• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma and Pierce to potentially return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Wow that's some great news, is there any word about how many Black and White seasons there's actually expected to be, it seems like 3/4 with Ash's current gym state, but maybe with Team plasma getting an introduction it could stretch out even longer.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Team Plasma already had an introduction, though. Just because the episodes were postponed doesn't mean the anime will ignore they happened.

Heck, I'm still hanging on to the hope that TV Tokyo will wise up and air the damn two-parter before Team Plasma returns, to ensure all audiences know who they are.

Of course, Team Plasma's motivation will probably be introduced in their return, as it seems like all they did in the postponed two-parter was fight to take the Meteonite from Team Rocket in a misguided attempt to save Unova, which doesn't explain what their exact purpose is, only that they're a self-righteous cirminal group.

Last edited:

DMerle

Guess who's back
I kinda figured with the un-aired episodes that the anime will continue as if they never happened, i don't know but i think Team Plasma would of been mentioned again even if only in conversation, surely Zager and would of discussed them while putting some of the plans into action, especially the Kami Trio mission.

randomspot555

Team Plasma already had an introduction, though. Just because the episodes were postponed doesn't mean the anime will ignore they happened.

You're technically correct, but think about it: That'd be kind of weird to the 95% of Pokemon audience that doesn't hang out on forums and read Japanese blogs.

They're not going to reference episodes that are unaired.

They're either going to retroactively air the episodes and make it very clear they take place in the past, or they're going to do a whole new set of episodes to have Plasma make their debut.

They're not going to let the unaired episodes be part of canon and never actually air them.

And I highly doubt its TV Tokyo's call to air the eps or not.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
You know the great thing about this? We are near Icirrus City.

:'3

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I kinda figured with the un-aired episodes that the anime will continue as if they never happened, i don't know but i think Team Plasma would of been mentioned again even if only in conversation, surely Zager and would of discussed them while putting some of the plans into action, especially the Kami Trio mission.

Why? Team Plasma wasn't present or posing any sort of current threat to Team Rocket's plans, so why would Zager bring them up?

You're technically correct, but think about it: That'd be kind of weird to the 95% of Pokemon audience that doesn't hang out on forums and read Japanese blogs.

Except that most of that audience would have SEEN the previews for the two-parter, and the message that it was postponed when BW25 first aired.

They're either going to retroactively air the episodes and make it very clear they take place in the past, or they're going to do a whole new set of episodes to have Plasma make their debut.

They're not going to let the unaired episodes be part of canon and never actually air them.

And I highly doubt its TV Tokyo's call to air the eps or not.

Most likely the former; they're keeping the end of BW22 (with Ash and co. going to the Desert resort) canon (dub edit doesn't count), so it's more likely they're keeping the two-parter canon and will thus have to air it. And no, it actually IS TV Tokyo's call to air the episodes or not, the anime staff (writers, animators, etc.) has absolutely no say in the matter.

You know the great thing about this? We are near Icirrus City.

:'3

True, but we still don't know if the "Brycen appears!" episode is actually in Icirrus City.

It might be another Burgh situation, where the Gym Leader is met a little before the group actually reaches the city.

....Come to think of it, Burgh and Castelia were the Gym Leader and city present during Team Plasma's first appearance. Coincidence?

Last edited:

DMerle

Guess who's back
Why? Team Plasma wasn't present or posing any sort of current threat to Team Rocket's plans, so why would Zager bring them up?

Since they are the main group of villains in the Unova region and Team Rocket would of clashed with them once already, i imagine that a undertaking as big as summoning legendary pokemon would attract the attention of Team Plasma and Zager would of told them to be wary at least.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Since they are the main group of villains in the Unova region and Team Rocket would of clashed with them once already, i imagine that a undertaking as big as summoning legendary pokemon would attract the attention of Team Plasma and Zager would of told them to be wary at least.

This is a stretch. Teams Aqua & Magma and Team Galactic were the main villain groups of Hoenn and Sinnoh, but were NEVER mentioned in any episode, by Team Rocket or anyone else, unless they actually appeared in that episode. Team Plasma is likely no different; they won't get mention unless they're actually doing something.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl

True, but we still don't know if the "Brycen appears!" episode is actually in Icirrus City.

It might be another Burgh situation, where the Gym Leader is met a little before the group actually reaches the city.

....Come to think of it, Burgh and Castelia were the Gym Leader and city present during Team Plasma's first appearance. Coincidence?

Obviously not, because it's supposed to be on a mountain of Volcarona, but Brycen's appearance itself denotes that we're close to Icirrus. After all, you wouldn't have the Gym Leader appear 20 episodes before they even step foot in their city, would you?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, don't really care about this since there isn't really anything too interesting with TP. Whatever episode they do appear in, its not gonna be as epic as the two parter was supposed to be so who really cares lol.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
But where is Giovanni? Why hasn't he been seen talking to TR on the phone at least?

Well we already know from BW025 that after the events of the two parter he was constantly 'in meetings' and 'very busy'.

His absence probably DOES connect with Team Plasma, and again, notice how it isn't brought up at all past BW25? If it's not currently relevant, then it's not mentioned.

I suspect that when Team Plasma returns, so will Giovanni, and the reasoning behind his absence will be talked about again.

Whatever episode they do appear in, its not gonna be as epic as the two parter was supposed to be so who really cares lol.

And you know this for sure how?

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
Whatever episode they do appear in, its not gonna be as epic as the two parter was supposed to be so who really cares lol.

Why do you speak for everyone? -_- A lot of people care, don't be patronizing and you really don't know if this is gonna be epic or not.

-

Great news! thanks for these news AgentPierce :p I'd be satisfied with at least one Team Plasma appearance. XD

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I'm going to say this has something to do with the time travelling plot. Here's my take on what happened, and bear in mind it is incredibly far fethched.
-The TR/TP two parter went down, Giovanni began a dastardly plan in the desert to change the landscape of unova
-Pierce was an agent of Team Plasma and a fight broke out between the two teams
-Either Pierce/N/Ghetis/Important member of Team Plasma fought against Giovanni and in the end, Giovanni looked like he got sucked into the earth and is currently M.I.A, believed to be dead
-Many members of team rocket including the trio are angry at this
-Jessie James and Zager discover the time travelling idea from the fossils
-The steal the energy necessary
-More steps are took
-Time travelling takes place and the team rocket trio meet their old selves and save Giovanni from being killed
-Causes a time paradox
-Lord knows what happens from here

My point being, even if Pierce is an informant for team plasma, he could still return regardless of his status with the help of time travelling. And because of his large lack of appearences, I definetly think Giovanni is dead. That is why many team rocket members are in factions trying to lead themselves (Zager and the team rocket trio) in possibly trying to bring back Giovanni or trying to get back the technology he used at castelia city/the desert.

DMerle

Guess who's back
This is a stretch. Teams Aqua & Magma and Team Galactic were the main villain groups of Hoenn and Sinnoh, but were NEVER mentioned in any episode, by Team Rocket or anyone else, unless they actually appeared in that episode. Team Plasma is likely no different; they won't get mention unless they're actually doing something.

Team Rocket didn't have the same sort of giant "takeover" project during Hoenn or Sinnoh, they weren't given any sort of special missions they were basically dumped in that region under the pretenses of discovering information about it. I know it's purely speculation but i imagine that since Team Plasma got a nod at the start they would of been given another one, hinting at there past appearence.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well that news has me optimistic, cautiously optimistic, but optimistic none the less.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
And because of his large lack of appearences, I definetly think Giovanni is dead. That is why many team rocket members are in factions trying to lead themselves (Zager and the team rocket trio) in possibly trying to bring back Giovanni or trying to get back the technology he used at castelia city/the desert.

Er, one problem: the TRio certainly seem to act as if he's alive, always saying that they're doing their missions "for the boss", not to mention Giovanni's secretary stated that he's just very busy in BW25 and I highly doubt she'd be lying about him being alive. Plus I don't think Giovanni was actually involved in the battle, he probably just observed it from a distance.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
After looking at the source, I can say 2 things.

1. What Iwane or whatever his name is confirmed, is that Dragonspiral Tower will be featured in the anime, likely around the time they are in/near/the vicinity of Sekka City(Icarus?).

2. Then he also said "look forward to Team Plasma" but that was a somewhat separate statement, which just means they will appear, in the future, but has nothing to do with Sekka City really, he just meant they will appear someday not necessarily soon, nothing regarding Sekka City.

Sekka City is spoken in reference to when/if DragonSp. tower will be featured in the anime or not.

So all y'all with your underwear in a bunch over Plasma being at the Dragonsp. tower, be disappointed, as they won't be there.....

The last response to an evolution question was that he said it was unlikely that Ash's Boldore will become a Gigalith.

This sucks, and I guess we shall not see Gantle evolving anytime soon then, at least until after the Isshu league or well into next year, as if he said that recently, and accounting that they have episodes planned/in-production for 9mos.-1-yeat before they air.

Last edited:

DMerle

Guess who's back
After looking at the source, I can say 2 things.

1. What Iwane or whatever his name is confirmed, is that Dragonspiral Tower will be featured in the anime, likely around the time they are in/near/the vicinity of Sekka City(Icarus?).

2. Then he also said "look forward to Team Plasma" but that was a somewhat separate statement, which just means they will appear, in the future, but has nothing to do with Sekka City really, he just meant they will appear someday not necessarily soon, nothing regarding Sekka City.

Sekka City is spoken in reference to when/if DragonSp. tower will be featured in the anime or not.

So all y'all with your underwear in a bunch over Plasma being at the Dragonsp. tower, be disappointed, as they won't be there.....

It's a much broader statement to say they won't be there than to speculate about them being there, especially since they had such a huge presence there in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.