• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
A team that stays true to Jotho:

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Red Gyarados
Umbreon
Scizor
Tyranitar

m190049

Local psychopath
...Why have Red Gyrados on your team? By the time you get to Lake of Rage, it'd almost 100% of the time be weaker than a Gyrados that you could have trained by than. I'd know, I had one on my team...

White Lotus

Enlightened Monk
My first time playing any Pokemon game was on an emulator/rom <I know i'm a Smooth Criminal> version of Crystal. I'll probably try to remake that squad to the best of my memory. Something like...

Chikorita
Arcanine
Slowbro
Gligar
Heracross
Haunter <couldn't evolve him lol>

Yep - that squad should work. I'll never forget how good i thought Heracross was, little bugger used to just work stuff over. If it goes down with 4th Gen movepools this squad should work out pretty nicely. Although Arcanine will still just be for show lol. Maybe i should upgrade to Houndoom since i actually understand the game better now. Or i could just BP him *Sword Dances from Gligar and abuse *Extremespeed. Meh.

chimchar19

Rockstar Drift
Who really knows what I'll have.they will probally add pokemon from the 4th gen and others so all I know is that I am starting with typhlosion.

m190049

Local psychopath
Although Arcanine will still just be for show lol.

i could just BP him *Sword Dances from Gligar and abuse *Extremespeed. Meh.
You don't need to use Baton Pass... Arcanine is still a solid Pokemon... His only real "letdown" is his type, and that's really only in the metagame, where Stealth Rock and Earthquake dominate all. And it's possible to beat the game with any Pokemon... Someone solo'd the game with a Hoppip before...

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
...Why have Red Gyrados on your team? By the time you get to Lake of Rage, it'd almost 100% of the time be weaker than a Gyrados that you could have trained by than. I'd know, I had one on my team...

I'm not picking Red Gyrados so much so for how strong it is but for aesthetic reasons. It's part of the original Jotho journey, such as the Snorlax and Lapras you come across during your Kanto journey.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I'm definitly going to use a Totodile as my starter, but then I'm still working past that. I'm replaying Gold version on my 64 (GBA has rough controls), so I'll probably decide the rest once I finish the play through. Planning on using a full shiny team just for show. Hopefully I'll be able to trade early on.

Grei

not the color
Is anyone planning on rotating their team (taking a seventh Pokemon and swapping it with another Pokemon throughout the journey; also known as reserves)? I've never actually done it, and I wasn't sure how effective it was...

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
I know I'll be using Espeon, Meganium, and Donphan. I'm not too sure about the others. I tend to choose high speed and high offense Pokémon for all of the games, like Heracross or Ninetales. But I really want to balance my team out this time around.

ztarmie11

Jewlery is heavy...
i'm going for a revamped version of my gold team(in game)
Typhlosion/Magcargo
Starmie
Victreebel/Jumpluff
Porygon-Z
Forretress
Gyarados/Lanturn/Miltank/Weavyle

jaxonferz

i can't gaurantee anything but this is what i'm looking at:
Feraligatr: for sure!
foretress: always been pretty sweet to me
gliscor: im assuming u'll be able to evolve the gligar
red gyrados: ive never had the second gen so its always bugged me not having one... i dont even like gyrados but still
honchcrow/noctowl: idk... they both look pimp lol
hitmontop: um, y d hell not?

ok so yah. thats what im thinkin but its subject to change... alot

Eeveelutionist

All of these are great teams compared to mine, but these are some of my favorites.
Main team (yes this is the team in my sig...that's what it is...my HG/SS team):
-Bayleef
-Teddiursa
-Misdreavus
-Mareep
-Pidgeot
-Corsola

pichu96

Here is my team:

Feraligatr
Bellosom
Arcanine
Tyranitar
Pidheot
Electabuzz/Ampharos

I think it's pretty good :D

Last edited:

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I am going to trade early to get this team
Feraligator
Toratera
Combuskhen
Pickachu
Alakazam
lucario

Toxic Spikes

Battle Mechanics
-Croconaw
-Sunflora
-Furret
-Xatu
-Flaaffy
-Magmar
Yay for Ash-like teams! (Electric, Fire/Water/Grass, Wildcard, Flying, not all evolved/fully evolved)

Last edited:

silbirnite

in HG, I'll attempt to rebuild my team(can barely remember it, and my mom saved over it)
-Feraligatr (first pokemon ever)
-pidgeot
-umbreon
-togetic
-possibly houndoom and/or donphan (depending how pokemon are split between the games)
-or what ever falls in, like i do with most games

for SS, I'm going to go all johto
-Typhlosion
-togetic
-ampharos
-more to come

Feraligatr
Arcanine
Jynx
Heracross
Rhydon
Snorlax
I love this game, it has the best plot out of all of them and the best looking Pokemon.

jarod2188

Im probably going to get all my second gen favorites

Feraligator
Ampharos
Espeon
Noctowl
Macargo
Ariados(the spider naturally learns pyschic!)

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'm fairly sure Meganium will be included. Other than that, it depends on what's available to me. At the moment, a fun team sounds like:

Meganium
Miltank
Umbreon
Bellossom
Skarmory
Octillery

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
Meganium/Feraligatr/Typhlosion(Can't decide)
Noctowl(Fell in love with my one on Platinum)
Ampharos(in my all time johto top ten)
Houndoom(My fire type for johto)
Mantine(Always wanted to use one in game)
Random(Will decide from using different pokemon on platinum)