• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Just wanting to correct you: Looker was never going to be introduced in that manner in BW23, a Pokemon Smash clip showed that he entered the episode meeting Juniper and Jenny. He'd introduce himself to Iris and Cilan when they all regrouped, yes, but the whole hiker disguise and dramatic reveal that we got here wasn't ever going to be in BW23 at all.

I know that. But the scene where he introduces himself properly and shows off his badge and all that is taken straight from BW23.

RVD_fan

It was OK...I like how Colress isn't portrayed as completely evil and dark where he 'gasmed when he saw how powerful the bond between pokemon and trainer could be...but that's about it...
I think he was excited about that power and is probably going to try and create even stronger mind control devices.

I thought this episode was a pretty solid intro, but it had some issues. There was a lot going on so it's understandable that not everything got time to develop, but I thought the whole intrigue of Pikachu and Axew being controlled was finished too fast. Also, the Team Plasma members didn't exactly look threatening, I get that they're grunts but since there are no higher ups like in Team Galactic, you should make the grunts look more capable.

Also, I'm not sure why it took me until this episode, but I was bothered by Axew spamming Dragon Rage. I don't want this to turn into Iris hate, but it really does give the impression that the writers couldn't be bothered to actually show Axew having any growth so they make him totally weak but give him one power move that basically solves all its problems.

Also, was I the only one hoping Cilan might catch an Amoongus? He really needs a second grass type.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Serebii, what's your opinion on the plot hole in the anime now?

You keep talking about "plot holes," but I only see one and it's really not a big issue. Episodes have been skipped over in the past, so why should the TR vs. TP episodes be any special? We're basically getting a longer version of those episodes in Episode N since the plot revolves around Team Plasma and Team Rocket fighting each other. I fail to see the problem and again, it was silly to believe that Iris and Cilan would recognize a character they met in a skipped episode because the events from those episodes never happened.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Also, I'm not sure why it took me until this episode, but I was bothered by Axew spamming Dragon Rage. I don't want this to turn into Iris hate, but it really does give the impression that the writers couldn't be bothered to actually show Axew having any growth so they make him totally weak but give him one power move that basically solves all its problems.
At least Axew used Giga Impact again... we still don't know the fate of Outrage

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think he was excited about that power and is probably going to try and create even stronger mind control devices.

I thought this episode was a pretty solid intro, but it had some issues. There was a lot going on so it's understandable that not everything got time to develop, but I thought the whole intrigue of Pikachu and Axew being controlled was finished too fast. Also, the Team Plasma members didn't exactly look threatening, I get that they're grunts but since there are no higher ups like in Team Galactic, you should make the grunts look more capable.

Also, was I the only one hoping Cilan might catch an Amoongus? He really needs a second grass type.

Eww no, seriously no he doesn't, he isn't a grass type master. Plus James already has that pokemon so...

Nightstar1994

I don't even understand why they bothered with Looker. Is the character himself popular in Japan or something? I never understood the fascination with him.

He's just a male Officer Jenny to be honest.

Because it's Looker for the hell's sake. One of best Pokemon characters ever! And he has got the Taijutsu skills.

Janovy

Banned
I wonder if they decided this saga to be called Best Wishes merely so Cilan could use it at departures? xD

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Pfft okay :p

I don't think we need anymore shout outs xD At first I thought it was just a thing between him and his brothers, but then he started spamming it :p

Yes because the whole world needs to hear BEST WISHES ON YOUR JOURNEY in Mamoru Miyano's voice. :3

He still saluted njskdkdjdkdkd it reminded me of my dad saluting that guy at school who greets you. Srsly they do that everytime, it's hilarious.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I saw the episode:
+ This arc is going to get really intense against Team Plasma.
+ Team Rocket stole, not simply destroyed, the data from Team Plasma's computer. I mean, why Team Rocket would destroy a weapon that it can be useful for them? They want to conquer the world, just like Team Plasma; so they don't just "eliminate the competition", but steal their work and use it as their own after eliminate them. I really hope to see the war between Team Rocket and Team Plasma; and therefore, the banned episodes of their first battle. I hope the war will end with Ash and N (possibly using Zekrom and Reshiram's power) defeating both teams once and for all, in similar way as how Team Magma and Team Aqua battled each other until the heroes were able to stop them once and for all.
+ (*Nostalgic sigh*) Team Rocket shouting their "We're blasting off again!!" after so much time. How I missed it! It's true what they say, you never appreciate what you have until you lose it.

Cobalt_Latios

+ (*Nostalgic sigh*) Team Rocket shouting their "We're blasting off again!!" after so much time. How I missed it! It's true what they say, you never appreciate what you have until you lose it.
Noooooo...

Oh well, I guess it's at least better that it was a team that could actually cause them some issues, rather than just Ash actually being responsible for it. So, I'm not too annoyed by this.

...Yes, I was very happy with TR not blasting off. But I guess all good things must end.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
Okay, I have a question as I haven't actually seen the episode but only the screenshots. If Colress is being portrayed as he is in the games, then why is he for capturing Pokemon and using machines to take away their free will? That doesn't sound like something Colress' video game counterpart would do. He even says in the games he didn't even like Ghetsis from the start.

I know I possibly might be missing something that I'm not getting by looking at screenshots, but I'm just a little confused here because of his actions in this episode.

Janovy

Banned
Okay, I have a question as I haven't actually seen the episode but only the screenshots. If Colress is being portrayed as he is in the games, then why is he for capturing Pokemon and using machines to take away their free will? That doesn't sound like something Colress' video game counterpart would do. He even says in the games he didn't even like Ghetsis from the start.

I know I possibly might be missing something that I'm not getting by looking at screenshots, but I'm just a little confused here because of his actions in this episode.
Here's a quote from the game:

"Team Plasma said we should recognize the potential in Pokémon and liberate them from humans. I disagree. Conversely, it should be humans who bring out the hidden potential in Pokémon!"

Another quote:

"Welcome! I was asked by an acquaintance to help with his research. What I desire is to bring out the entirety in Pokémon potential! If I can accomplish that, I don't care what it takes! If it means the strength must be brought out by the interactions between Pokémon and Trainers, then so be it! If it means you have to use a merciless approach, like Team Plasma's, and force out all of the Pokémon's power, then so be it! And yes, if the entire world is destroyed as a result, then so be it.."

Basically, Colress is willing to do, WHATEVER it takes to bring out the true strength out of a Pokémon.

Also, not sure if you have heard about it, but Colress expressed joy and excitement when Pikachu broke free from mind control thanks to Ash calling for him. That is completely in-character as that is how he's supposed to act.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yep. He was overjoyed about Pikachu managing to break free from the system through the power of friendship to the point where Angie yelled at him for obviously not caring the slightest about how this was bad for their plans.

He's portrayed exactly like he should be.

Janovy

Banned
Yep. He was overjoyed about Pikachu managing to break free from the system through the power of friendship to the point where Angie yelled at him for obviously not caring the slightest about how this was bad for their plans.

He's portrayed exactly like he should be.
Alright, thanks for confirmation!

Hopefully they develop upon Colress's ideals and we get to see more of his fascination of Pokémon/trainer bond.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
Thanks for clearing that up. Makes more sense now. Although, when I initially heard that first line, I didn't think he was going to try to accomplish that through a forceful method like in this episode, but I digress.

Anyway, since Colress is my favorite character in B&W 2, I'm curious to see what the writers will do with him in the future. Assuming Ash and Co. directly confront Ghetsis at some point and only focus on stopping him, will that leave Colress and the rest of TP to decide what they should do next? Or will he be arrested or something? The way things are now, it looks like the latter is likely, but you never know. But either way, I also would like to see how they continue to handle his character.