• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma and Pierce to potentially return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Guys... seriously, you're reading too much into his answers. Iwane isn't actually allowed to wildly toss unrevealed information around like that, so he tends to be pretty vague and "maybe so, maybe no" in his answers. Also, he's an animator, not a writer, so he's not all that aware of exactly what goes on in the episodes he doesn't work on.

"Batman" is me, by the way - I didn't really trust myself to get the Japanese exactly right, so I wrote my comments in simple English with the Japanese proper nouns to make the message as clear as possible. I had seen him reply to English questions before, so I knew he could read it to an extent. I wish he'd have replied in Japanese, though, his English reply was somewhat broken and unclear. He definitely wasn't "practically confirming" anything, though.

(and seriously, don't go to his bbs and start bombarding him with dumb fandom questions. That's really rude towards an insider who takes the time to politely reply to fan comments)

Crazed Apple

Dondake~!!
The last response to an evolution question was that he said it was unlikely that Ash's Boldore will become a Gigalith.
Sorry if I miss dinner tonight, I'll probably be too busy crying to hear your calls.
After looking at the source, I can say 2 things.
This sucks, and I guess we shall not see Gantle evolving anytime soon then, at least until after the Isshu league or well into next year, as if he said that recently, and accounting that they have episodes planned/in-production for 9mos.-1-yeat before they air.
I know!! Hopefully the writer's will see how much we love Gigalith and have in evolve near the end of the saga...at least.
LOLOL

Can someone ask if Dento's Purrloin phobia is coming back...signed Joker

That would be nice xD

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Oh, and his mention about Gantle being unlikely to evolve was "because it evolves through trading... but then again, Shootie's Dotekkotsu does too, and that's evolved, so who knows?" He didn't confirm a thing.

Oh, and his mention about Gantle being unlikely to evolve was "because it evolves through trading... but then again, Shootie's Dotekkotsu does too, and that's evolved, so who knows?" He didn't confirm a thing.

Trip's pokemon evolved off-screen which made the writers jobs easy. You can't do that with Ash. Even if Iwane didn't confirm anything, he pretty much said don't expect an evolution out of Boldore, and who are we to argue with him? We don't work on the show while he does.

Trip's pokemon evolved off-screen which made the writers jobs easy. You can't do that with Ash. Even if Iwane didn't confirm anything, he pretty much said don't expect an evolution out of Boldore.

That's the best news I've heard all day. ^^

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Iwane isn't actually allowed to wildly toss unrevealed information around like that, so he tends to be pretty vague and "maybe so, maybe no" in his answers.

Er, that's what he was being like here too, especially with the Pierce thing (a vague hint like "but..." isn't exactly wildly tossing around any information.)

Also, he's an animator, not a writer, so he's not all that aware of exactly what goes on in the episodes he doesn't work on.

The entire staff of TV shows (writers, animators, etc.) usually work tightly together enough so that they know all of what's going on with the show regardless of whether they're personally working on it, though. Iwane didn't work on the Elesa Gym Battle episode, for example, but still knew that Palpitoad was being used.

He definitely wasn't "practically confirming" anything, though.

"Please look forward to Plasma Gang" sounds like, at the very least, a practical confirming that they will be seen in the future, otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

Doesn't matter much to me, as I always thought they'd show up again, but alot of people here had lost faith, so this is good for them to hear.

(and seriously, don't go to his bbs and start bombarding him with dumb fandom questions. That's really rude towards an insider who takes the time to politely reply to fan comments)

Agreed.....PLEASE people, don't flood his blog with stupid questions about captures or evolutions or especially when episodes will air (again, he has NO control over that!)

Last edited:

Crazed Apple

Dondake~!!
Well that's comforting...sorta lolz
That's the best news I've heard all day. ^^

Then you need to come out from under that rock, cause there's better :p

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Agreed.....PLEASE people, don't flood his blog with stupid questions about captures or evolutions or especially when episodes will air (again, he has NO control over that!)

You know what community(anime sp.) you're dealing with.....right?

You might as well tell them the opposite, or were better off not linking to the blog.......

Zariful

I want to know if Dewott and Servine are likely

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I removed the link from the first post.

Dephender and AgentPierce have said everything that needed to be said already, but this can't be stressed enough. Masaaki Iwane might've been nice enough to enable public comments, but that doesn't mean you can barge in there and post - in a language that isn't his own, no less - as if you own the place.

Please stop abusing his blog to 1) deposit random speculation posts and/or 2) to nag him for information. It's incredibly rude, not to mention unfair since contracts surely bind him from spouting information left and right. His occupation isn't an invitation for us to wring him out like a wet towel.

If you insist on asking questions I can't stop you (unfortunately), but for the love of all that's holy, don't forget your manners, which includes typing your messages in coherent Japanese or at least very simple English. This isn't Junichi Masuda who has made it clear that reading/writing in fairly advanced English is no big deal to him. Also, even if you keep all of this in mind when contacting him, take into consideration that repeated annoyances might lead Mr Iwane to modify his privacy settings, if not to remove the blog altogether.

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
More Pierce? That means more Dan Green and his epic Yami Yugi voice!

Kind of makes sense that Team Plasma would appear in a place where Volcarona can be found, considering one of the Sages wanted to capture it for Ghetsis in-game. But still, it could also mean they're finally ready to air the skipped episodes.

And to Cyber, my guess is Giovanni will make an appearance near the end of the saga.

Random brainwave: what if in BW2, Giovanni took control of the remnants of Team Plasma and reorganized them into a new Team Rocket? Probably not the case, but again, a random brainwave.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
More Pierce? That means more Dan Green and his epic Yami Yugi voice!

That's if Dan Green isn't taking a break from voice acting since the untimely death of his wife in childbirth last December. I don't think he's recorded anything since then.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Iwane usually posts once per day (red text being personal thoughts and black text being answers to comments), so we should have an answer by tommorow.

Someone should go ahead and ask about the starters while thier at it apparently, if he knows for absolute fact that Boldure's not evolving, then I don't see why he can't tell what will become of them--

Cause otherwise I don't trust this person in the terms of news.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Someone should go ahead and ask about the starters while thier at it apparently, if he knows for absolute fact that Boldure's not evolving, then I don't see why he can't tell what will become of them--

Cause otherwise I don't trust this person in the terms of news.

As Sushi-sama said, he cannot comment specifics on who is evolving, lest he lose his job.

They'll evolve when they evolve, it's that simple.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
As Sushi-sama said, he cannot comment specifics on who is evolving, lest he lose his job.

They'll evolve when they evolve, it's that simple.

yet he let Boldure slip practically, logic is null and void.

would definitely help me avoid "debating" with a particular person in the next pokemon thread if he did answer about the starters...besides that's the best way to know if he's telling the truth.

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
would definitely help me avoid "debating" with a particular person in the next pokemon thread if he did...besides that's the best way to know if he's telling the truth.

He's likely neither able, nor going to comment on the starters.

His comment on Gantle/Gigaiasu, was extremely vague, he said it wont happen soon due to the trade aspect, but then he also left the other possibility open by mentioning Shooti's Roubushin.

Basically it can or cannot happen.

If asked on starters, I'm certain another vague answer would follow. Honestly, if we've waited 80 episodes for a starter to evolve, I'm sure waiting another 45-odd(about another years worth of eps) won't kill anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.