• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

I'm too anal to decide yet 100% until I know because I get really obsessed with my team. Assuming the new 'dex is the same as the OLD Jhoto-dex, my team will likely revolve around tyrannitar, but I am definitely waiting to have a for-sure teamset in mind until I know what pokemon will b available. I bet new ones will be in the Jhoto-dex this time around, but I guess we'll see!

Kujo1229

*munch*
I'm just going to say for Gold:
Typhlosion
Golduck
Golem
Nidoking
Houndoom
Gyarados(if the shiney is still available)/Jolteon

I tend to go for powerhouses so this suits me. Though I'd have a glaring weakness against Water types. But maybe I'll have HP Grass somewhere.

This looks a lot like my Platinum team. XD

firelovindocker

i'll be using my old gold team
typlosion
tyranitar
heracross
umbreon
ho oh
red gyrados

Adz

Poke Knight
Ok, So my plan is to get both games! Since I had both in GEN II when they first came out. So here goes...

HG: Male Trainer

;157; Typhlosion
;171; Lanturn OR ;186; Politoed
;045; Vileplume
;197; Umbreon
;472; Gliscor
;212; Scizor

Ss: Female Trainer http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww181/Adz_04/Soul-1.jpg
;160; Feraligatr
;229; Houndoom
;182; Bellossom
;196; Espeon
;424; Ambipom
;166; Ledian

Last edited:

cocoa_adele

i will have typhlosion, noctowl, houndoom, ampharos, heracross and... vaporean maybe

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Well, I thought about it some more.

Meganium, Miltank, and..
If the Odd Egg exists, whatever's in it.
If it doesn't, then Ampharos.

Blazing Charmander

I'm not setting anything in stone yet (because I tend to build my team as I go along), but if I was asked who would be in my team now, i'd go down one of a couple of routes.

a) Use my old Crystal team:
Feraligatr
Pidgeot
Arcanine
Magneton -> Magnezone
Espeon
Piloswine -> Mamoswine

b) Use a team of Pokemon i've rarely used:
Meganium/Typhlosion
Ledian
Miltank
Tangela/Magmar
Lanturn
Donphan

I am more inclined, however to take elements of both of these, whereby I use Feraligatr in order to replicate my first Silver journey, while accompanying it with Pokemon that I rarely or never used back in the day. I may also opt to use Pidgeot as my trusted flyer and destroyer of the Elite 4 lol.

Tinco

You can see it in my signature, but I'm still not 100% sure about which Pokèmon I want in my team, So I'll maybe change my signature sometimes.

EDIT: I'll write down what my first plan is:
Umbreon
Typlhosion
Politoed
Ho-Oh (probally gonna change him to a non uber)
Tyranitar
Houndoom

Last edited:

jwla

I am not quite sure all the specifics. I would like it to look somewhat like this:

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Politoed, perhaps
Ideally, Hitmontop
Xatu or Skarmory (I usually choose Skarmory when it's available, so probably Xatu)
Ground/Rock-type maybe...

Last edited:

LonelyHat

Fedora-sama
Oh, finally! Finally, finally, FINALLY, a pokemon game is coming where I'll be honest-to-goodness able to find a Pidgey in the wild, catch it and train it to Pidgeot! /all-starry-eyed-bliss/ ☺_☺ I know it's not the best of fliers, but I do so love that birdie! ♥

Ehm. So, basically it'll look something like this:

Cyndaquill -> Quilava -> Typhlosion
Pidgey -> Pidgeotto -> Pidgeot
Gastly -> Haunter (I don't like Gengar)
Remoraid -> Octillery (I just love these so much ♥)

That's it...I use a four member team ^^

Frosth

Feraligatr
Sneasel
Espeon
Dewgong
Piloswine
Jolteon

My team will be:

Feraligatr
Tyranitar
Dragonite
Entei
Raikou
Scizor

I hope the marking map from D/P/P is kept that way the legendary dogs will be much easier to catch!

pokeLOVE

<-Cute Dunsparce Huh
My team is

chickorita
dunsparce
pikachu
pidgey
flareon
poiltoad

I will evolve my team and my team may not be this team.

Dapuff

gonna go wit hthe same silver team i made back when i was a kid

feraliagatr
Nidoking
steelix
Machamp
Miltank
Flareon

FTW

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
My flyer will be a Hoothoot. Shame is that I will have to start the game at night, so I can actually catch one. Otherwise, if I'm bored to do that, I will have to wait until I get the Togepi egg from Violet City and evolve it into Togetic/Togekiss.

Gamerman78

Guild Master
Cyndaquill
Dunsparce
Gyarados
Ferret (mabye)
Skarmory
Donphan

mellow

;157;Typhlosion (Fire)
;015;Bibor (Bug/Flying)
;169;Crobat (Poison/Flying)
;221;/;473;Piloswine/Mamoswine(Since I'm not sure if Mamoswine and the others will be added) (Ice/Ground)
;212;Scizzor (Bug/Steel)
;176;/;468;Togetic/Togekiss(Since I'm not sure if Togekiss and the others will be added) (Normal/Flying)

Luv that team. :/ I think it's pretty strong too. Bibor will be replaced by a Eeveelution though. :(

Last edited:

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
For SoulSilver-
;157;Typhlosion
;178;Xatu
;195;Quagsire
;168;Ariados
;424;Ambipom
;082;Magneton

And for HeartGold-
;154;Meganium
;229;Houndoom
;230;Kingdra
;025;Pikachu
;112;Rhydon
;164;Noctowl

Although, Depending on the connectivity to the Sinnoh, I may get ;479;Rotom and ;454;Toxicroak.