• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plans in General

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I still don't know why so many people want Tyranitar for in-game purposes. It's hard to train and hurts your own Pokemon with Sand Stream. Plus, you may not even be able to get it until Mt. Silver.

shinyabsol09

Does any one know if you'll be able to trade first and sec generation pokemon from d/p/pl to hg/ss?

If so ill probably resurect my silver team to but shiny xD

Zap Cannon

Probably something like this
Typhlosion
Ledian
Quagsire
Xatu
Sunflora
Donphan

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
My final team...dunno, but I have an idea for my very first team, and why I having them:

;152; (Traded to beat Silver's totodile)
;155; (Very first pokemon)
;039; (Traded to evolve into Wigglytuff (Who can learn sick moves) [+EV Defense & Sp.Def])
;161; (Catched: evolve into Furret)

Eventually, I will catch an ELECTRC type like Mareep or an ICE or WATER type for beating FLYING types (unless I decide to use Ice Beam on Jigglypuff or Furret), or PSYCHIC, GHOST, or STEEL type, and also get myself an HM slave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I still don't know why so many people want Tyranitar for in-game purposes. It's hard to train and hurts your own Pokemon with Sand Stream. Plus, you may not even be able to get it until Mt. Silver.

Well, I might be wrong, but I think quite a few people are planning to transfer over some pokemon from D/P/Pltn to use in there future adventure. I know I am. :D It's so much more convinient with wireless connection instead of the old link cables or the wireless connectors you'd obtain in FR/LG or in stores. But then again, it also depends if you have 2 DS's available, and 2 games for that matter.

Last edited:
Ahhh, I remember when I planned my Platinum Team. It turned out nothing like I had panned except for the Starter.

It always depends whats available when, or if I need it for a gym, I turn out to like it and keep it.

EvilPikachu79

Congrats! You Fail!
Ahhh, I remember when I planned my Platinum Team. It turned out nothing like I had panned except for the Starter.

It always depends whats available when, or if I need it for a gym, I turn out to like it and keep it.

Same happened for me. The only two I had that were part of my team were Infernape and Rotom. Anyway to quote what "a person" said, Sand Stream isn't really much of a big deal. It does very little damage. And Tyranitar is an awesome Pokemon so why not use him?

Shadowedrival

If Typhlosion:
Typhlosion
Gliscor(if avalible)if not Ampharos
Dragonite
Gyarados
Belossom
Hitmontop

If Feraligatr:
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Arcanine
Dragonite
Espeon
Umbreon

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
Hrm, I hope it doesn't make us do story stuff to trade with D/P/Pt cuz I would love:
Feraligatr
Espeon
Flygon
Typhlosion
Meganium or Lucario
Skarmory
If not, well, that'll be after the E4 then. :p

jujubesgood

I'm guessing you can trade in your existing pokemon from platinum, diamond and pearl, so I'm going to stick with my team of forretress, ninjask, infernape, dragonite, togekiss, and breloom, but I might have to make some changes a little farther down the road.

TamerJay

I usually structure my teams based on types, but this time I'm just going to go with my favourites:

Feraligatr
Scizor
Umbreon
Electabuzz/Electivire*
Skarmory
Tyranitar

*If in Johto Dex/After Elite 4

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
If its only Kanto/Johto pokemon, then for SoulSilver:
Feraligatr (Bred w/ Ice Punch+Waterfall+Dragon Dance)
Meganium (Bred w/ Leech Seed+Ancientpower)
Typhlosion (Bred w/ Howl+Flare Blitz+Crush Claw)
Ampharos (Bred w/ Charge)
Pidgeot (Bred w/ Brave Bird)
Golem (Bred w/ Rock Slide+Hammer Arm)

Yeah pretty generic I know, but whatever.

If they allow trading like DPPt, then I don't know.

Last edited:

Electric

Feraligatr (Starter)
Typlosion (Trade)
Espeon <--- OR ---> Umbreon (But NOT BOTH)
Meganium??? OR Dunsparce cause he was my 1st :)
Crobat
Miltank (lol)

That was the last time I made a post. Now I would like this:

1. Feraligatr
2. Crobat
3. Miltank
4. Ampharos
5. Espeon
6. Typlosion

Araleon

Chill
Ok, well, right now I'm stumped.

I might get both the games, that would work out better than one because I have two teams I'd like to play.

This one is going to happen on my future HeartGold no matter what:

Meganium
Noctowl
Ampharos
Umbreon
Magcargo
Kingdra

Another team I've planned would be for SoulSilver, and it sorta reminds me of my old Crystal team, but that may be because of the starter, Feraligatr:

Feraligatr
Bellossom
Honchkrow
Espeon
Ampharos
Steelix

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
Umm this is a pretty hard question, there are multiple options, but I think this will be good enough.

Meganium<--Every game the majority use the fire starter in anygame, and Tododile is a perhaps the most popular water starter so I choose Meganium over the crap plant types in the game anyways.
Scizor<-- I haven't seen this used much in peoples teams
Crobat<--Also haven't seen much of it, but its probably the only "fast" pokemon I will use
Miltank/Granbull<--Preferably Miltank, but idk if you can catch it befor the 6th gym leader or not.
Umbreon<--I'm a sucker for the Eevee evolutions, and since my favorite one is available durring the story, of course I'm gonna get it.
Sudowoodo/Octillery<--Probably an hm slave

Its mainly a defensive team besides the fragile crobat, and massive fire target Scizzor, but it can still do a great job as an in game team.

Lyricalx

Excellent.
I'm not used to only having 250 species to choose from :/
I wouldn't want to, just to keep the overall feel to the game.
But I fear i'm gonna have to trade on over pokemon from the other gens.
I really don't want to have a Legendary on my team and only depend on that like what I did when I was 10.
And I wan't to keep the tradition Iv'e had since 03 and not use my starter.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
My team will be:

Typlosion;157;
Moves: Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Shadow claw, Brick Break

Espeon;196;
Moves: Zap Cannon, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam

Red Gyarados;130;
Moves: Waterfall/Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Iron Head

Sneasel/Weavile (if u can evolve it);215;;461;
Moves: Ice Punch, Night Slash, Brick Break, Aerial Ace

Leafeon (if u can evolve it);470;
Moves: Razor leaf/Leaf blade, X-Scissor, Dig, Iron Tail

Dragonite;149;
Moves: Aqua Tail, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw/Dragon Pulse, Aerial Ace/Air Slash/Air Cutter

A lot of this is hopeful speculation, so please do not murder my team.

Last edited: