• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma and Pierce to potentially return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Masaki Iwane is one of the chief animators of the anime, and he has a blog where he frequently answers questions and comments from people. Just a whie back, he answered two specific comments. From "Batman", it was a statement hoping that Team Plasma would appear, possibly near Dragonspiral Tower, and from "Suzaku", it was a question about what happened to Pierce and if the postponed TR vs. TP two-parter was meant to be his final appearance.

Iwane's answer's translate to:

1. "Possibly near Sekka City (Iccirus City), yes. Please look forward to Plasma Gang (Team Plasma).

2. "Only Dr. Seger (Zager) frequently appears presently, but....."

The "please look forward to Plasma Gang" is a big deal, as it's highly unlikely Iwane would say that if there were no plans for Team Plasma to return, as he's very polite and respectful toward his fans, and his "look forward to" type of comments in the past have been sincere.

And the "but...." trailing off to end his response to "Suzaku" about Pierce also indicates that Pierce may just make a comeback after all.

Anyway, I'm very excited about these responses. Thoughts?

EDIT NOTE (PLEASE READ): Slight alteration: "Possibly near Sekka City, yes." is actually said in regards to Batman asking if the "Brycen and the Holy Mountain of Volcarona" episode occurs near Sekka City, to which Iwane says it does. The "Please look forward to Plasma Gang" is said in response to him saying he hopes they show up at Dragonspiral Tower, which means they are likely showing up there (which is still technically near Sekka City anyway, so the point still stands.....)

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I am more amused by the fact that Batman has an interest in the Pokemon anime. I didn't know they liked the caped crusader over there.

I hope Giovanni returns most of all.

Haunter ゴースト

I really hope this is true and is going to happen, because we all know Iccurus city is right around the corner now, so many answers that might finally be explained.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Oh, I will look forward to that...

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO. don't think I ever been this excited during my time on these forums.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I'll be cautiously optimistic about these for now. Unless an official announcement about Team Plasma is going to be made soon, I do find it a little hard to believe that such a major turn of events would be revealed in such a way. I would rather wait until we hear a little more before I get my hopes up too high.

The Pierce comment is interesting because it implies Giovanni really did only pull his forces out of Unova temporarily. I get the feeling that if there actually is going to be a Team Plasma arc at Dragonspiral Tower, the upcoming Tirtouga arc might be a stage-setter for it and Giovanni could be planning to make his move to get the Light Stone first.

Did Iwane not say anything about the banned episodes? I would think that if we were only a couple months off of Team Plasma they would have to air soon first.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Why are folks so agitated and/or excited?

Team Plasma is TRocket with different uniforms and different pokemon......

They probably will be in a Dragontower 2-parter and never heard from again. No 'N', no Geechisu.

Haunter ゴースト

I really hope the events of TR vs TP did happen, and this potential DragonSpiral arc is a sequel to those events, because no matter what as of right now in the anime the fanbase has to act as if nothing happened (Act as if only Professor Juniper went to the Desert Resort in the Dub).

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I'll be cautiously optimistic about these for now. Unless an official announcement about Team Plasma is going to be made soon, I do find it a little hard to believe that such a major turn of events would be revealed in such a way. I would rather wait until we hear a little more before I get my hopes up too high.

With the Pierce thing, it wasn't a reveal, just a hint. And with Team Plasma, it's pretty much a gurantee that they'll show up, but I doubt Iwane considers that major since their return was probably already planned out even before the disaster postponed their debut, and he still isn't 100% confirming when they'll return (he says MAYBE near Iccirus City, which is not a final answer, though it does admittedly hint at Dragonspiral Tower), he's just saying that they haven't been forgotten about and that fans can look forward to their appearance.

Did Iwane not say anything about the banned episodes? I would think that if we were only a couple months off of Team Plasma they would have to air soon first.

He's talked about them before and I only know for sure that he's said that:

1. No editing has been done to them (to change scenes or fit into a new frame of time), as far as he knows. If they air, they'll air as they were made.

2. He wants them to be aired, but he has no say in when that happens; that's TV Tokyo's call. So asking him when they'll air is pointless.

I really hope the events of TR vs TP did happen, and this potential DragonSpiral arc is a sequel to those events, because no matter what as of right now in the anime the fanbase has to act as if nothing happened (Act as if only Professor Juniper went to the Desert Resort in the Dub).

I doubt anything in the anime has changed because of those episodes postponement. The events in the anime that have unfolded would have happened even if the disaster hadn't occured and the episodes had aired. So I doubt they'll act as if the postponed episodes didn't happen, and I personally hope they'll air them before Team Plasma returns.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Do I dare to scream like an annoying fanboy?

HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

God, I'm so excited right now. ;___;

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Why are folks so agitated and/or excited?

Team Plasma is TRocket with different uniforms and different pokemon......

They probably will be in a Dragontower 2-parter and never heard from again. No 'N', no Geechisu.

So, what's the point of any character if they just look different and have different Pokemon?

I don't care if N or Ghetsis appear. I want a follow-up to the banned episodes.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era

It would be cool if these episodes were all in a row. A nice arc with a sequence of action packed episodes, and put a start and maybe an end (hopefully not) to the TP adventure in the anime and no more people hating on the delay of the double parter

Haunter ゴースト

I doubt anything in the anime has changed because of those episodes postponement. The events in the anime that have unfolded would have happened even if the disaster hadn't occured and the episodes had aired. So I doubt they'll act as if the postponed episodes didn't happen, and I personally hope they'll air them before Team Plasma returns.

I personally reckon we may have had an appearance in Nimbasa or Driftveil if the episodes wasn't postponed, but either way i just don't want the TR vs TP episodes retconned, because however disappointing it's still possible.

It would be cool if these episodes were all in a row. A nice arc with a sequence of action packed episodes, and put a start and maybe an end (hopefully not) to the TP adventure in the anime and no more people hating on the delay of the double parter

No way. I wouldn't mind watching the episodes back to back, but i don't want to see TR vs TP retconned to fit the events here.

The only questions asked are about Team Plasma? How about asking about future captures and evolutions? That sounds more interesting than asking about Team plasma for the 10th millionth time.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
BTW, for any who are curious, here's Iwane's exact post.

The big line: >Batmanさん maybe near セッカシティ。please look forwardプラズマ団 ("Batman: maybe near Sekka City, please look forward to Plasma Gang.")

The only questions asked are about Team Plasma? How about asking about future captures and evolutions? That sounds more interesting than asking about Team plasma for the 10th millionth time.

Er, there are many other questions asked on that blog, most of them not about Team Plasma, and several bout future captures and evolutions, yes.

However, I consider a statement that fans can safely look forward to Team Plasma actually showing up after over a year of absence much more interesting.

Last edited:
Er, there are many other questions asked on that blog, most of them not about Team Plasma, and several bout future captures and evolutions, yes.

However, I consider a statement that fans can safely look forward to Team Plasma actually showing up after over a year of absence much more interesting.

Does he answer all the questions, or just the ones he likes? I want to hear his responses to future captures/evolutions.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Did any of them ask about Misty? I'd lol.

Not to my knowledge, no. And you're hardly one to lol at anyone. ;-_-

Does he answer all the questions, or just the ones he likes? I want to hear his responses to future captures/evolutions.

All questions, he's a very polite person and answers to the full extent that he can.

The last response to an evolution question was that he said it was unlikely that Ash's Boldore will become a Gigalith.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.