• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

RickHoenn

Banned
Well, one thing this episode confirms is that Best Wishers TR vs TP two parter NEVER happened, Iris and Cilan were introduced to Looker, they didn't know who he was.. :p

This is the real and proper debut for Team Plasma, I'm happy they finally debut :D 10/10 I like this mix of TR but **** they were shot away XD

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Edit:Okay I'll take that it that the TRVSTP Did not occur yet because Iris & Cilan not yet knowing of Looker. But don't give up hopes for a Team Rocket VS Team Plasma, I don't think their Banned Yet, I think they are being turned into something big, maybe the movie where the Genesect must escape from Team Plasma's grasp and destroy or Terminate (like in Terminator Movies) Team Rocket for good with the help of Mewtwo. We won't know until this weekend or next week, if my guess that the final title for M16 will be called Team Rocket VS Team Plasma VS Extremespeed Genesect

Why would Genesect care about Rocket? And I doubt Mewtwo is going to show up, and even if he does, he wants nothing to do with Rocket anymore.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
-Cilan and Iris meet Looker for the first time.

I have a rather pertinent question: Why was this a surprise? I mean did anyone actually believe that they would recognize him? The writers have done a good job of ignoring the banned episodes; why would they suddenly reveal their existence by having Iris and Cilan recognize Looker from those episodes? I just don't get it to be honest. And yeah, we saw a couple of TR vs. TP scenes in the newest Opening, but those could just be from a rebooted version of the banned episodes that takes place after Looker's return, thereby filling in some plot holes.

SlimeStack

If you take into account the edits the dub made to BW22, it really doesn't seem like a significant plot hole, even if Team Rocket's buildup went to waste. It's simply an adventure that didn't concern Ash. The fishing episode was far messier and plot hole-y in my opinion.

fubufubu

the TRio is getting back to their old selves (albeit at a magcargo's pace) which makes the old adage true......."stick to the status quo"

the TRio is getting back to their old selves (albeit at a magcargo's pace) which makes the old adage true......."stick to the status quo"

Or they are preparing for them to leave the show. And you know, not everyone likes the older TRio. I think BW TR was a step in the right direction.

Or they are preparing for them to leave the show. And you know, not everyone likes the older TRio. I think BW TR was a step in the right direction.

I think this is TRio's final arc in the anime. They must be trying to get them to go out with a bang. (I'm probably wrong, though, but IDK).

I knew Brock was leaving at the end of the DP series. I always felt he was. XD.

fubufubu

TR didn't antagonize Ash every week in BW. They had Pokémon, situations, rivals, one episode villains, etc. act as the antagonists. They will probably do that again next saga.
getting rid of characters who have been cemented as the main antagonists since.....oh......day one?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Best Best Wishes episode in a long time. I like how Team Rocket came out of nowhere and hijacked Colress' program. I hope that they still have it after Colress shot a missile at the balloon. I would like to see more conflict between the two teams.

I'm glad Looker and Giga Impact made a return as well.

I don't know how Ash and the gang did it. I could not have carried Amoonguss. I already fear that line enough as it is. Adding to that, Axew used Giga Impact. How surprising was that? xD I'm too in love with Team Rocket's motto in Japanese, it's just too amazing. I did like how they stole information from Colress or whatever they did. But, I didn't like that they blasted off. :/

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yep, none of the characters have heard of the Plasma Gang before, Iris and Dent have never met Handsome before, certain scenes are taken right from BW23 (Handsome's introduction)... it's official by now that the plot hole back then is going to stay there unaddressed forever, with bits and pieces of BW23 and 24 being put into new episodes, and hopefully (and going with what Goltik said) the majority of the core BW23-24 plot being turned into a hopefully-not-too-altered retooling of their old selves.

I don't like it one bit, but endlessly complaining about it won't help matters.

I'll just toss in a quote of an earlier post of mine here, which has some theorizing/explanation about what's going on here:
Definitely. They already had two episodes completely ready to go, the entire point in keeping them around and editing them into their new position in the storyline would be to use as much of what they already had as possible. If they were going to rewrite them completely, they'd just have trashed them and made new episodes from scratch.

I think I have the explanation for why it took so long for them to air, too: We know that episodes go into production long before they air - 6 months+. Hence, Rocket VS Plasma was being worked on before Best Wishes even premiered, which is also before Black and White were released.

Back in DP, it took almost 100 episodes for the Galaxy plot to properly start. The reason for this is pretty obvious - the writers knew there was going to be a 3rd version in gen 4 which would feature an altered villain plot, and they didn't want to do too much with the original form of the villain plot until they knew what would happen in this 3rd version. As such, we just got a few episodes to remind us the evil team existed, as the writers stalled until they knew what would happen in Platinum and could write the Galaxy plot proper around that.

They would then repeat this in Best Wishes. We know from interviews that B2W2 wasn't conceptualized until AFTER Black and White had gone on sale, meaning that everything up to at least BW30 was written with no idea of what any further games would do with Plasma. The writers would give them a short intro two-parter in BW23-24 that didn't really concern itself with their game story, and then wait until they knew what the "3rd version" would do with Plasma until they wrote their proper story.

But then BW23-24 got skipped over due to the earthquake. We were told the episodes would be aired at a later date, but not much came from that... so I think the most logical answer is that there were plans to rework (or just outright air) them before too long, but the anime writing staff was given information on B2W2 before this happened, and they decided that since B2W2 featured an entirely different Plasma, it would be more practical to just keep these episodes on hold until B2W2 came out, reanimate the grunts, and use it as part of the storyline adapting the B2W2 Plasma plot, rather than airing them right away mostly as-is, and then having to work around the entire issue with two separate Plasma teams from two separate games.

Makes sense?

Yeah they did along with the Sinnoh music. Still not sure why they aren't the Kanto music but whatever

I wish they would use the Kanto music when they do the Kanto motto. It's going to sound weird in the dub when they say their Kanto motto with the Sinnoh music.

Kyrousa Izanami

The lazy noob
This episode is 9/10 I thought Team Rocket came to the lab to follow Looker blast offs doesn't need to happen in this episode it would be nice Team Rocket follows Looker to save Unova it is sadly they're not they have to encounter Ash's co to gain Ash's pokemon experience to evolve.

Verdant

I wish they would use the Kanto music when they do the Kanto motto. It's going to sound weird in the dub when they say their Kanto motto with the Sinnoh music.

It already sounds weird in the Japanese version.

I never got why they started to re use the Sinnoh music in the first place. I think they should have kept using the Unova music at least until Operation Tempest.