• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Purple! (Hyper offensive[?] subway team)

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Not sure if it's actually hyper offense, but it's based on all-out power. And my whole team is (coincidentally) purple.

:635: ;472; ;091;

:635:
Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Modest
Levitate
4HP/252SAtk/252Spe
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
I always send Hydreigon out first and he commonly sweeps full teams. Occasionally a bulky water will get in the way, which I don't have any great counter for. Vaniluxe is annoying too, as even a Focus Blast doesn't take it down. Fighting types are no big deal because I can just switch into Gliscor. I like Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse at the moment, but I don't really use it all that often.

;472;
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish
Poison Heal
236HP/200Def/72Spe
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
Generic bulky physical Gliscor wall. Usually a switch-in for a Hydreigon threat. He's great against anything except ice beam, and a certain Dynamicpunch-haxing Machamp I encountered once. Protect lets him guarantee that he won't get hit by any other status while he waits for the Toxic to settle in, or just to heal. Then he sets up on a physical attacker, using Swords Dance. EQ is amazing STAB and Ice Fang is for good coverage, especially taking down dragons.

;091;
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Skill Link
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
Cloyster is my revenge killer. I rely on no sandstorm, no multi-hit moves, and no priority moves, but none of that is really all that common in the Subway anyways. After a Shell Smash, Cloyster wrecks almost anything except a few steels, but that's what Razor Shell is for. Actually, I don't really like Razor Shell and I'm thinking of switching it for Ice Shard for priority, or for Hydro Pump for a special move (Special attack gets doubled after a Smash so the Jolly Nature doesn't matter all that much). Please tell me what you think I should do with it.

That's my team. My only big weaknesses are bulky Water types and some ice types. Tentacruel is a huge terror because it carries Ice Beam and outspeeds my Gliscor, but it can be taken down if I revenge kill it with Cloyster. Bulky Fighting types like Conkeldurr are a problem as well, but only if Gliscor is down.

chap196

For Hydreigon
You can put Life Orb as a option to gain 1.3 Special Attack on all Attack, but you need to lose 1/10 of your HP when you Attack.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Life Orb is the recommended item for Hydreigon anyway, as with it, it is a total monster!

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Actually, ignore my last statement. You hit most everything for se damage and you want the durability.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Do you need every member to be purple? If not , Breloom can easily help with Bulky Water Types like so.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
• Poison Heal
• Adamant
• 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb

Although outclassed by most Technician sets , with this you can easily take a hit and hit back.

If you use that , get rid of Gliscor imo.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Hmm, I'll consider it. The purple thing was purely coincidence after I saw the smileys. I've been wanting to train a breloom for a while. But no Spore?

Also, do you think this would be a good idea as well over gliscor? I already have one EV trained:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold, I think, maybe Relaxed
Regenerator
252HP/200Def/56SDef
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Psych up
- Slack Off

I'm not really sure why I have Psych up on him; I might change that to Calm Mind.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I'd use Bulk Up/Spore/Seed Bomb/Mach Punch with Technician. This Breloom is great at messing with Physical Walls.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Hm, I'm seriously considering doing that. What item should I give it?

I just finished EV training a Heatran so I might not train the Breloom for a while but it'll definitely be next.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Toxic Orb/Black Sludge and Poison Heal, actually, not Technician.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Swords Dance is always a better setup move anyways , so now that I think of it , run Max Spe instead and SD > Bulk Up. Bullet Seeed is also more powerful than Seed Bomb most of the time with Technician.

Slowbro can use Calm Mind better. Flamethrower could be used instead of Psyshock , as it hits Grass and Bulky Steel Types harder.