• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

RVD_fan

Looker: Quick, everyone! The Building's exploding. Get into the small, flammable bushes for cover!

He didn't say that but he may as well have.
Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Though I thought Colress's VA was great, just the right combination of malice, morbid curiosity, and child-like glee.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
The dub did pretty well with this episode. Colress and Angie's voices I like. Ghetsis...well since I learnt who his VA is all I hear is Brock, need to hear it more in future episodes to come round to it. Im really starting to come round to the dub's serious yet comedic version of TRio, some of the lines they had were good. Especially the whole "Unova villains are too stupid to conquer Unova" I love that, gives that extra feel to the rivalry that wasnt in the Japanese version.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I just saw this episode recently and I was surprised to know that Colress was that evil, unlike in the games where he wasn't much evil. Can't believe I lost track of these episodes.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Ah, this was a much needed episode. Guess we can also throw BW23 and BW24 out the window (unfortunately) since this is the first time Ash and co. have met Looker and TP.

While I may be upset that TR didn't recognize Looker, they did appear briefly at the scene. So next time, they might recognize each other.

Also glad that they said "Were blasting off again!", it just isn't the same when they don't say it.

Colress' voice is great, and so is Angie's (wonder if the dub will call her by that name, though). Although, I'll need to get use to Ghetsis' voice.

Colress also may had evil intentions, but he still cares to bring out the power/potential of Pokemon. Y'all saw how sincerely impressed he was by Ash breaking Pikachu out of their control?

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
This is false. In the military female officers are referred as "ma'am" or by their rank , definitely not as sir.

I'm not honestly sure, but Angie wasn't the first. Hunter J was always referred to as "sir" by her henchmen.

Anyone else really hate that blast off scene at the end?

It was my favorite part, actually. The comedic TRio has always been my favorite characters on the show. And Wobbufet, of course.

NPT

Just a member
This was an awesome introduction of Team Plasma. After the cancellation of BW23 and BW24, this episode was much needed for Team Plasma to make their proper anime appearance.

Ghetsis seemed more evil than he was his game counterpart. Colress's portrayal was cool too, I liked how he manipulated the minds of the Pokémon with his mind-control machine. His english dub voice was great, it was even better than his voice in the BW2 game's english trailer In my opinion. Aldith was a cool female Team Plasma grunt too, she's the only one who had a doubt about Colress's behaviour. Also, she was hot.
I loved the scene where Ash stopped manipulated Pikachu from behaving out of control, it's nice to see the strong bond between them.

I liked how Team Rocket was both goofy and competent in this episode. I've always thought that Team Rocket's personality should be a mix between goofy/funny and competent instead of them being just goofy, but sadly Team Rocket went back to their goofy selves after the N arc. :/

Seeing Looker again was cool, it's kinda funny when he said "Best Fishes" at the end of the episodes(that was irony tbh).

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Too bad Looker hasn't appeared again after this episode, but at least there's hope of another return if they ever bring Team Flare to the show. I find it funny that in both this episode and Looker's last episode, Team Rocket managed to help save the day. In the last one, Carnivine learned vine whip to get everyone out of the pit. In this episode, they destroy the machine controlling the wild pokemon. Awesome. :) I wish Team Plasma hadn't blasted them off when they were making a clean getaway, though. :mad:. The whole thing with Pikachu being manipulated to turn on Ash reminded me a lot of "Pikachu Re-Volts" too, but at least Ash got Pikachu to snap out of it.

9/10

Not that it was any less neat to find out it was looker who was disguised as that old guy, but still I had a feeling he was going to make an appearance during this point in the show. I mean, he did help you in the games. Don't mean to compare two things with different sets of mechanics, though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Colress using technology to control pokemon including Ash's Pikachu and Iris' Axew reminded me of Butch and Cassidy's second scheme. ^^; I liked seeing Ghetsis' hologram and Looker's return as well. :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
So we finally got introduced to Achroma and some Plasma-dan grunts. I thought that Pikachu, Kibago, and those wild Pokemon ganging up on Satoshi and friends was pretty hardcore, although you'd think that Pikachu would be immune to mind control by now. Also, I liked that Handsome got involved here.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Personally, I thought Colress and Angie's dub voices were perfect. Ghetsis probably could have been better, but I didn't think it was bad either. I liked this episode, as well as Looker's appearance.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I guess once again I get to mention the recycled plot ideas. Basically, it was kind of a cross between "Pikachu Re-Volts" and the Lugia three-parter from the Whirl Islands, but I guess a lot of our newer viewers have no idea what I'm talking about.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was actually slightly disappointed that the writers went and made Achroma into such a generic mad scientist type of villain during this episode. I preferred how he was in the games since he was strange, yet not typically evil. The lack of subtlety with his character here was vexing.

Daizy

I call you honey
Aside from Team Plasma making their debut in the anime, this episode didn't stand out too much. Team Rocket played a significant role in this episode, although their interactions were borderline comedic again.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wow...Colress is a bit different in the anime then in-game...kinda sadistic in a way. o_O He was pretty frightening here, whereas in the game he was always a weirdo to me (not to say he still isn't in the anime.)
He's obsessed with brainwashing to a ridiculous degree and has pretty much turned him into an entirely separate character from the one in the game.

Which led me to joke this was the Pokemon: Brain Washing arc.

LOOKER!
TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!