• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rai

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Team Rai

Indroduction
Heloo serebii raters! Once again I have made a successful gimmick team. Team Rai is based round Raichu. It does not have the best stats but has ok speed. The team hits hard and due to people not seeing Raichu in ou they don't know it's real threat.

The team

tumblr_mj7refd9Dt1r5fhkdo1_500.gif

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam

Politoad is used to get rain up so other members can abuse it. It also stops sun teams from sweeping. I went with a bulky set so politoad would survive longer and stall pokes after toxic is used. Toxic is used to deal with stall types or even to get rid of ttar, hip and ninetails. Perish song is used to stop baton pass teams and other set ups which can be a pain. Perish song is a very important move for this team since baton pass can tear it apart. scald is used to burn pokes like ferrothorn in switch ins. Since scald has a good chance of burning pokes, this can cripple pokemon like scizor. this means tenta can sub can take damage while in sub to stall them. Ice beam is used to deal with dragons which can be a big threat to the team. the evds are on sp def and hp to make it bulky and lefties is used to recover hp.

tumblr_m2abt4lGgZ1ql5an1o1_500.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Superpower

Dragonite has to be one of the best dragons in ou due to multiscale. Dragonite is used as a late sweeper but can be used at the start to help raichu sweep. Dragonite is also used to stop eq from hitting my pokemon. Extreamespeed is used to hit hard and first. As I said before dragonite is a late sweeper which finish off a lot of pokes with extremespeed. Thanks to choice band this can hit really hard. Earthquake is used as a filler move. I used it to hit scizor so I don't lose defense by using super power. Outrage is used to finish off slow pokes which can live extremespeed. Superpower is used to deal with ferrothorn which is a pain sometimes if I can't burn it. It can be used to finsh off pokes which are weakness fighting. The evds are 252 attack so it can hit hard. 252 on speed to make him outspeed a lot of pokes while hitting hard. the nature is jolly to give it 290+ speed. Choice band is used to hit pokemon hard without giving dragonite dragon dance.

tumblr_mmx7suVa871s5h198o1_500.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Softboiled

Chansey plays a big part in my team. First of all it sets up rocks which means Raichu can ko a lot of pokes without worrying about sash or pokes living on low hp. Next it checks rotom w which can be a pain unless I bring Raichu out to get +1 sp atk from thunderbolt or volt switch. Chansey set is pretty plain but hey it's the best movepool for this team. seismic toss is used to hurt pokes and break subs. Toxic is used to ruin stall pokemon and to poison rotom w. Sotboiled is used to recover hp. evds are simple 252 hp to give it full hp and 252 def to make it live physical attacks. 4 sp def to boost it even more. eviolite to boost sp def to make chansey a bulky poke.

tumblr_mmkrur2GNE1qhd8sao1_500.gif

Raichu (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Here is the star of the team. after dealing with all the pokemon faster than raichu and getting rid of spikes and sr this pokemon can set up and sweep. Thunder is used to abuse the rain and hit really hard. thunder can ko a lot of pokes after sr. Nasty plot is to boost sp atk and sweep the remaining pokemon. focus blast is used to deal with ferrthorn who can wall thunder and hp ice. Hidden power ice is used to deal with garchomp or any other flying or dragon poke. the evds are 252 sp atk to make it ko pokes. 252 speed to make it out speed a lot of ou pokes. timid nature for the same reason. To make Raichu sweep you have to remove the faster pokes and get rid of sr and spikes even tho if you switch in on a electric move it can sweep then thanks to the boost. once raichu gets nasty plot up it can sweep anything that can't wall it such as chansey but hey thats why toxic spikes is used and sr to ruin stall. sash is used to let raichu set up and survive a hit. sash can be used to deal with a big threat such as dd gyra which has set up. this means raichu can ko it with thunder but it loses sash.

tumblr_m5xkwpTRH61qd87hlo1_500.gif

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Here is my main support for raichu. without a rapid spinner there is no point in even trying to set up raichu as sash won't work. substitute is used to stop leech seed uses like ferrothorn and stall moves that can't break the sub. scald is used to burn scizor and ferrothorn. toxic spikes is used to poison pokes which switch in and ruin stall. rapid spin is used to get rid of sr and spikes. evds are 252 hp to make it bulky. 240 def to make sub not break from psychical moves and 16 speed to make it faster than toad, ttar and breloom. tenta abuses rain with rain dish and black sludge s used to stop trick poke.

tumblr_mdgijx00N21ri6ciso1_r1_500.gif

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo is my main rain abuser. i gave keldeo choice scarf to make it deal with the fast pokes that outspeed raichu. with rain up hydropump is a deadly move which can ko most pokes with or without sr. secret sword is used to deal with steel types like ferrothorn or pokemon like gastrodon. surf is used to make sure i can't miss and i can ko the poke without using hydro. hidden power ice is used to deal with dragons like dragonite who resist hydro. evds are 252 sp atk to make it hit hard and 252 speed to make it outspeed most ou pokes. timid and choice scarf are needed to stop fast pokes from stopping raichu from sweeping.

Ranking.

raichu_ou.png

Raichu ou gimmick's rating: 1881 → 1909
(+28 for winning)

Raichu ou gimmick's rating: 1909 → 1945
(+36 for winning)

Raichu ou gimmick's rating: 1945 → 1985
(+40 for winning)

lost pro

rai_ou.png

rairai.png

1892.png

1902.png

Videos

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-oucurrent-38563181
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-oucurrent-38659511
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-oucurrent-38663166
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-oucurrent-38667737

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-oucurrent-38669092
Upload some good ones later.​

Last edited:
Your acre is not accurate until your provisional drops to 100 or lower. For example my acre was 2200 until I hit 100, then it dropped to like 1900. You need around 20+ matches to do that, and around 30 to actually leaderboard. In other words your acre at 8-0 isn't even worth mentioning.

This team is about as good in OU as Metagross is. Anyhow you probably want to run Raichu but keep in mind Thundurus-T can run the exact same set with vastly better stats. It can even run Life Orb > Focus Sash because unlike Raichu it isn't so goddamn awful that it needs it. Also +0 LO Thundurus hits about 90% as hard as +2 Raichu. So yeah there's that. Ok I guess it would give you a 2x Stealth Rock weakness but you clearly expect rocks to be off the field for Dnite and Sash Raichu anyway.

Terrakion basically shits your team so maybe run Celebi over Chansey? This is as much advice as you will get from me.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Your acre is not accurate until your provisional drops to 100 or lower. For example my acre was 2200 until I hit 100, then it dropped to like 1900. You need around 20+ matches to do that, and around 30 to actually leaderboard. In other words your acre at 8-0 isn't even worth mentioning.

This team is about as good in OU as Metagross is. Anyhow you probably want to run Raichu but keep in mind Thundurus-T can run the exact same set with vastly better stats. It can even run Life Orb > Focus Sash because unlike Raichu it isn't so goddamn awful that it needs it. Also +0 LO Thundurus hits about 90% as hard as +2 Raichu. So yeah there's that. Ok I guess it would give you a 2x Stealth Rock weakness but you clearly expect rocks to be off the field for Dnite and Sash Raichu anyway.

Terrakion basically shits your team so maybe run Celebi over Blissey? This is as much advice as you will get from me.
Yeah going keep doing battles to make it drop. metagross is good i use it in my main team lol sweeps a lot of people :p not ran into terrkion yet. i try celebi since it can use rocks too

thanks

Edit

1902.png

all done 41 battles think we truly know the ladder sucks. with torn t this team would be deadly.

Last edited: