• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team RAWR. Get To Know Boy ! [RMT]

J0J0Boy

HAI.
Welcome to my Rate My Team Thread! I have finally finished my exams! So, anyways, back to the main point… I would say my team is carefully crafted, modified and thought out, while simultaneously trying to sustain a range of moves, for type coverage, taking care of any potential weaknesses and generally maintaining effectiveness against an opponent. I’ve had trouble with deciding members of this team myself, and so in conclusion, I thought ‘Who is better at evaluating teams than me?’ The answer to that people is you. I generally need your help in modifying my team. I have a limited amount of members yet I need you to fill it out, providing it takes care of the vulnerability I may have in my team or type(s) I may lack of course. I came up with what is in my team by generally observing videos on youtube and seeing what comes up the most, what move sets are commonly used, just getting to know Pokémon’s attacks better. In general, I have spent a very long time, observing their weaknesses too. Throughout the game, I have constantly tried to aim to acquire the best IVs (Nature) to promote growth, depending on my Pokémon’s speciality.
At a First Glance:-
232.gif

145.gif

094.gif

454.gif

143.gif

134.gif

Yes there are the six Pokemon! Shock horror!
Ok, so here we go, without further a do, presenting Team Rawr! (Ignore the team name if you don’t like it!)
I tried to capture an image of the pokemon actually in action, in the anime, just to be unique and try something new xD Here we go:

donphan.png

Metanose (Donphan) @ Focus Sash.
Ability: Pickup
Nature: Adamant [+ Att]
Moveset:
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin

Metanose here is my lead pokemon. As you can see I generally thought it was a good idea to equip it with a focus sash, as when a lead is brought out, OHKOs are usually put into effect, by the opponent especially when setting up moves that slowly consumes life, such as stealth rock. The moveset here is well thought out, and based mainly on physical attacks, as a considerable amount of EVs are put into his attack stat. Rapid spin would get rid of any gradual life eaters. Earthquake is a powerful sweeper move and so I thought it would be wise to include it on my Donphan! It baisically smashed any electric type pokemon. If you're smart you would swtich out when any Donphan is brought out. 0% Damage done.

250px-Capture13.png

Zappy (Zapdos) @ Focus Sash.
Ability: Pressure
Nature: ???
Moveset:
- Thunderbolt
- ???
- ???
- ???

Zapdos was mainly put on my team due to being an effect Scizor counter. Obviously, Scizor is one of the biggest OU Pokemon in competitive battling, and so, I really do need Zapdos in my team. I am however struggling to find an appropriate moveset for my Zapdos, having only given it T-Bolt. A bonus feature about Zappy is that Ground moves don't phase it, which is a bonus from a very effective move known an Earthquake! Giving Zappy T-Bolt allows my Gengar to keep its Hypnosis attack, and giving electricity coverage to Zapdos instead.

gengar2.png

Gargar (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest [+ Sp. Att.]
Moveset:
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Psychic

I know you like the name! This sneaky little Pokémon generally deals with all those fighting / ground type moves. Psychic smashes away Infernapes and Machamps, so I generally do think this is basic, however, a must have! Thunderbolt is up for dealing with Gyaradoses. The IV here is Modest, which does help when EV training for special attack. the Shadow ball STAB move can take care of any ghost type Pokemon, such as Dusknoir, which is pretty OU. Finally, Focus blast allows me to deal with steels (Skarmory!!!) and dark Pokemon, which is especially a threat to Gengar.

Toxicroak.jpg

Frogtox (Toxicroak) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Naughty [+ Att]
Moveset:
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Okay, so for my Toxicroak, it is known for its physical abilities, his attack is brilliant, yet if only we could have 5 moves altogether! Toxicroak is a good physical sweeper, considering his Brick break is a STAB Move. I’ve focused mainly on upgrading his attack stats, mainly destroying a hell of a lot of Machops! Basically, it can deal with threats such as Electivire. Not sure what item to give it though. Need your help!

180px-ag149_107.jpg

Enter, the newest member of my Team!
Snorlax (Snorlax)@LeftOvers
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 sp.D
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Serious [+Nothing]
Moveset:
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Earthquake

Yes, as suggested by a very helpful person. Snorlax 'compliments' my Gengar' in a veriety of effective methods. They mainly Deal with ghost and fighting types, and so Snorlax should be of great use to me. Rest allows me with recover, while sleep talk allows me to deal some damage so that I don't waste two turns sleeping xD Body slam gives me more of a percentage to Paralize the foe while earthquake could be his sweeper move :) My Physical Wall he is xD

180px-Vaporeon_anime.jpg

Seamaid (Vaporeon) @LeftOvers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: ??? [I'm not sure what the best nature would be]
Moveset:
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Protect
- Wish

Hmm Vaporeon is used quite alot. I stuck to the main typed that can be covered by this Pokemon, Ice/Water etc. However, I need help with the final move. As you can see, Vaporeon, suggested by other users is my special sweeper, focusing on non-physical attacks. I stuck toxic on there just to annoy the opponent, as is slowly effects the foe's life. Its ability is generally quite good, as, the moment a water type shows up, Vaporeon will take care of it, healing its life when a Gyarados is brought into play. I thought about putting a Dig on my Vaporeon, however, it takes too long to actually be put into effect...its a physical move, AND it could cost me the game...What do you think? Its biggest threat would be the OU Electivire...

So yeah that’s all we have so far. My six Pokémon! Obviously, I’ve tried do my best yet I’m totally willing to change anything that you guys may suggest? I greatly appreciate any time taken into developing my team.
Thank you x

Last edited:

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
I love Houndoom but he needs Nasty Plot so throw that in there instead of roar and take advantage of his SpAtk. Replace Thunder Fang with either Shadow Ball or Will-o-Wisp.

With Gangar you could always try dream eater to gain some health in case of hits.

Toxicroak could even have Stone Edge but that's up to you :)

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
HAI.
Welcome to my Rate My Team Thread! Surprisingly, it is the first one I have ever made so I’m trying to set it out as best as I can! I have finally finished my exams! So, anyways, back to the main point… I would say my team is carefully crafted, modified and thought out, while simultaneously trying to sustain a range of moves, for type coverage, taking care of any potential weaknesses and generally maintaining effectiveness against an opponent. I’ve had trouble with deciding members of this team myself, and so in conclusion, I thought ‘Who is better at deciding remaining possible team member(s) than me?’ The answer to that people is you. I generally need your help in modifying and creating my team. I have a limited amount of members yet I need you to fill it out, providing it takes care of the vulnerability I may have in my team or type(s) I may lack of course. I came up with what is in my team by generally observing videos on youtube and seeing what comes up the most, what move sets are commonly used, just getting to know Pokémon’s attacks better. In general, I have spent a very long time, observing their weaknesses too. Throughout the game, I have constantly tried to aim to acquire the best IVs (Nature) to promote growth, depending on my Pokémon’s speciality.
At a First Glance:-
232.gif

229.gif

094.gif

454.gif

Yes there are only 4 Pokemon! Shock horror!
Ok, so here we go, without further a do, presenting Team Rawr! (Ignore the team name if you don’t like it!)
I tried to capture an image of the pokemon actually in action, in the anime, just to be unique xD Here we go:

donphan.png

Metanose (Donphan) @ Focus Sash.
Ability: Pickup
Moveset:
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

Only use Donphan over Hippowdon for Ice Shard. Hippowdon does this better.
And ewww with the Fang moves. Earthquake out powers them even when they're super effective.

houndoom.gif

Boozehound (Houndoom) @ Leftovers.
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest [+Sp. Att]
Moveset:
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Will-o-wisp
- Dark Pulse
You don't put Roar on something like Houndoom. Its just not done. Nasty Plot is far more useful. Thunder Fang is pointless when Dark Pulse will be doing more to Water types anyway, except Poliwrath, who hates Will-o-wisp.
Early Bird is for pokemon like Kangaskhan who don't die in one shot, Flash fire is far better.

gengar2.png

Gargar (Gengar) @???
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest [+ Sp. Att.]
Moveset:
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb

Thunderbolt is far more useful than Psychic. You could use Sludge Bomb for STAB, but Thuderbolt hits more things for Super Effective.

Toxicroak.jpg

Frogtox (Toxicroak) @???
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Naughty [+ Att]
Moveset:
- Sucker Punch
- Cross Chop/Brick Break
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Curently, nothing resists both Fighting and Dark, so use one of those moves provided. I would suggest Brick Break as its going to be your main move, and it has higher PP and accuracy. Poison is a horrible STAB type to use when you have fighting as an alternative

Edits and Advice in Bold

Last edited:

J0J0Boy

Ohhh thanks for the help guys! I don't think Flash fire could be done at this stage haha.
Ermm, What about the remaining two pokemon guys?
merci x​

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
starmie is a good special sweeper with high speed. So hes a good choice.

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Like I said, Hippowdon > Donphan. If you want STAB Earthquake, Stealth Rock and Stone Edge, Hippowdon wins. if you want Rapid Spin and Ice Shard, get Donphan.

Houndoom will be a LOT better off with Flash Fire. Once your asleep, its unlikely your opponent will hang around waiting for a turn for you to wake up. Early Bird is for Kangaskhan who can take a hit and Rest it away. Flash Fire will let you suck up Fire attacks and do more damage.

Starmie is a decent pokemon, and your team has a sizeable weakness to Psychic, so Starmie helps there.

A Steel Pokemon would be very handy. Magnezone is the one that comes to mind for me. Thunderbolt provides the electricity, and Steel/Electric is a decent type. Beware of Earthquake, and try and get one with Magnet Pull.

J0J0Boy

Ermm, I decided to get rid of doom and replace it with Zapdos, as a counter to Scizor. I do think a donphan is needed to get rid of those toxic spikes and such. As for my last pokemon, It would be vaporeon x

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
You wont really be needing Rapid Spin for an In Game team. Thats more of a competitive move. I would largely advise choosing Hippowdon over it, unless you are planning on battling other people with it.

Why have you given Zapdos Focus Sash if you don't know what moves it will have?
I would give it
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave/ Roost
-Thunder Wave
-Roar
EV it defensively, as it needs to take a hit before it Roars. Basically, paralyze them, Roar them away, paralyze, Roar, etc.
This will work especially well with your team, as your team is slow, aside from Gengar and Zapdos itself.
Vaporeon and Snorlax seem fine, if not standard.

Last edited:

J0J0Boy

Ofcourse this team will be used competitively xD
I've just been looking at Zapdos' moves, and he can't learn heat wave! And I NEED a Scizor counter. Maybe I should switch him for a Typhlosion?

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
He can, but only in platinum. If you dont have platinum, Drill Peck, Roost or Hidden Power Ice/Grass is the way to go.

J0J0Boy

well, should i swap for phlosion then? :O

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Definately not. Use the set I gave you, it will help your team a lot more than Typhlosion will.