• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why did Ash recognize Looker though? Didn't the writers try to claim this series was a reboot?

I know he recognized Dawn but she was a main character and not just a side character like Looker.

Haunter ゴースト

Why did Ash recognize Looker though? Didn't the writers try to claim this series was a reboot?

I know he recognized Dawn but she was a main character and not just a side character like Looker.

Of all things to complain about, you chose this?

Ash has seen Dawn and Cynthia. Looker would be no different.

I can't believe you complained about this over the gaping plot hole in the series now.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
As others said it was an off-screen adventure.

As long as most of that episode is kept for a new ep with Giovanni it should be fine.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

No, they never tried to claim this was a reboot. EVER.

In the first episode, you can see Ash's accomplishments across his room. Muk appeared. Dawn appeared and mentioned Brock.

Nothing AT all ever suggested or even implied that it was a reboot

SlimeStack

No, they never tried to claim this was a reboot. EVER.

In the first episode, you can see Ash's accomplishments across his room. Muk appeared. Dawn appeared and mentioned Brock.

Nothing AT all ever suggested or even implied that it was a reboot

We really need a word for the thing where you want to start a fresh experience but retain the canon. Because BW/Gen V was that as opposed to a reboot.

I wish they would use the Kanto music when they do the Kanto motto. It's going to sound weird in the dub when they say their Kanto motto with the Sinnoh music.

Ironically, we had the same thing happen in "A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine!" back in Sinnoh, actually.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
We really need a word for the thing where you want to start a fresh experience but retain the canon. Because BW/Gen V was that as opposed to a reboot.

No, AG was the fresh start that preserved continuity. There's a clear difference to Hoenn's fresh beginning and what they did with BW.

gohan5

Irisboy
No, AG was the fresh start that preserved continuity. There's a clear difference to Hoenn's fresh beginning and what they did with BW.

Nice try, but BW is no different from AG in that respect. Serebii already went over the main points of why it's not a reboot, but BW is the same as AG minus Misty, Brock and Kanto. And even then AG didn't preserve continuity as you claim, as we had the BF and various contests.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok this episode was pretty good up until TR blasting off. That left a sour taste in my mouth.

But Kibago reusing Giga Impact was high light of this episode for me.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
-I expected a bit more from this episode but still I'm happy with what I got. Akuroma is absolutely creepy, his hard-on for Satoshi "bringing out the latent power" of Pikachu was just cringe-worthy. Though I still wonder whether Akuroma is morally gray or not, either way I liked his portrayal in this episode. The female Plasma grunt actually seemed somewhat important compared to most grunts so that was nice, I mainly was interested in her due to her role in the BW2 trailer and somewhat unique design.

-Kibago used Giga Impact, good to know he's capable of remembering moves he learns. Also glad to see Kibago actively participating in battles against the Plasma Pokemon alongside Pikachu, makes his future victories and achievements feel less forced and gives him some more battles he desperately needs.

-Meh...didn't care for Handsome too much, he honestly didn't interest me much this episode. I was hoping to see his Toxic Mouth frog debut and battle alongside him, I know he's one of the few characters in Pokemon skilled in hand-to-hand combat but still. He looked cool saving the gang from that Dragon Rage + Thunderbolt.

-Old Pokemon, awesome sauce. Koil and Golbat, always nice to see. This show also once again makes an ugly Pokemon cute-looking to me, I liked seeing Satoshi-tachi carrying those fainted Pokemon to the Center. More Kojondo in this show is also a good thing, especially, at least this time it wasn't used as death fodder for another fat Fighting-type.

Wish I could say more but everyone has pretty much captured mostly everything I've had to say, overall enjoyable episode.

Kibago used Giga Impact, good to know he's capable of remembering moves he learns. Also glad to see Kibago actively participating in battles against the Plasma Pokemon alongside Pikachu, makes his future victories and achievements feel less forced and gives him some more battles he desperately needs.

LOL I said the same thing. Seeing Giga Impact gave me hope for Axew again. The little guy was impressive here ^.^

Good episode. Had its high points, and its low points.

I'd give it a 82/100. Recommended.

PokeMaster366

LOL I said the same thing. Seeing Giga Impact gave me hope for Axew again. The little guy was impressive here ^.^

I'll save my praise for when Axew decides to show off Outrage again, but seeing as Close Combat got made to look less awesome and more attacks have been given the CG re-vamp, that time may be very far away. Maybe it'll happen during another 3-episode arc such as one where Iris and friends participate in the Dragon Village Tournament (and you know that tournament is going to come up after it was mentioned). They'll probably go through it when the group decides to go to Opelucid for more details on the Tao Trio.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
...TR, I have lost all faith in you.

Seriously, though, the episode was pretty good...until the blastoff. WHAT is so funny about blasting off?

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I'll save my praise for when Axew decides to show off Outrage again, but seeing as Close Combat got made to look less awesome and more attacks have been given the CG re-vamp, that time may be very far away. Maybe it'll happen during another 3-episode arc such as one where Iris and friends participate in the Dragon Village Tournament (and you know that tournament is going to come up after it was mentioned). They'll probably go through it when the group decides to go to Opelucid for more details on the Tao Trio.
Dragon Village Tournament? :O When was that mentioned? Only time I remember any type of tournament involving the D-Village was the one where Iris's past with Doryuzu was revealed.

gohan5

Irisboy
Dragon Village Tournament? :O When was that mentioned? Only time I remember any type of tournament involving the D-Village was the one where Iris's past with Doryuzu was revealed.

I think that's the one he means, though we have no idea when they are held or if the group is even ever going to all return to the Village of Dragons.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
certain scenes are taken right from BW23 (Handsome's introduction

Just wanting to correct you: Looker was never going to be introduced in that manner in BW23, a Pokemon Smash clip showed that he entered the episode meeting Juniper and Jenny. He'd introduce himself to Iris and Cilan when they all regrouped, yes, but the whole hiker disguise and dramatic reveal that we got here wasn't ever going to be in BW23 at all.

gliscor&yanmega

...TR, I have lost all faith in you.

Seriously, though, the episode was pretty good...until the blastoff. WHAT is so funny about blasting off?

I don't think they intended it to be for humor purposes(At most it's slapstick humor). The scene seemed fairly dramatic with their faces, it may just be a trait they want to retain from the olden days so they can do a mixture for Team Rocket. It's different then most of the time when they would blast off and talk with each other for a few seconds, which was clearly for comedic reasons.