• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Radiant Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
1. Name: GolemGuy (IGN Shrugs)
2. Friend Code: 1033-1129-8591
3. Battling Experience (Be sure to include usage of EVs, IVs etc): I've known what IVs and EVs are for a long time now, but never really understood their importance until recently. I know fully well how to EV train, and present my 252/252/6 Adamant Sharpedo (trained in Physical Attack with a moveset of Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake, and Crunch) as evidence of this fact. I bred for it's nature, and released quite a few Carvanhas before I got an Adamant one. From there, it took me little time to fully EV train it, although I used several Pomeg berries because I kept going over on Bidoofs. I have yet to breed for IVs, though. I actually never have battled competitively.
4. Hacking: When I was a n00b, I hacked my Diamond. Nothing too bad except for the 99 of all TMs cheat, which I freely admit is the reason why my IG Altaria and Latias know Dragon Pulse. I will never use these two, however. I do frequently clone in my Emerald game if you consider that hacking.

Kai678

Umbreon Trainer
1. Name: GolemGuy (IGN Shrugs)
2. Friend Code: 1033-1129-8591
3. Battling Experience (Be sure to include usage of EVs, IVs etc): I've known what IVs and EVs are for a long time now, but never really understood their importance until recently. I know fully well how to EV train, and present my 252/252/6 Adamant Sharpedo (trained in Physical Attack with a moveset of Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake, and Crunch) as evidence of this fact. I bred for it's nature, and released quite a few Carvanhas before I got an Adamant one. From there, it took me little time to fully EV train it, although I used several Pomeg berries because I kept going over on Bidoofs. I have yet to breed for IVs, though. I actually never have battled competitively.
4. Hacking: When I was a n00b, I hacked my Diamond. Nothing too bad except for the 99 of all TMs cheat, which I freely admit is the reason why my IG Altaria and Latias know Dragon Pulse. I will never use these two, however. I do frequently clone in my Emerald game if you consider that hacking.

Welcome to the team GolemGuy! Adding you to the memberlist now. Hope you enjoy your stay.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Thank you very much, Kai678.

*snoops around thread to try to find a way to help out*

Ah! Someone needs a Calm Mind TM! Well, I have one in my Emerald ready to clone!

Actually, I might as well make a list of all the TMs I have ready for cloning and giving away:

Focus Punch
Dragon Claw
Calm Mind
Roar
Toxic
Hail
Bulk Up
Taunt
Ice Beam
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Brick Break
Rock Tomb (as if)
Aerial Ace
Torment
Facade
Rest
Attract
Skill Swap
Snatch (same)
Overheat

I also have Return, Water Pulse, and Bullet Seed, but no one uses those/they're easily avalible elsewhere.

Oh, and I can also clone Leftovers, Master Balls, Everstones, Silk Scarfs, White Herb, Deepseascale, PP Ups, and Macho Braces.

Just so you know.

Earthquake will also be avalible upon my beating this stupid Ruby mono-ground challenge.

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
First and foremost, welcome to the clan Golem Guy,

Now off to business: Golem Guy, could you and I strike up a deal? I am in need of a few things and since you clone items it may be beneficial to ask you.

If you read my previous post, you will know that I am going to make an attempt at RNG abuse for IVs, and maybe one day shinnies although I actually do not like shiny pokemon.

Now this goes out to all members: I am looking for a few items to make this whole process easier, now if any of you could help me that would be great:

1. Rare Candies (as many as I can find)
  2. A master ball or two
  3. A very good ditto, nature doesn't matter, only IVs (Although I may just find an emerald cart and practice the RNG abuse to capture that, however if you have one then please help me out)

The reason for all this is that part of the process involves me quickly capturing a pokemon and checking IVs without saving. Now that means instead of taking 5 minutes to IV battle, I need to use rare candies and do it the old fashioned way.

So if you feel like you want to make a deal and trade for some of these things I am more than willing to comply. As always PMs are welcome and preferred.

Once again, I thank you in advance for all your help, especially if you choose to take this little investment: like anything if I fail, then we wasted a lot of time, but if I pull it off then the benefits should be pretty big.

Oh yeah, and battles are welcome today as well, I have some free time this morning.

Last edited:

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Ok, gotcha.

How many of each item should I import today? I suppose I could try the glitch that allows you to import multiple times to get 24 importations, but Lv. 25 is a bit too low, and you need Master Balls too, don't you?

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
2 master balls will suffice, and I by no means would want everything i need in a lump sum (that would be time consuming and stupid). My idea is to get what I need in a series of mini-deals. If I don't spread the time out it will just become one big frustration. And as for rare candies, that is going to be the worst part of the process, since I have no idea of how many i need and due to the sheer volume of the task will have to get those on my own.

To put it in perspective, even if I caught a pokemon at level 50 for the calibration process, that is still 25 levels until I am in range for pretty accurate IV reads and 50 levels away from certainty (which is a crap process)

And that doesn't even account for IV checking the product pokemon... which I don't want to think about.

Last edited:

The Kai

Slice 'n Dice
I would lend myself to the war efforts, but due to UU/NU becoming my speciality, I can only expect to crash and burn when confronted with OU again.

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
I'm game for a battle, I know I responded rather late to your post, but just send me a message or something to schedule a time.

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
Ok, a couple of updates for everyone who is interested, and so that people know what my plans are for the next couple of weeks so here we go.

First and foremost, this is my last post until after 5 P.M tomorrow evening. I have an exam today and a paper due tomorrow which will be taking the bulk of my time, plus if you haven't heard me blather about it before I do love lifting, which means my time is even more limited. If I finish my paper early I'll let you all know and will gladly battle or do whatever you need.

Now as for the direction of the clan: We now have 9 members and are 1 shy of being able to make the switch to "competitive" but with Kai enjoying NU/UU and the fact that it is less reliable I may hold off on the initial request. If this idea bothers you or that the majority thinks I should act differently then by all means I am open for suggestion. Just believe me when I say that I want nothing more for this clan to be more active and more competitive (since anyone who knows me from before can attest to my competitive spirit) I just want to do whats best for the clan as a whole. Regardless I am still getting our name out there, its just not going as well as I had hoped.

In addition to this I have a reading week next week (i.e my classes are all canceled) in preparation for examinations. Now because I have fewer exams, due to having 2 of them early, I will be using that time to work on updating the face of the clan (finally). So if you enjoy making userbars or have any imput on what you would like to see in the clan please feel free to PM me your ideas. Most of the changes if not all will be aesthetic, but again I am open to suggestions.

My final thing is my update on the whole RNG breeding experiment I am undertaking. The plan if everything goes right is to begin and be ready by mid-late December. Why you ask? Because I will not have access to my VMWare Fusion, and as such access to the calculators until I go home. So in the mean time if any of you can help me by trading with me for certain things I would much appreciate that. Plus if all goes smoothly (and it never does) I shall be using it to finally open a legitimate shop. However, for the time being I may just take requests and do them out of the kindness of my heart. Why? Because TheKai bred most of my pokemon and didn't ask for a thing, I feel obligated to do the same if it is in my power. I may make a minimum activity requirement for request but I am getting ahead of myself.

And just to throw it out there again: Rare Candies and a good IV ditto are still on my list (Master ball would be nice too but I have a blank diamond file so that means I have at least one at my disposal). If I get enough support I may give my old Shiny Agility-Gross (its ev'd in attack and speed, but it is from a time before I really used IVs).

Ok, so that about covers everything. Until Later!

Last edited:

The Kai

Slice 'n Dice
I'm more than willing to fight in OU for the sake of the clan progression.

Also, any specific IVs you want in the Ditto's? Im sure I have a few with 31 IV pairs in the relevant stats.

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
I'm more than willing to fight in OU for the sake of the clan progression.

Also, any specific IVs you want in the Ditto's? Im sure I have a few with 31 IV pairs in the relevant stats.

At this point its one of those, the more the merrier kind of deals, the more IVs it has at Max the more useful it is, luckily here nature is not a factor.

Also it isn't a matter of just you playing in OU or UU its just that I would like to see a more active turn out before making the switch. As much as I hate to say it, I do feel patience is key here, once we get some more members, if I manage to have a reliable flow of IV pokemon that doesn't put anyone out then we will be in a better spot. The clan is the reason I am so interested in mastering the RNG. Its not a certainty, but at this point I am willing to try anything. Needless to say I want to make the switch, but part of the deal is knowing when is the right time to do it. I am sure we can have some more members if we make the switch but its a matter of gamboling that I don't want to risk.

My goal is to have enough people to be relatively self sufficient for war rosters, and then as we add members the "security" will only grow. But to act any faster would be banking on something that isn't a certainty.

However what would be crazy cool is the amount of fun we could have with quick access to relatively good IV pokemon. Can you say little cup tournament haha just for kicks. Again, I have no real experience with any of that, but the prospect and the walls that tears down would be crazy awesome.

Kai678

Umbreon Trainer
If members are an issue, we could try a Leaders VS Leaders format couldn't we? For now until we have more battle ready members?

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
Its not a problem now you know, but in the other section its best to come prepared. This is not as big a deal as it sounds

What I didn't want people to say was: Hey we are getting close to 10 people when are we going to switch to competitive. This is just my way of saying that I am on the case, and its important for everyone to get a picture of what is going on. If only because I really want people to be involved. If people have an invested interest in the clan, its not something thats blown of. Plus I remembered how much I didn't like having to wait for CookieCutter to change things and never really kept us updated. Nothing against him, it is just a difference in philosophy and leadership style.

Again, its just my way of keeping people informed not only of the current situation but where I would like to see things go.

Edit: I am around for battles for a little while! I have finally finished my paper and have a "reading week" in preparation for exams! In essence I don't have anything to do!

Last edited:

Kai678

Umbreon Trainer
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me with the lead of a team I'm working on. I'm planning on making a Rain Dance team and this is the lead I've got now:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly

-Rain Dance
-Taunt?
-
-

I'm not too sure which EV's or moves I should go with.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Alright guys, two questions.

First, I need a spread for a Machamp that can survive a significant Flying/Psychic attack with 81.25% health remaining beforehand and a Bulk Up.

Second, in case you're wondering, this is a Machamp set with Substitute/Bulk Up/Dynamic Punch/Payback. However, I might wish to do away with Subby and instead have a Pokemon that can fling Subs at it with Baton Pass. Any suggestions?

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
Well first of all I think that you are going to need to realize one thing:
Flying moves are relatively rare, especially because togekiss is down in popularity. Psychic moves are also rare.

I don't usually calculate percentages however the amount of EV investment compared to the base stats would not offer you much left in terms of attack. Even the bulk ups would not save you from psychic, especially with zen headbutt being a rarity.

As for flying you only have to worry about Skamory in OU and perhaps... if you look hard enough a Staraptor (brave bird). I would not worry so much about them, but rather have your remaining team members be equipped to handle those tasks.

Might I suggest a usage change, perhaps you could work your team to involve either sub-passing and/or paralysis support.

This set does need some speed because you will be foiled by almost anything in OU that outspeeds you.

Status
Not open for further replies.