• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

m190049

Local psychopath
I don't see the Legendary Birds getting involved. They're not really that special to the point of doing anything with them...

Giovanni
Crobat Lvl 60
Rhyperior lvl 60
Weavile Lvl 61
Houndoom lvl 61
Weezing lvl 62
Mewtwo lvl 64 (releases after battle)
...No mewtwo. =/

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
My ideas for Giovanni and TR are:
- Rather than two nameless Executives aimlessly searching for the leadership of the man who has given up on them, Team Rocket should gain a leader (perhaps Gideon) who knows what he's doing.
Gideon was just a Scientist with a very half-baked team (Voltorb, Electrode, Magnemite, Magneton, Porygon). [Side note: He was the man who said Giovanni had a red haired child]. He was a primary Scientist, so good idea, I'm just saying I doubt it.

- He first appears to the player without revealing his identity after they've defeated Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well, comments that it does not bode well and gives the player a small token for clearing them from the well and then goes on his way.
Possible... I suppose. Much like the two early appearances of Cyrus in Platinum.

- His second appearance is at Mahogany Town and asks the player to infiltrate Team Rocket's base beneath the town. Once the base has been cleared, he goes to a computer in the base and analyzes something and immediately afterwords asks the player to head for Goldenrod where something major is going to happen.
Doubtful. Thats what Lance is for; helping you infiltrate the base. They won't scrap Lance's parts.

- The Radio Tower event could be changed, with the new leader of Team Rocket attempting to do what was done in Mahogany Town, but on a national/global scale and upon doing so enrages either Ho-oh or Lugia. Once the leader has been defeated, (Silver, wanting to destroy Team Rocket himself appears only to find that the player has already done so, and right after) Giovanni appears and makes the revelation that he is the ex-Leader of Team Rocket and requests that the new leader disbands Team Rocket once and for all, to which the leader complies ending the siege on the Radio Tower. (Silver attempts to confront Giovanni to a battle, to which Giovanni rejects saying he will not duel his son. Silver is shocked to find that Giovanni is his father, but believes him to be a coward in his pacifism and leaves abruptly, Giovanni asks himself if he should have been in his son's life in the last few years, but moves on from it,) Giovanni then proceeds to give the player a feather he had found in Ecruteak/Cianwood and tells them of either the legend of the Whirl Islands or the Tin Tower, and then leaves to do more soul searching.
My take on the Silver-Giovanni encounter (should they be related) is that they clearly know that they are in fact related, and Giovanni raised Silver to be a top admin in Team Rocket. But, Silver (being the rebellious criminal he is [I underline 'criminal' to further the notion that they are related]) basically rejects his father's grand plans for him, and runs off on his own. He doesn't care that his father is missing.

- Giovanni appears at the end of the game in Mt. Silver, and tells the player he hopes to face an 'old friend' of his, but first requests a battle against the player, to see if his training has been ample enough. Once defeated, he wonders if he will ever truly become powerful, but brushes it off as negative thoughts, thanks the player a final time and moves on after requesting that the player give his regards to his old friend(, and to his son).
I don't quite get how Giovanni and Red are old chums...

Responses written in blood bold

Last edited:

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Tin Tower (after completion of elite four)

Rocket Executive (f)
Mimagius lvl 52
Purugly lvl 52
Crobat lvl 53
Weavile lvl 53
Vileplume lvl 54

Whirl Islands

Rocket Executive (m)
Honchkrow lvl 52
Skuntank lvl 52
Crobat lvl 53
Weavile lvl 53
Houndoom lvl 54

If this were to happen, the levels should be boosted. While the original Gold and Silver's Trainer Pokemon were low-level, you can't be sure that they are still in HeartGold and SoulSilver. If this is supposed to be post-Elite Four, I'd at least move the levels closer to 60 than 50. As an extra mission, though, I could see it going higher.

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
hopefully no stupid battles with them like in LgFr. but i do understand a few battles here and there, so regardless high levels and a little more thinking on there part.

bugman03

I don't think there will be much of an exension but I hope there is one, Perhaps they find Geovani in Kanto?

bugman03

I don't think there will be much of an exension but I hope there is one, Perhaps they find Geovani in Kanto?

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Well since the only two Admins in FR/LG had pokemon in the low to mid-fifties (Female Admin had level 52 Muk, level 53 Arbok, and level 54 Vileplume; Male Admin had a level 53 Golbat, a level 54 Weezing, and a level 55 Houndoom), I'd imagine that they'd still have those pokemon at around those levels, if not higher; it wouldn't make sense for them to not only not still have those pokemon, but to have them at much weaker levels.

I'm pretty sure TR will be up to the same lame tricks as they were in G/S, Its a REMAKE guys, not a; lets change everthing about the plot XP.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Giovanni appear that said he goes to the sevii island?

ap13095

Noobslayer
If Giovanni, appears, it will most likely be in Kanto.

Maetch

I pray they don't turn Team Rocket into another Legend-obsessing group. Let's not forget the Rocket Oath:

"Steal POKeMON for profit! Exploit POKeMON for profit! All POKeMON exist for the glory of TEAM ROCKET!"

Basically, they just want money. The only reason they would have for capturing a Legend is for its resale value or use in extortion, and they wouldn't waste their time on one Legendary Pokemon if they could get just as much money from hundreds of lesser Pokemon. Giovanni may be another story, but he's not in G/S/C.

I pray they don't turn Team Rocket into another Legend-obsessing group. Let's not forget the Rocket Oath:

"Steal POKeMON for profit! Exploit POKeMON for profit! All POKeMON exist for the glory of TEAM ROCKET!"

Basically, they just want money. The only reason they would have for capturing a Legend is for its resale value or use in extortion, and they wouldn't waste their time on one Legendary Pokemon if they could get just as much money from hundreds of lesser Pokemon. Giovanni may be another story, but he's not in G/S/C.

Thats why they sold the Slowpoke's tails, to make a huge profit, which could be then put forward towards locating Giovanni.
I hope in these games, they reveal what happened to him, because Diamond and Pearl, just lost the storyline during the last few hours of gameplay, I couldn't find Cyrus anywhere, and it would have been good for him to give me the cold shoulder and told me to get lost.

Hopefully in HG/SS, Team Rocket finds Giovanni, and they rejoin together, that would mean more money, more schemes, more TEAM ROCKET!

Maetch

Hopefully in HG/SS, Team Rocket finds Giovanni, and they rejoin together, that would mean more money, more schemes, more TEAM ROCKET!

Just so long as they don't change the Rockets' money-hungry motives, I could accept Giovanni returning (though I wouldn't expect it).

MustGetPlatinum

POssibly Nintendo realized that the most suckish detail of the original was the lack of plot. So they will probably FIND Giovanni.

TrainerCasey

~Johto Fanatic~
Maybe Team Rockets plans will lead you to Kanto this time? Maybe dealing with Mt.Moon again? That would be nice. Maybe the Game Corner and Silph Co. stuff to?

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
Since in HGSS will be a lot more references than in G/S Team Rocket will certain appear in a special post-game-story, maybe just to clear up the father-son-story...

himtay

I think the Johto TR plot should stay the same. In Kanto, however, Giovanni shold be secretely searching for Mewtwo with a group of his elite TR agents.

Maetch

I think the Johto TR plot should stay the same. In Kanto, however, Giovanni shold be secretely searching for Mewtwo with a group of his elite TR agents.

Not likely. The entire "Giovanni created Mewtwo" plot was for the anime only. In the games, no one even knows that Mewtwo exists, save for maybe Mr. Fuji.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Not likely. The entire "Giovanni created Mewtwo" plot was for the anime only. In the games, no one even knows that Mewtwo exists, save for maybe Mr. Fuji.

Do you remember the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar from Kanto? Amongst the rubble and wreckage is information that the scientists who once worked there obtained a Mew and impregnated it with the genetically altered Mewtwo, who destroyed the Mansion in its escape.

Journal Quotes:

July 5
Guyana, South America. A new Pokémon was discovered deep in the jungle.
July 10
We christened the newly discovered Pokémon Mew.
February 6
Mew gave birth. We named the newborn Mewtwo.
September 1
Mewtwo was far too powerful. We have failed to curb its vicious tendencies...

So more people know about Mewtwo. Mewtwo may be in the Cerulean Dungeon but definitely not as Giovanni's pokemon.

EDIT: I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING!!! In Gold and Silver (Gen 2) it says that Cerulean Cave/Unknown Dungeon CAVED IN.

Last edited:

Maetch

Do you remember the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar from Kanto? Amongst the rubble and wreckage is information that the scientists who once worked there obtained a Mew and impregnated it with the genetically altered Mewtwo, who destroyed the Mansion in its escape.

So more people know about Mewtwo. Mewtwo may be in the Cerulean Dungeon but definitely not as Giovanni's pokemon.

Well, from the looks of the damage, I think it's safe to say that if there were any other survivors, they're either dead or simply not speaking about it out of fear.

Last edited: