• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Revision 1

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Well First, I don't kno which items to use and natures are needed

Roserade
Ability:poison Point
EV Spread:252 SPD/ 252 HP/ 4 SP.ATT
Moves
Leaf Storm
Synthesis
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

Scizor
Ability: Technician
EV Training 252 SP/252 SP.ATT/4 HP
Moves:
Bug Buzz
Brick Break
Superpower
Bullet Punch

Chandelure
Ability: Flame Body
Ev Training: 252 ATT/ 252 HP/ 4 SPD
Moves:
Flame Burst
Hex
Smog
Energy Ball

Mandibuzz
Ability: Overcoat
Ev Training: 252 ATT/ 252 SP.ATT/ 4 SP
Moves:
Dark Pulse
Bone Rush
Brave Bird
Steel Wing

Garchomp
Ability: Sand Veil
EV Training: 252 SPD/ 252 SP. ATT/ 4 SP.DEF
Moves:
Dragon Rush/Dragon Tail
Earthquake/Dig
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace

Tyranitar
Ability: Sandstream
EV Training: 252 SPD/ 252 SP.ATT/ 4 HP
Moves:
Thunder Fang
Earthquake

Notes: The Tyranitar is to be used if all else fails, The Roserade is specifically to cause status conditions, and the only major revision was the Tyranitar, if there is any help that you have to I neews items and Natures.

Hitokage2

Comments in bold

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability:Natural Cure
Nature: Timid/Modest
EV Spread:252 Speed/ 252 Special attack/ 4 HP
Moves
Leaf Storm
Synthesis
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder

Although shadow ball provides a counter against psychic pokemon, sleep powder provides more support. Natural cure is preferred against Poison point as it is more convenient for any status change, whereas poison point only works for physical attacks that involve contact. Maximizing speed and special attack with a timid or modest nature and focus on EVs will be helpful in battling. Black sludge will work well with Synthesis to improve Roserade's longevity.

Scizor @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Muscle Band
Nature: Adamant
EV Training 252 SP/252 Attack/4 HP
Moves:
U-Turn/Bug Bite
Brick Break/Swords Dance
Superpower/Swords Dance
Bullet Punch

Scizor's special attack stat is not great, so try to avoid special attacks like bug buzz. U-Turn/Bug Bite are good STAB physical moves. Bug bite gets the Technician boost, but U-Turn is good for scouting. Having 2 fighting attacks is redundant as they don't provide STAB and don't provide additional coverage. Consider replacing one of them with Swords Dance so that you can boost then sweep. If possible, you may want to consider Roost for some nice recovery.

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body/Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
Ev Training: 252 Special attack/ 252 HP/ 4 SPD
Moves:
Flamethrower
Hex/Shadow Ball
Will-o-wisp
Energy Ball/Calm Mind/Substitute

Flamethrower is a stronger fire attack than flame burst and also has a possibility of inducing. If you're going to use Hex, you need a reliable means of inducing a status. You cannot rely on flame body as your opponent may use Earthquake or Hydro Pump and KO your Chandelure without even contacting your Chandelure. If you want to use Hex, I recommend adding Will-O-Wisp. Otherwise, you could always use Shadow Ball as a reliable STAB move that does not require a status effect to cause significant damage. I don't understand the use of smog as it is a weak attack despite its 40% chance of poisoning pokemon. Will-o-wisp has 75% accuracy, also causes HP depletion, and also lowers attack stat, which can be beneficial for Chandelure if it manages to get hit by a strong physical attack. A modest nature (+special attack, - attack) is good because you don't have any physical attacks, and the special attack boost will be helpful. Remember to fix your EV's. I think you made a mistake because you had 252 attack EVs, which doesn't make sense because you don't have any physical attacks. Use 252 special attack EVs. Since Scizor and Roserade are weak against Fire, you could use the Flash Fire ability to give Chandelure a boost if you switch it in after Scizor and Roserade. As for other options, you might want to consider Calm Mind or Substitute for support.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest/Careful
Ev Training: 252 HP / 252 SP.ATT (if going for special attack set)or 252 special defense if going for the stall set / 4 SP
Moves:
Dark Pulse/Toxic
Nasty Plot/Protect
Air Slash/Fly
Roost

This is an interesting take on Mandibuzz. However, Mandibuzz has pretty low attack and special attack stats. On the other hand, it has some pretty good defense and special defense stats. If you're looking to attack with Mandibuzz, attack or special attack boosting moves would be more helpful. For example, you could add Nasty Plot to boost its special attack and combine it with Dark Pulse and/or Air Slash STAB. A modest nature will further enhance your special attack stat. Bone rush is relatively weak especially if it hits only twice; try Nasty Plot instead. Roost is essential for ensuring Mandibuzz's durability. However, Mandibuzz's good defenses allow it to stall pretty well. Alternatively, you could use Toxic, Protect, and Fly to stall and prevent your opponent from attacking you while they suffer from poison. In the stalling set, the calm nature helps by improving your special defense stat while decreasing your special attack stat. Leftovers is an all-around good recovery attached item.

Garchomp @ Haban/Lum berry
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EV Training: 252 SPD/ 252 Attack/ 4 SP.DEF
Moves:
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Swords Dance

Outrage is a solid dragon attack, but if you don't like getting locked into something or the associated confusion (can be avoided by Lum berry), Dragon Claw is a solid choice for a dragon attack. Go for Earthquake over Dig for more power. Garchomp's attack stat is better than its special attack stat, so I'm not certain why you need flamethrower. Earthquake can cover steel pokemon (with the exception of those with levitate), and Rock Slide can cover ice pokemon, so there's no need for flamethrower. Aerial Ace also does not necessarily help you as grass, fighting, and bug pokemon are not a real threat. Swords Dance can be good support to help you. If you're concerned about ice attacks due to its 4x weakness, you might want to consider a Haban berry. The jolly nature will help it outspeed other pokemon, but if you want to enhance Garchomp's power, go for adamant nature.There's no need to devote 252 EV's to special attack if you only have 1 special attack (flamethrower), devote your attention to the attack stat.

Tyranitar @ Chople berry/Leftovers/Muscle Band/Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
EV Training: 252 SPD/ 252 Attack/ 4 HP
Moves:
Dragon Dance/Fire Punch
Earthquake
Crunch
Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Crunch and Rock Slide/Stone Edge are for STAB to take advantage of Tyranitar's excellent physical stat. Stone Edge if you prefer power, Rock Slide for accuracy. Because of Tyranitar's 4x weakness to fighting, you may want to consider a Chople berry. Otherwise, leftovers is fine. Muscle band if you want to boost your attacks. Dragon dance will make your Tyranitar a better sweeper; although thunder fang can deal with water pokemon, it isn't that powerful compared to other attacks that Tyranitar has available. If you want to sacrifice choice for power, you could always go for a choice band. A jolly nature gives you the extra speed boost that is always helpful in battling.

Notes: The Tyranitar is to be used if all else fails, The Roserade is specifically to cause status conditions, and the only major revision was the Tyranitar, if there is any help that you have to I neews items and Natures.

If Roserade is there to cause status problems, Sleep Powder is a great way to cause them as Poison point is so situational and unreliable with only a 30% chance of causing a poison status only when contact is made between pokemon if the pokemon does not have a special ability that provides immunity against poison. I'd rather go with the 75% chance of inducing sleep as long as the pokemon doesn't have Insomnia, Vital Spirit, or some other sleep-negating ability.

You also may want to watch out for ice attacks as half of your team (Roserade, Mandibuzz, and Garchomp) are weak against ice.

Good luck with your team!

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
k thx i will probably use some of these but idk, i really want to use the pokemon but yeah, this was about my 5th team and from the beginning it's changed drastically

Aura Sensei™

User Title

Roserade
Moves
Energy Ball
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb/HP Fire
Shadow Ball

Scizor
Moves:
Bug Buzz
Brick Break
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch

Chandelure
Moves:
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Will O Wisp
Energy Ball

Mandibuzz
Moves:
Dark Pulse
Bone Rush
Brave Bird
Steel Wing

Garchomp
Moves:
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance

Tyranitar
Moves:
Ice Punch/Ice Fang
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance

Changes in Bold.

TheTruth

This is just my recommendation, but Mandibuzz plays much better defensively than offensively (not that it absolutely doesn't work offensively, of course). Also, why do you have such a high Attack stat on Chandelure, as well as such a high Special Attack on Scizor?

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
i wasn thinking right i was thinking raise their weakest stas not raise the one that work best with them

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Roserade
Moves
Leaf Storm
Synthesis
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

Scizor
Moves:
Bug Buzz
Brick Break
Superpower
Bullet Punch

Chandelure
Moves:
Flame Burst
Hex
Smog
Energy Ball

Mandibuzz
Moves:
Dark Pulse
Bone Rush
Brave Bird
Steel Wing

Garchomp
Moves:
Dragon Rush/Dragon Tail
Earthquake/Dig
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace

Tyranitar
Moves:
Thunder Fang
Earthquake

I'm also thinking of taking out the Mandibuzz altogether and adding a rotom-H form, i'll post attacks and the other things later but put some ideas. I want him to be an attacker