warm up to using and other times see one that I don't feel like playing with, this is just a conceptual list for my HeartGold.

Ariados (traded over as an egg from Diamond if possible for Baton Pass and Pursuit)
Umbreon (not much of an Eeveelution person, but an Umbreon in my Gold was one of my highest-leveled Pokemon when I was little)
Stantler (most likely out of the three; c'mon guys, he's cool!)/Wigglytuff (traded over as an egg from Diamond for Wish)/Granbull
Xatu (man, I planned on using this guy even when the remakes were still convincing speculation, and it looks like he's gonna be pretty popular for some reason)
Lanturn (most likely)/Corsola (less likely, but still a possibility)
Sudowoodo (not as likely as the others, but still very possible; I figured I needed a physical sweeper, as my Stantler will be mixed)

SmartD

Here's what I'm thinking:
Typhlosion-Starter
Ampharos
Crobat-Flyer
Gyarados (Or Red Gyarados if they keep it)-Surfer
Alakazam
Donphan

I'll revise this team when we have more information.

Lucario_Dragon

Considering I never had any 2nd gen games, Im not sure.
But on Pearl, my team was pwnage and my solo run Riolu on diamond is fun.
Ill probably do a solo run. Probably buizel/scyther. (i didnt get them because i didnt/dont think that the 2nd gen pokemon were/are good. Except for lugia.)

MasterBalls

I vaguely remember my first Gold team as;

Typhlosion
Espeon
Ho-Oh

... and that's all I actually remember. I do recall that me and my brother (sort of shared the game with him) totally freaked out when we got an Espeon, because we had no idea about happiness and thought like all other Pokemon he evolved at a certain level.

I'll probably throw in a Totodile that I'll force my brother to breed for me.

JD

MY Team

Meganium
Steelix
Politoed
Arcanine
Ampharos
Crobat
My Team looks prety good I would pick xatu but that thing scares me I dont know why its just weird crobat is much better

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Team for HG/SS... I'm hoping to be able to rebuild my Crystal mono-type team. It'd go like this:

Snap; Male Feraligatr
Amph; Female Poliwrath
Jolt;Male Lanturn
???; Male Slowbro
???; Female Quagsire

Gotta remember those last two's names...

Ultima0071

Pokemon Collector
typhlosion
golem
arcanine
wiglytuff
lugia
suicune(will trade my suicune from platinum since the national pokedex should be updated considering its a Ds game)

You could catch Suicune in Gold/Silver

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
I would go with my original Crystal team (;160;;182;;135;;059;;208; and something else I can't remember) because I don't remember my original Silver team, but I would rather use only Johto Pokemon for this.

I know I'll start with Totodile and keep Feraligatr as an in-game team member. Otherwise, not too sure yet. I'm thinking:
;160;
;178;
;232;
;192;
;214;
;229; or ;461; (depending on how they do the Johto-dex)

But I'm also considering ;181;, ;208;, and ;185;. It might end up just being me catching and training whatever I find and picking the ones I like most out of those.

My original team

Feraligatr
Houndoom
Skarmory
Tyranitar
Sneasel
Sunflora

and my new team

Feraligatr
Ninetales
Espeon
Steelix
Misdreavus
Ampharos

I might throw a Typhlosion in somewhere along with a Crobat, but this is the basic idea for the moment.

ap13095

Noobslayer
I think I'll get HeartGold, just because all the n00by little kids love Lugia just because it was in a movie. Besides, Ho-Oh is awesome.

My team itself will be as follows:

Feraligatr - It finally gets the kick-*** physical movepool it wanted back in GSC.
Arcanine - It's simply too awesome to pass up. Besides, I've always wanted to do a playthrough with him.
Rhyperior - Can you say pwnage?
Honchkrow - I've always preferred Staraptor more, but with him out of the way (possibly), Honchkrow is the best of the birds that are likely to be in the game.
Luxray - I don't know of any other good Johto Pokémon I like, so I'm bringing him over. And I'll also bring...
Torterra - the king of awesome.

I would have liked Leafeon, but it learns Leaf Blade too late. And I don't see me going for Seed Bomb in Pt instead. I don't know, Scizor seems interesting as well.

Syu

PokeManiac
Im gonna go with

Typhlosion
Sunflora
Slowking
Honchkrow(if possible)/Skarmory
Amparos
Heracross/Porygon-Z(if possible)

or

Feraligatr
Sunflora
Houndoom
Honchkrow/Skarmory
Amparos
Heracross/Porygon-Z

Java-wolf

Supports Buizel&Ash
Johto:

Kingdra ;116;>;117;>;230;
Hydro Pump, Brine/(Whirlpool?), Dragon Pulse/(Draco Meteor?), Ice Beam
Ampharos;179;>;180;>;181;
Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Giga Impact/Focus Blast
Tyranitar ;246;>;247;>;248;
Earthquake, Stone Edge, Surf, Fire Blast/Blizzard
Quilava ;155;>;156;
Eruption, Flamethrower, Fireblast, Swift
Girafarig ;203;
Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Crunch, Irontail
Scizor ;egg;>;123;>;212;
Iron Head, X-Scissor, Flash Cannon, Bug Buzz

Kanto:

Scizor Flash Cannon > False Swipe
Quilava

;egg; Totodile
;egg; Teddiursa
;egg; Elekid/Pichu
;egg; Riolu

Yeah... Not the best strategically but that's my plan. XD

Killer Grunt

This is gonna be cool, i am also going to try training some new pokemon i think hmm...

Ok so far ive got

Noctowl
Lanturn
Magmar or Electabuzz if im lucky with the odd egg
Scyther or Pinsir
possibly Crobat
And finally whatever starter i choose.

Thats it for the moment but it will probably change.