• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony! (782)

LizardonX

Banned
Why can't they use Dark Pulse.

They didn't have any problem with it during the DP saga were it was there favorite move and was used frequently.

After how Darkrai crushed Half of Ash's team with it I'm betting they want to keep the darkness to a minimum. Despite Ash having 2 dark types neither of them still know a Dark move.

Master Ask

I am your Greninja
After how Darkrai crushed Half of Ash's team with it I'm betting they want to keep the darkness to a minimum. Despite Ash having 2 dark types neither of them still know a Dark move.

I thought Krookodile knew Crunch, or did he forget it?

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I didn't think Episode N could get any better, it's always nice to be surprised. I thought this episode was stellar, I'll just start off by talking about my favorite part of this episode:

Satoshi and his Pokemon were the gems of this episode, I really liked seeing them all work together like that to tunnel through the cave, then again I'm a bit of a sucker for groups of people working together for one common goal. I just thought those scenes were fantastically done, I can't express how glad I am Lizardon wasn't the sole factor to them escaping. It took, not just Lizardon but, Mijumaru, Pikachu, Waruvial, Chaobu, Tsutarja, N, and Satoshi to get out of that place. People sometimes bring up the factor that Lizardon's return rules the other Pokemon obsolete, this episode is living proof such an idea is false. Though Mijumaru, Waruvial, and Lizardon mainly did the heavy work and excavating, Mijumaru's Hydro Pump, Waruvial's Dig, and Lizardon's, odd-yet innovative and highly effective, rendition of Dragon Tail to escape. Chaobu, Tsutarja, and Pikachu weren't left in the dust, they helped get rid of some of that debris for the plan to succeed. It was just so great seeming them all work together like that, the interactions between them were so choice. It was really cool to see Waruvial since he hasn't been seen since the league and nice to see a throwback to his timid behavior with him getting eyed by all the frenzied Pokemon and recoiling.

When it came to the battling, once again, I like how everyone did something. Chaobu's younger sibling-like concern for Lizardon was adorable, I like how he sounded like he was crying during that scene(Chalk that up the VA's emoting) where Lizardon lay on the ground and he protected Lizardon from more Shadow Balls. The double Flamethrower looked nicely animated too. Waruvial, not to let the Fire-types steal the show, came up with, all on his own, that powered up version of Dig and it looked awesome. Gotta like the way the Tsutarja and Mijumaru didn't wanna be left behind and willingly came up to the plate to help.

All those Pokemon were great and it reminds me just how much I enjoy his Isshu team. I've finally figured out the reason I enjoy them so much is because how vivid their personalities are. Naturally, because of how many there are, I'm not burnt out on them yet, because there's such a huge cause for screentime and battles that I find myself appreciating them even more when they do get it. I don't think I would get the same feel if Satoshi had stuck with his six core members from beginning to end.

Pikachu getting enraged by Achroma's machine was a great scene too, I like how it didn't take the Power of Friendship to get Pikachu back in check. It literally was a hopeless situation and it shows just how far Achroma's machine had come in such little time, all that foreshadowing, in the form of data gathering on Kairyu, Ononokusu, and a few other Pokemon like Nyasu, was leading up to this and I'm satisfied. The only gripe I have is how overpowered Achroma's machine was, if Satoshi-tachi can't use their Pokemon with fear of them going nuts then that puts them in a pretty grave situation with dozens of Lepardas, Dokkora family members, and Golugh around. Kairyu and Iwapalace had things in check from the beginning but still that machine stopped that fast.

Nice to see Ghetsis and the Ceremony of revival, Achroma rocked his role as usual. I still really like that scientist, he's just so fun to watch and brings so much to the table daily. N's subtle development with seeing the teamwork of Satoshi's team like that was awesome as well. Hopefully Satoshi throws Pikachu in Iris's hair next time. You just know there's a anti-laser and bullet-proof pocket dimension in there somewhere, probably in the closet in Kibago's bedroom. :p

My favorite overall moment was still seeing Lizardon play Doryuzu with Drill-Dragon Tail.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
There is very few instances in the anime, VERY FEW instances where Pokemon can make me laugh & Krookodile popping out of the hole only to quickly go back in after seeing all the controlled Pokemon glaring at him was hilarious.xD Good episode, I enjoyed it, I just like playing over the scene over & over again.Haha

RVD_fan

There is very few instances in the anime, VERY FEW instances where Pokemon can make me laugh & Krookodile popping out of the hole only to quickly go back in after seeing all the controlled Pokemon glaring at him was hilarious.xD Good episode, I enjoyed it, I just like playing over the scene over & over again.Haha
I chuckled at that too.

I liked this episode a lot, it utilized Ash's Pokemon very well and Team Plasma actually came across as a legitimate threat.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I think Pignite was overreacting, granted the moment was cute but still, for the most part Charizard, Dragonite and Crustle despite taking "hits" in both last week's episode as well as this one, hardly seemed tired or "hurt" like they were in deep writhing pain despite that.

To make a big deal out of a pokemon being knocked down if it hardly has an effect is childish.

The only reason no pokemon can do much at the moment is because of Corless and his cheap little mind control toy.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
*Walks into thread fully prepared to throw shade like confetti* Actually this episode wasn't that bad imo. I thought it did a fairly good job of setting up the finale even if it was slow at times. I'll start by saying that I disliked the setting of this episode; ruin-esque settings are soooo last year. Also, Colress's mind control thing got old a long time ago imo and this episode could have done without it; I feel that it's been shoved down our throats for weeks/months now. Reductive. As for the good parts, I loved that Ash used his Pokemon to try and escape the chasm, although Pignite and Charizard's little interaction was embarrassing imo; they seem like a married couple or something ha ha (*writes a fan fic about it*). The Reshiram summoning ritual actually looked really cool so I guess I'll give the animators some praise. I give this episode six kisses out of ten.

My little review on this episode as it deserves one:

It's been ages since I enjoyed a Pokemon's episode. The most wonderful thing in this episode being the stars, Ash's Pokemon.

The episode started with a recap of the last episode, which I admit were good battle scenes. Crustle Rock Sliding Golurk and then Golurk blasting it away followed by Crustle's inability to dodge it and Dragonite saving it was a wonderful sequence.

When I saw the preview last week, I expected Crustle and Dragonite to get owned immediately and fall down. But they did stand.

Cilan's idea to stop the incoming army of Conkeldurr, Timburr with Rock Slide and Iris reinforced it with Ice Beam. They were cornered, and their Pokemon surely had very low chances of fighting a horde and survive. So using a temporary defense and then hide was a good plan. I thought Cedric was a reductive character but they did made him do a few things, hehe.

The scene shifts to Ash and N, who are worried about what was happening on the surface, they decide to find a way out.

Conkeldurr, Timburr, and Golurk break through but Dragonite and Crustle hold them at bay. The scene left a bad taste in my mouth as it was stock footage from a scene few minutes ago. Dem lazy animators!

Dragonite and Crustle stand as a two-man army against the army of Plasma. I am really really glad, because Iris and Cilan have their own sequence of actions unlike in AG where May, Brock were mostly ignored. Iris and Cilan are holding their own against their villains. They may not be doing much damage, but they're doing their best to save their own skins.

Cedric's role in this episode: He did a good job noticing Colress activating the machine. Having no other option Cilan and Iris were forced to return their Pokemon. But little Kiba wants to play hero, and try to attack. But luckily Iris knew better than to let the little guy out.

Also, yes Hair can block lasers :p

Nextly, is it just me or are Iris and Cilan subjected to the most violence ever? Seriously ever since season 1, except for a few episodes in the OS, people were very rarely attacked by the villains. Even in Episode N2, James's Amoongus attacks Ash directly with a Body Slam on his back. Now that would have really hurt.

Aand they are finally locked :p

Looker and the Crowbar: Seriously they should make a action movie out of this. Who else in the world can use a crowbar so adeptly other than the Interpol's Handsome? They should've seriously considered a gun...but then that'd raise complications because then ghetsis would need a gun. So let's settle with there are no guns in Pokeworld. (don't count the banned episode).

N loses hope, Ash asks if he heard any 'voices'. N is worried more because there weren't any voices. Ash seems to recite a verse from the Pokemon Unovan Legend: The Black chapter or something. He says something Cedric said to him once, it's along the lines "Never give up" or something. My Japanese is poor.

Ash seems to be more adult-like in this episode. When I say adult-like, I mean he isn't the usual childish idiot Best Wishes has been showing. Even his drawing seems to be so. If I didn't know better, I'd say Ash looks a bit older than ten.

The highlight of this episode: The Pokemon Interaction.

Ash sends out all five Pokemon at once. Oshawott comes out first, his usual proudself. Pignite comes out next, snorting flames, perhaps a remember of the previous episode where he couldn't use flamethrower thanks to the seeds in his snout. Oshawott ofcourse is scared by it.

Then Snivy and Krookodile appeared together. The animators must have done this to show us the contrasting sizes. Krookodile gives Snivy a smug look, but Smugleaf only gives an even smuggier(?) humph.

Of course when the big boss comes out last, everything inside the caving trembles. One of these days Charizard will destroy something with that power.

Ash asks the Pokemon for help. And surprisingly, instead of Ash commanding them, the Pokemon plan among themselves. Oshawott uses Hydropump to soften the mud, then Krookodile goes in with dig and Charizard with Helicopter-Dragon Tail. Pignite, Snivy and Pikachu join. Oshawott tells its trainer to lend a hand. Ash joins them and begin his digging. N is very impressed at the team work and lends a hand too.

Ghetsis and Helicopter.....Ghetsis looks less villainish if that's even a word.

Angie is panicked, and of course Brad is ordered to do something. Brad comes out with the most intelligent move his brain could afford, blast the hole (seriously lol).

Ah and the next scene is my most most most favorite one. Krookodile comes out and becomes the center of attraction of the deadly glares....and the poor guy scurries away to let the big boss handle things. Seriously, the writers are doing a good job with Charizard, they are obviously making him Ash's team leader but at the same time he isn't hogging screen time.

Plasma once again goes to the extreme and orders to attack N, mighty Lizardon comes to the rescue but taking Shadow Balls wasn't so easy, (coming from high-level Plasma Pokemon?)

Pignite jumps for his Nii-san (seriously I think that's what Pignite calls him in Pignitese)

Nii-san!(Yeah I watched too much of full metal alchemist)

The interaction between Charizard and Pignite is really such, even Charizard seems to like Pignite. They do a double-bro-flamethrower.

Krookodile doesn't like to be overshadowed, he uses his new power-upped dig, Oshawott and Snivy do their attacks too and Pikachu cheers them all (really, now?). This episode is really a 'hey let's take a back seat Pikachu' day.

Colress plans to capture Ash's Pokemon, Ash takes two of them in but he isn't fast enoug, luckily Looker comes to rescue with the Crowbar!

And fails in an epic fashion. (Next time, get a better weapon, sir.)

Ash is relieved because all his Pokemon are back into their balls safely....really....?

I liked the amount of drama when Ash realizes Pikachu's still out, and Pikachu gives an innocent 'Pika' (man Pikachu's really cute when he does that).

The next scene is once more violent than the usual Pokemon ones. Pikachu thunderbolts Iris and Cilan while they run for their lives, hands tied. (That really deserves a laugh. I'm gonna sig it after this review perhaps.)

Ash gets bolted like crazy. Thunderbolt is called 10,000 volts in Japanese. Now I just wonder how the hell does Ash survive a thunderbolt, let alone stand after that? Maybe they shouldn't have over-glorified Pokemon's battle powers.

Ash and Pikachu collapse, holding one another as Colress releases Pikachu out of the hold (after N agrees to trade the stone with Plasma). Here again, Ash seems slightly older than what Best Wishes showed till now. I really wonder if the writers want him to be ten or not.

Everything is all set by the time Ghetsis comes back (He must be proud of his Angie and Brad Pitt).

Ghetsis starts the ceremony by himself(no sages -_-?). N says things will be a repeat of last time, Reshiram will destroy everything. Ghetsis simply laughs and says, I have the control machine for that. (Seriously N, with super high IQ, you should've figured that by now, even I did!)

Ash gets up as the ceremony begins. The stone activates....and the final image comes. (Cilan always looks cool in these.)

I am really looking forward for the next episode. This saga was rushed like hell, but it was at least good. Best Wishes has redeemed itself a bit. :p

diakyu

So can we all agree that when Krookodile and snivy look at each other with crossed arms is one of the best moments of BW right? All of Ash's Pokemon were just ace in this episode. I really love his BW team. Even Palpitoad whenever he shows up lol.

SlimeStack

Great episode. Not too much happened but it set up the finale very well.

I was very pleased with how they handled Pikachu being controlled a second time too. I think it was just the way that everyone got back into their Poké Balls and then there was that brief moment of "Oh ****, Pikachu."

Also, I've missed Team Rocket stalking people so closely during other villains' stories lol.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Cilan: No! Pikachu doesn't like to be in his Poké Ball!

Me: Screw it, then! Just put him back into it for once! *Ash unsuccessfully stops the beam* Dammit! *Ash screams, annoying me*

I think I didn't like Ghetsis' voice now that he's present.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Pretty solid dub episode. Not much to say except that I still like how Ash's Pokemon worked together.

NPT

Just a member
This was Another great episode of the N arc, I liked how Ash's Pokémon worked together to dig a tunnel. Can't wait to see the next dub episode.
It was so cool when Ash turned his hat.

Last edited:

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Cilan: No! Pikachu doesn't like to be in his Poké Ball!

Me: Screw it, then! Just put him back into it for once! *Ash unsuccessfully stops the beam* Dammit! *Ash screams, annoying me*
Sigh.... Never in my life have I ever wanted to kill an anime villain more... Mind control is my biggest pet peve! This whole Team Plasma saga has been a real pain to sit through all because of that stupid device. Let me ask you this. Mind control... Remember that in the plot of BW2!? Cause I sure don't!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode that held my interest from start to finish. I look forward to see the next episode.

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode! Loved how Ash's Pokémon work so well together, so much that N can really notice how strong the bond between Ash and his Pokémon. Awesome. Looking forward to next week, I can hardly wait for the final episode of the N arc.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Solid episode, good as the previous episode. The whole mind control thing is definitely pushing the limit now. That was almost the entire base of the episode itself.

Ash and his Pokemon working together was a nice sight to see. They all worked together inside the tunnel and back at the ruins. And N was amazed, which is saying a lot due to his deep character.

Once again, I love how some of the high level grunts get their own names. It's a nice little detail.

So Ghetsis really has no use for N, and all he wanted was the Light Stone? I guess so N can't get in the way of them to retrieve it, that makes sense. I was hoping he was going to need N for something important. Guess no.

Looker, you're awesome. Especially when managing a lead pipe. Bring on the pain!

The fact that Pikachu doesn't go into his Pokeball just drove me bananas. Of course Colress would target Pikachu due to that advantage.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A lot happened in this episode to advance the plot so I'm not going to mention that. However, I really enjoyed all of Ash's Pokémon working together to dig the tunnel as they got along so well.

Good episode, and now onto the finale of the arc!!!