• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Piplup Girl

TopNotch Coordinator
I really hope team rocket is stronger.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Don't we all :)
I hope that they have better teams as well.

If I were you, I wouldn't look forward much to that, except for the Rocket Executives.

Once a grunt will always be a grunt. Zubat, Golbat, Rattata, Raticate, Grimer, Muk, Koffing, and Weezing galore!

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
If I were you, I wouldn't look forward much to that, except for the Rocket Executives.

Once a grunt will always be a grunt. Zubat, Golbat, Rattata, Raticate, Grimer, Muk, Koffing, and Weezing galore!

Yeah, they won't remove all the Zubats and Grimers from the Team Rocket Grunts. However, I hope they make the admins a lot stronger. In fact they need to make half the trainers, gym leaders etc. stronger too.

bioteddy

Regarding Giovanni:
We already know that Giovanni left TR, no longer believing in what they stand for.

Which gives way to a possibility such as:
Assuming Silver is Giovanni's son: Remember how he said he hated TR? this hatred likely stems from the fact that, by refusing to disban, TR has gone against Silver's Father's wishes. Also notice how they sevii islands branch of TR have similar teams to that of Jhoto TR? apparently, during the three year gap between plots, TR moved from the Sevii islands to Jhoto, meaning:

Giovanni is your ALLY, as is Silver.
The shinnanigans they were up to in FR/LG will enter into the plot.
Perhaps the player won't actually travel to the Sevii Islands, but a plot device involving the place with respect to TR could give us more of them to fend off, and hopefully they'll manage to actually accomplish something before they player shows up.

Shinx_the_Sphinx

Staravia Trainer
Silver is not and should not be your ally. If anything, he should be even more rougher and tougher this time around.

Silver is the rival we crave and not the one we're all besties with a rear ends you with a THUD constantly.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater

I hope the part where you have to defeat the electrode in mahogany town, They actually do all explode, and you have to escape in like 2 minutes. Like in Metroid or something. Or you get dragged out by some rope or something. Like in the last part of that Modern Warfare 2 commercial.

But yes, please new variety of pokemon and stronger grunts. Also make Team Rocket do more evil stuff, make it darker and more for older people.They should make Pokemon Rated T lol.

And for FR/LG subquests, i found the rocket hideout/the lone rocket dude at some place in the sevii islands kinda boring. They should have multiple rockets together in one side-area, preferably the new area. I don't want just one grunt who drops something then leaves for you to explore the entire area. I want to be mobbed by grunts or something. And i want to fight 10 admins. No exaggeration. I want team rocket to make me feel like I will lose, crash and burn if i make one mistake.
Silver is not and should not be your ally. If anything, he should be even more rougher and tougher this time around.

Silver is the rival we crave and not the one we're all besties with a rear ends you with a THUD constantly.

I want silver to participate more in gold's life. I want him to butt in at the worst possible moment like Gary mf'in OAK. When i played silver i found silver, my rival, to be some emo kid who needed therapy. I had no real "Man this dude is crazy" feelings. Gary in FR/LG was annoying and disruptive, and i liked it. It was fun and added some difficulty to the game. If i get a rival, i want him to take part in my life more.

Regarding Giovanni:
We already know that Giovanni left TR, no longer believing in what they stand for.

Which gives way to a possibility such as:
Assuming Silver is Giovanni's son: Remember how he said he hated TR? this hatred likely stems from the fact that, by refusing to disban, TR has gone against Silver's Father's wishes. Also notice how they sevii islands branch of TR have similar teams to that of Jhoto TR? apparently, during the three year gap between plots, TR moved from the Sevii islands to Jhoto, meaning:

Giovanni is your ALLY, as is Silver.
The shinnanigans they were up to in FR/LG will enter into the plot.
Perhaps the player won't actually travel to the Sevii Islands, but a plot device involving the place with respect to TR could give us more of them to fend off, and hopefully they'll manage to actually accomplish something before they player shows up.
I want a charon like charactor who takes control of team rocket after the main person has disappeared, and i want to actually BATTLE HIM. If i could change one thing of Charon, at Stark Mt. After your beat Mars/Jupiter, i want charon to challenge you and like send out groudon and kyogre or something, like that Infin guy in Mt. Battle in Colosseum with all the legendaries.

Thus this puts in my speculation from the other thread. I want him to capture Lugia AND Ho-Oh as part of the plot and actually battle you with them. Then they return to their respective spots. Of course this could happen during the main course of the game or the climax. The part in cianwood where you get the feather to see Ho-oh or lugia, perhaps extend when you actually do get the silver/rainbow feathers. Towards after the elite 4, when you find it outside your house or something, a gift from the Legendary bird for saving them or something. oh Idea: Perhaps they can use a device Dr. Namba used on that electabuzz to boost its power. So then you have to fight Lugia and Ho-Oh with boosted stats and stuff. That would be so nice.

Last edited:

bioteddy

Of course he'd be rough, no changing that, but given both parties share a common enemy, and for all the right reasons (well, maybe not) something would be likely to see them fighting together.

He does seem to hold quite a grudge against TR, and as much as he despises The player, perhaps he could be forced into it?

kemal07

I think there will be a new team rocket character somehow or maybe even Giovanni
Because

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/character/rocket01.html

Here on the official site there are 4 character headshot boxes for Team rocket, 1 reveled where the other 3 display 'coming soon'

The first has been revealed to be the rocket grunts
The 2nd box may be the male executive
the 3rd box maybe the female executive
the 4th (maybe new boss or giovanni)

(im not imagining silver as he is already in the main character section)

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The first has been revealed to be the rocket grunts
The 2nd box may be the male executive
the 3rd box maybe the female executive
the 4th (maybe new boss or giovanni)

I wouldn't think about separating the executives, but instead, they'll be in a single section.

1: Rocket Grunts
2: Rocket Executives/Admin
3: Interpol Agent/Detective (someone who chases over Team Rocket)
4: Rocket Boss/Giovanni

Knightmare

I wouldn't think about separating the executives, but instead, they'll be in a single section.

Oh wouldn't that be interesting if Looker was in these games?
I guess he'd have to be a really busy guy but it could be possible in between the times when you seem him in Platinum...

or at least someone similar to Looker, like one of his colleagues or something who mentions him a couple times.
Maybe a female counterpart or something?

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Everything will stay the same for the "Johto Plot" but the "Kanto Plot" and "The new area Plot" will likely have Team Rocket in it.

In the new plots there will be stronger admins and scientists and there will be 3 new TR Plots i hope, one in Lavender Radio Tower, Cerulean Cave opening/Celadon Game corner again and one for the final act the re-opening of the Silph Co. And Silver will be the boss in the Silph Co. You battle him and when he losses Giovanni will appear and tell his son that he must calm down and follow his dad on his "Zen" Mission. And then you can visit them in their house in Viridian. And you can battle them for proud.

kemal07

Yeh i thought of not seperating the executives but couldnt find any other ideas.
So we know for sure there are
4 types of members of team rocket however the other 3 roles are not verified yet

If it were a detective wouldnt they put him/her in the main character page??? rather than the team rocket page

CharizardFire6

Charizard Trainer
I hope for Giovanni to appear later in the game (perhaps as a Red-style encounter?)

I think that a confrontation between Rival and Giovanni would be epic.

I also hope for a Lance double battle in the Mahogany Rocket Hideout. That would be awesome.

kemal07

i had a thought bout that but forgot about the idea as many people raged that they are *anime*only characters

Chaos Shadow

Jesse and James were in Yellow because Yellow was based on the anime. The reason they haven't appeared in any other games was because all of the games, bar Yellow, have been independent of the anime.

Concerning Silver being an ally, you technically ARE during the original Gold/Silver; you're both fighting Team Rocket. If you mean a situation where he would actually fight alongside you, it might happen, but he would be most furious at having to ally himself with you. Silver was angry with Team Rocket for pretending to be strong just because they were in a group; if he were to team up with Gold, it would also be a sign of weakness, so it wouldn't happen unless absolutely necessary.

It would be nice if it was absolutely necessary and Team Rocket really became a genuine threat, but...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
If it were a detective wouldnt they put him/her in the main character page??? rather than the team rocket page

I don't think they would. The detective is Rocket-related. They can leave the slots on the main character page for Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Lance, and possibly side characters such as Eusine, and Kurt.