• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rate/Help

Suicunerider

wave requiem
I'm putting the finishing touches on my team, but there are a couple of things not quite decided. A rating would be appreaciated on a scale of 1-10 as well.

The second item is for under the item clause.

Suicune
Bold w/lefties

Roar
Surf
Ice Beam
Calm Mind

Mismagius
Timid w/lefties/salac berry

Thunderbolt
Shadowball
Destiny Bond
Will-O-wisp/magical leaf/flamethrower?

Weavile
Jolly w/choice band

Ice Punch
Brick Break
Night Slash
Pursuit/Aerial Ace?

Gallade
Adamant w/lefties/shell bell

Hypnosis
Leaf Blade
Close Combat
Psycho Cut

Steelix
Relaxed w/lefties/iron orb

EQ
Stone Edge
Toxic
Explosion

Togekiss
Modest w/lefties/brightpowder

Softboiled
Tri Attack
Air slash
Thunder wave

All constructive input is welcome.

GreenDragonite149

OH! WHAT NOW
please post ev's as no one can accurately rate your team without them.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
I'm putting the finishing touches on my team, but there are a couple of things not quite decided. A rating would be appreaciated on a scale of 1-10 as well.

The second item is for under the item clause.

Suicune
Bold w/lefties
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

Roar
Surf
Ice Beam
Calm Mind

Mismagius
Timid w/lefties/salac berry
116 HP / 140 SpA / 252 Spe

Calm Mind
Shadowball
HP Fighting/Energy Ball/Substitute
Will-O-wisp/Substitute

That was a terrible set.

Weavile
Jolly w/choice band
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe or 252ATK / 252Spe / 6HP

Ice Punch
Brick Break
Night Slash
Pursuit

Gallade
Adamant w/lefties
244 HP / 160 Atk / 104 SpD
Hypnosis
Will-O-Wisp/T-Wave
Close Combat
Psycho Cut

Steelix
Relaxed w/lefties
252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SpD
EQ
Stone Edge
Toxic
Explosion

Togekiss
Modest w/lefties/Wide Glasses
252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD

Nasty Plot
Tri Attack
Air slash
Thunder wave

All constructive input is welcome.

GreenDragonite, instead of being a douche and just say put EVs, you should just post them yourself.

Last edited:

GreenDragonite149

OH! WHAT NOW
well i cant remember all the ev's right away cus i have horrible memory. so im just givin advice. and i didn't think i sounded that mean. just normal. and also i dont want to screw up and post wrong stuff and mislead the dudes im tryin to help as i dont know much and only help within my own knowledge.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
I just get them from Smogon if I don't remember.
That so hard?

Suicunerider

wave requiem
Oops. Sorry.

Suicune
252HP/252Def/4Sp.Atk

Steelix
252HP/252Def/4Atk

Togekiss
252Sp.Def/252HP/4Sp.Atk

Weavile
252Atk/252Spd/4HP

Gallade
252Atk/252Sp.Def/4HP

Mismagius
252Spd/131Sp.Atk/131Sp.Def

GreenDragonite149

OH! WHAT NOW
no its not. but the ev's from smogon are standard and i dont come here very often (at least enough to follow the changes in metagame and new emergin ev spreads and sets) so i was advisin the dude to add on ev spreads as to set him up and get him ready so the people that actually know all that **** would come here and help him out. Does that sound like bein a douchebag to you?

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Oops. Sorry.

Suicune
252HP/252Def/4Sp.Atk

Steelix
252HP/252Def/4Atk

Togekiss
252Sp.Def/252HP/4Sp.Atk

Weavile
252Atk/252Spd/4HP

Gallade
252Atk/252Sp.Def/4HP

Mismagius
252Spd/131Sp.Atk/131Sp.Def

Now look at my post.

GreenDragonite149

OH! WHAT NOW
what post. id don't see anythin different bout them. and the dude remembered his ev spreads, so rate that and stop arguin wit me cuz thats not gettin the thread owner anywhere.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
what post. id don't see anythin different bout them. and the dude remembered his ev spreads, so rate that and stop arguin wit me cuz thats not gettin the thread owner anywhere.

I wasn't speaking to you. And I'm not arguing with you.
You know all well that people get infracted by just posting "Needs EVs/Natures" without posting how to fix 'em.
Also, pay attention. I quoted his post, so it's common sense I wasn't speaking to you.

Last edited:

Suicunerider

wave requiem
GreenDragonite, instead of being a douche and just say put EVs, you should just post them yourself.

Okay. I definitely see the use of more stats on Gallade, will definitely keep pursuit on Weavile. Still curious about the possibility of keeping Destiny Bond on Mismagius, since I've used a Gengar with that option before and had great results, but definitely trying for Will-o-wisp and Energy Ball.

Does Nasty Plot have to be bred onto Togekiss?

And if you could, rate this team in comparison to other standard competitive teams. Will I stand a chance against the more elite, or does it rest in the lower ranks?

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Okay. I definitely see the use of more stats on Gallade, will definitely keep pursuit on Weavile. Still curious about the possibility of keeping Destiny Bond on Mismagius, since I've used a Gengar with that option before and had great results, but definitely trying for Will-o-wisp and Energy Ball.

Does Nasty Plot have to be bred onto Togekiss?

And if you could, rate this team in comparison to other standard competitive teams. Will I stand a chance against the more elite, or does it rest in the lower ranks?

You pretty much have a counter for each of your weaknesses. You'll do good in around borderline of pro-play, though you'll have a bit of trouble in Pro.
Also, yes Nasty Plot must be bred. DBond on Magius doesn't work good. Trust me. Magius is a fave of mine, despite it's BL status. If you want to DBond, I think you'll be much better off with it's godly use of Perish Song. Otherwise, the set I posted works well.