• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma or Team Neo Plasma?

How is Team Plasma gonna appear

• Old Team Plasma

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • New Team Plasma

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost471

Old Team Plasma or Team New Plasma?

So at this point how do you think Team Plasma is going to appear in the anime once they finally debut? Do you think they will appear as the old Team Plasma from BW or maybe the new Team Plasma from B2W2?

They could appear as the old Team Plasma because of the episodes they were originally set to debut in. They have been banned but maybe they will still air them (probably altered) in the future.

But they could also appear as the new Team Plasma because of some of the other stuff we have seen from B2W2 in the anime and they usually like to promote stuff in the anime that's in the newest Pokemon game.

I personally think the old Team Plasma will appear but maybe they'll surprise us.

Ver-mont

If they do appear, I think it will be new Team Plasma. The anime is a vehicle to promote the games, they'll most likely focus on the most recent release.

LizardonX

Banned
The issue is the anime takes place during the timeframe of the first games. As a result neon team plasma hasn't been made yet. Id be disspointed if the next time we see Bianca she becomes a lab assistant with glasses if they go to retcon route.

Ver-mont

The issue is the anime takes place during the timeframe of the first games. As a result neon team plasma hasn't been made yet. Id be disspointed if the next time we see Bianca she becomes a lab assistant with glasses if they go to retcon route.

Technically, Team Plasma was never introduced in the anime, so they can go straight with the B2W2 Plasma.

Pippi

Cool
I think they'll use B/W2 Plasma, for reasons already stated. It makes much more sense.

Frost471

Technically, Team Plasma was never introduced in the anime, so they can go straight with the B2W2 Plasma.

Yup and not only that the games and the anime are different from each other. For example Team Rocket still hasn't disbanded, if everything would go according to the games they would have disbanded before the indigo league so the anime isn't really set in the time of 1 game. Both options are still possible

LizardonX

Banned
But there are continuity issues regarding characters that appear in both games since many of them have already been shown in the anime, Iris being the most glaring example.

But there are continuity issues regarding characters that appear in both games since many of them have already been shown in the anime, Iris being the most glaring example.

theres no continuity errors since the anime doesn't equal the games and characters can go different routes they can easily introduce neo plasma

Ver-mont

But the anime has a timeline of its own, it can mix up things from BW and B2W2, there's no problem about that.

An example: if they were strictly following BW's continuity, Ash would have faced Drayden as his last Gym challenge, but he faced Roxie instead.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
With either team, it's going to be insanely tricky with the amount of time we have, unless there is a filler saga.

Necro101

I think none. I think they won't appear at all because they tried to get them to appear once and (the title seemed cool like TR vs TP would of have been EPIC) it did not work... The anime is unfolding more like if TR is going to create Genesect and steal TP's spotlight.

RAWK ON hope this made sense...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think it'll be the newer Team Plasma

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I think we'll end up getting some sort of hybrid story between BW1 and 2. BW2's plot relies on BW1, but the writers are always going to want to promote the newer games*, so this way would make the most sense. TP will probably show up in their BW2 outfits, even if they're not exclusively doing stuff from BW2's plot.

*Okay, they almost completely dropped the ball with promoting Platinum, but BW2 has the advantage of not having another set of remakes to compete against for screentime.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Both. They already have character designs and scenes with Team Plasma in it, but New Team Plasma is better to advertise and looks better in general.

thunderblade12

I don't think we'll see either one at this point. Team Rocket will probably get some lazy send off and that'll be it for a "villain" arc this saga.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I'm going for the new team plasma on this one, if they'd appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.