1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Was anyone ese expecting Team Rocket to call Looker "boxed lunch guy" again?

Ghetsis' voice was ok, but I still would've preferred Clancy Brown as his VA

2. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but...
    Don't they say the Japanese equivalent of Boxed lunch guy in the final climax episode. It'll probably pop up there.

Anyways, Colress' voice actor was quite good.

3. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Well that is what they were to him test subjects

4. Virgil134

Virgil134 PMD Writer

So I finally got see the dub of this episode. I have to say, they did a good job with Colress' and Angie's voice. Ghetsis on the other hand.... Let's just say it could have been better lol. It's not a complete disaster but his voice is a little to deep for my taste.

I noticed James said the motto wrong once again. Seems like I was right about that error staying. Also did anyone else noticed the grunts called Angie "sir"? What is up with that?

5. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

In this episode, yes. But he uses that term after completing his tests, too.

It'd be like calling the lemons the "test subjects" of your lemonade.

6. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I was expecting it.

I didn't really like Colress's voice but I loved it when Team Rocket called Plasma "Team Weakling"

7. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Wait... Best Fishes! wasn't a typo?! That just makes it better. Oh Looker.

8. adamfitz

adamfitz poké-lover

And their blasting off again!
    Once I heard it I couldn't stop smiling
    I'm loving the new team rocket, comedic yet serious

Was nice to see axew using dragon rage and giga impact
    Only hope cilan would have sent out pans age, since the poor guy is left out

9. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Looker: Quick, everyone! The Building's exploding. Get into the small, flammable bushes for cover!

He didn't say that but he may as well have.

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

It gives the impression that Looker tries to look like a badass in those frozen shots.

Ha, I wasn't the only one.

11. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

So this episode had my smiling from ear to ear, I think I may have to go as far to say that this is one of the best episodes we have had in a while.

I particularly enjoyed the plot and I can't wait to see how Team Plasma develop it, and also I can't wait to see how Team Rocket act as the opposition. It was strange that they were actually doing something for themselves but it ended up helping Ash, Looker and Co. Speaking of Looker, I'm glad he has returned and the Best Fishes line was brilliant. It was a double take moment for me because I was asking myself afterwards if he really said it.

Anyway, my final note will be this; "We're Blasting off Again!!!" and onto the next episode :).

I think in the armed forces, most women leaders are also referred to as 'Sir' so it's not out of place in this episode.

12. Ah I loved this episode. And yay, Ghetsis~

However, Ive pronounced his name wrong the whole time! I said it as Gee-tis but they said it was Get-cis. I'm embarrassed. :[

13. Virgil134

Virgil134 PMD Writer

This is false. In the military female officers are referred as "ma'am" or by their rank , definitely not as sir.

14. adamfitz

adamfitz poké-lover

I pronounced ghetsis as, JET-SIS
    But I'm used to this I allways do this with pokemon names and the likes
    I never look really into the name just whatever I first hear it as I calk it that

I also didn't mind Angie been called sir seemed okay for me tbh

Also colress (who I pronounced right)
    He seems a lot more evil in the anime
    but maybe this will change when the plot continues

15. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

I found this to be one of the more intense episodes I've seen in a while. It was rather amusing to see Team Rocket play the role of hero to some extent.

16. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Pretty good episode. Nice to see Team Rocket saying, "We're blasting off again!" that was needed. As for the voices by Colress and Ghetsis, I think they were okay.

And Looker saying "Best Fishes!" lol. And Pikachu being controlled by Colress and then Ash helped Pikachu resist, I suppose it proves that Pikachu is impossible to be controlled.

17. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

This was a pretty generic episode, this plot has been used plenty of times in Pokemon before. Not really a strong debut for Plasma would've liked to seen more from them then just trying to control Pokemon by making them angry, TR actually stealing Colress's data was pretty smart, but could've done without the whole "blasting off" since it's been beaten into the ground at this point. 2 out of 5.

18. moneylesswario

moneylesswario Shudo's Powerhouses

Anyone else really hate that blast off scene at the end?

19. Virgil134

Virgil134 PMD Writer

I like to just pretend it didn't happen lol

20. moneylesswario

moneylesswario Shudo's Powerhouses

I wish I could do the same, but it's pretty hard to ignore for me. It brought down an otherwise decent episode for me..