• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

Looking at the episode, probably the TP girl grunt, I don't remember any other girls.

Did the Plasma Grunt Girl have a good role in this episode? I mean obviously Colress was the star of the Plasma group this episode but did she get a good amount of screen time? If they did bother to name her, you would think she would be somewhat important.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Did the Plasma Grunt Girl have a good role in this episode? I mean obviously Colress was the star of the Plasma group this episode but did she get a good amount of screen time? If they did bother to name her, you would think she would be somewhat important.

She seemed like she was ordering the other grunts around, so basicly second in command, seems like she migth be one of the main antagonist along with Ghetsis and Colress, probably an officer instead of a grunt.

TR was here to have set up to a future war with TP

Well, if this is the case, I hope they are a threat to them next time and don't allow Colress to step all over them like he did this episode.

She seemed like she was ordering the other grunts around, so basicly second in command, seems like she migth be one of the main antagonist along with Ghetsis and Colress, probably an officer instead of a grunt.

That's awesome. People were talking about how they wanted Zinzolin and The Shadow Triad to appear but it looks like she might take their place. Not to say that Zinzolin and The Shadow Triad won't show up at all but I think you're right that Ghetsis, Colress and Angie will be more important.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Now do you like that? Because I was talking to one of my friends on here who is a huge Colress fan and she hates what the anime is making him. I don't mind it but I am wondering how other people feel? Is it good that this Colress isn't like he is in the games?

He was portrayed like in the games, so... this is why we don't judge and complain about episodes we haven't seen yet, people.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oh so Team Rocket only deleted data? Either way they helped stop Team Plasma from using that facility by forcing Colress to self-destruct it. So that accounts for something. What I am curious about is if they mentioned anything about Looker.

Axew finally used Giga Impact wow. Now we must see Outrage and... Scratch... again.

So Colress was pretty turned on with Pikachu's power... so will he want to get Pikachu for his own later on? That may convince Team Rocket to try harder to capture Pikachu before Colress.

I do have to say that I liked seeing them tie up Meowth to stop him from going beserk. Too bad we didn't see any other TRio or Twerp pokemon. Would have liked to see Oshawott and Boldore like it shows in the opening.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Wow, such an awesome episode! I pretty much like everything shown its so cool!

I kind of felt sorry for the Galvantula as it looked worried when Colress was going to control it, which is scary in a way actually... ;~;
Oh look, they actually showed some parts of Floccesy Town, mainly just the Pokemon Center but at least it got covered a little, not the best place for Team Plasma to hide. XD

Hmm... Looks like Colress controls Pokemon in surroundings with clouds or something. Ah, scary Pikachu and Axew! Lol, Looker disguised hiker saved them with a mini cube thing. Man, at least Team Rocket are still looking and acting cool in my opinion. Haha, they locked Meowth up in case, I never thought about him.
Haha, I like how Ash is just running along on the lead thinking he can take on Team Plasma. Yes, they finally meet Team Plasma! Ash looks pumped up kind of...

They took control of Pikachu again, but he managed to break through the controlling thing by hearing Ash! Oh no, I guess Colress may go after Pikachu now too... -_-
Wow, Team Rocket were awesome they already messing with Team Plasma! Too bad they got away and blasted Team Rocket off. Awe, Ash says bye to the Pokemon freed. DX

At the Pokemon Center Ash, Iris and Cilan say bye to Looker. Man, pretty awesome episode! I like it all the way through.

Verdant

The scene in which the TRio blasted off was so pointless. It felt like they added it just because they want the TRio to blast off in every episode they appear in from now on.

I mean I don't mind if they blast off again but I do hate those scenes that are there just because the TRio has to blast off.

PokeMaster366

The scene in which the TRio blasted off was so pointless. It felt like they added it just because they want the TRio to blast off in every episode they appear in from now on.

I mean I don't mind if they blast off again but I do hate those scenes that are there just because the TRio has to blast off.

I saw the pictures, too, and I don't like TR being blasted off again. Kind of gives you an idea of what the TRio is going to be like in 6th gen, doesn't it? I'm just hoping that Pikachu doesn't get spammed so much in later episodes.

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, looks enjoyable to me.

I enjoyed Team Rocket through out it, they had their serious moments(Using high tech stuff to easy drop, getting in Plasma's business), and it looks like they had a comedic moment in the form of Meowth being tied up(Wasn't over the top or anything though, in another series Meowth probably would have scratched Jessie's and James' face off before being tied up, or he wouldn't get tied up and would just stop once Looker did his thing, Jessie and James would then proceed to fight Meowth). Their blast off looked dramatic with the faces, did they say the line this time? I was hoping they wouldn't blast off this episode, but I kind of figured Colress was going to go after them(Even jokingly saying that he was going to kill them...which...wasn't that far off).

I enjoyed Colress, I like his personality here, and it looked like he had a moment that he was very interested in Pikachu, and it looked like the female grunt said something that resulted in Colress having a pouty face, that's what it looked like to me at least. I'd like it if the female grunt has a more prominent role then the other grunts, for one, there isn't anyone noticeable from the group besides Ghetsis and Colress, the former I don't see having a big role any time soon, also, in the opening I believe she's the only female, plus she seemed more important in this episode then the other two grunts.

The stuff with Ash and that looks nice too, better once I know what's being said.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
This episode was a happy ending for Mienshao for once, as well for all the other Pokemon, so I'm glad about that. But I couldn't help but go WTF when I saw how big Mienshao was compared to Ash. I know it's "4'07" but that scene looked strange when Ash was talking to the escaped Pokemon towards the end...

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

It really does feel like Team Rocket is like Kanto Team Rocket again, serious mix with comical moments, I like that. Did they not remember Looker? The Ash and Looker meeting was pretty cool. Really looking forward to seeing in English dubbed.

gliscor&yanmega

It really does feel like Team Rocket is like Kanto Team Rocket again, serious mix with comical moments, I like that. Did they not remember Looker? The Ash and Looker meeting was pretty cool. Really looking forward to seeing in English dubbed.

I don't recall Team Rocket being serious at all in Kanto, they had that moment at their debut which quickly changed from serious to comedic. If anything, they were comedic with some serious moments.

LizardonX

Banned
At least the writers didn't butcher colress like they did so many others. The evil plot was resolved far too quickly to make room for fillers though.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Oh so Team Rocket only deleted data?

Nope, they stole the data. It damaged the system as well, but Achroma managed to back up everything important before they left. It's a bit unclear whether the Rockets got away with the data or not - it doesn't make that much sense for Plasma to just blow up their balloon and leave it at that, but there's nothing that indicates they didn't escape with the data, so...

(also, yes, Angie is the female grunt. She's never mentioned by name in the episode itself, though)

Last edited:

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
It's a bit unclear whether the Rockets got away with the data or not - it doesn't make that much sense for Plasma to just blow up their balloon and leave it at that, but there's nothing that indicates they didn't escape with the data, so...

I think the balloon was blown up with the expectation it'd kill the TRio. Colress is just not aware of their survival skills when it comes to these matters.

Janovy

Banned