• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Meowth Man-27

Meowth Trainer
This is kinda long, and its just and idea, ik the lvs are really high for silver, but it is just and idea. please don't butcher it with "this is dumb" etc, its a quick thing i made and i think it would be interesting.

Team Rocket throughout the story really doesn't bother me that much, I just hate that every "evil" group in all the games either dissapear, or hang around whinning about what to do after you wipe the floor with the boss.

In the radio tower, you battle an admin with a houndoom and like a weezing which is ok since you battle the female one right before hand, and that basically ends the story for team rocket, maybe an occasional battle afterwards but thats it.

I hope they extend it to Kanto with the admins returning to kanto, and you have to stop them again, except after you do whatever the story line is (Hopefully Silph Co again) you reach the admins but you catch them getting owned by Red. You then have a massive reunion of main players such as Oak, Giovanni, and maybe elm and possibly Blue/Gary, since he did interfere with Rocket back in the day.

Red easily knocks him aside, and then Oak (maybe Gary too) can pop up and give praise to red etc and get the police to get team rocket done with, then the admin gets up and tries to run and you then realise it was silver, He then says his dad (Giovanni hopefully) ran away from his dreams of power and he will avenge him.(Getting Red Back, But he apparently failed at that) He then runs away etc to where ever, and he can return later on in the game. Red then leaves too, being mysterious and all. Giovanni then comes in saying how he has misled his son and banters about how he is happy we have stopped him etc and how he needs to correct him. He exits. You then go on to the newer area if there is one like the sevii's or thegolden forest? I think thats near Ciannwood.. anyways and a whole other plot shows giovanni defeating Silver in a battle, showing that treating pokemon like tools doesn't work etc. And then Giovanni goes back to the gym, so Blue/Gary can become a better fight. Then the rival will train in the forest or w/e and you can battle him there. After a few battles he can reach his full potential at:

Silver/Rival needs:
Type advantage starter lvl 95- A powerful opponent, deffinetly worth battling
Two other starter types lvl 89- I don't really remember what they were, but like Rapidash, Vileplume, & Lapras(- the one that don't match starter type)
Weavile lvl 92- A speed demon that could pose a threat, but easy to take down
The Flying type lv 87- Noctowl, Pidgeot, Fearow, w/e its how the game would probably do it Maybe Skarmory if lucky
Then i really don't remember if he had a 6th, but something from the 3rd or 4th generation maybe like Salemence or even Electivire lv85

Blue will be there at oaks lab with red, because he was remeniscing about the past with red, and he says I'll be at <insert place here> to help train you for Red. Blue should have Lv70-80's Red's Pickachu (you know he's gonna have it) is at least lvl 100 to top the the rival's starter and because he should be the strongest trainer ever. Red says if you find me I will battle you etc after Blue and leaves.

Last edited:
Some ideas I have:

1.) Team Rocket need to stop weeping about their boss and get into gear. They need to be more important too, meaning they're more involved in Kanto too.

2.) Charon is the perfect candidate for a temp. boss for TR, I mean, even after you clear out the TR Warehouse in the Sevii Islands, doesnt he remain there? Plotting... He seems like he'd be the brains behind the Lake of Rage plot anyway.

3.) Silver need to be more involved with TR, i.e. helping you take them out. Or even the other way around, becoming the new boss! ;P

4.) ...Jesse and James......and Meowth. ;P

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Some ideas I have:

1.) Team Rocket need to stop weeping about their boss and get into gear. They need to be more important too, meaning they're more involved in Kanto too.

I don't think so. That's how Team Rocket was in GSC. They're in shambles because of co-dependency in their boss.

2.) Charon is the perfect candidate for a temp. boss for TR, I mean, even after you clear out the TR Warehouse in the Sevii Islands, doesnt he remain there? Plotting... He seems like he'd be the brains behind the Lake of Rage plot anyway.

Charon could take the role, seeing that GSC takes place before DPPt (though I have no concrete proof), but I still prefer Giovanni.

3.) Silver need to be more involved with TR, i.e. helping you take them out. Or even the other way around, becoming the new boss! ;P

Uh... no. Silver is against Team Rocket, and at the point in the game, Silver is still your selfish brat. He doesn't need your help or even the other way around. Have a read:

"Hold it! I saw you, so I tailed you. I don't need you underfoot while I take care of TEAM ROCKET."
~Silver, during Radio Tower Takeover

After defeating him, he leaves. The next time you see him, it's Victory Road.

Will never happen... again. Anime ≠ Games. There's no need to point out Pokémon Yellow. It's a special case... it's based off the anime.

Last edited:
I don't think so. That's how Team Rocket was in GSC. They're in shambles because of co-dependency in their boss.

Charon could take the role, seeing that GSC takes place before DPPt (though I have no concrete proof), but I still prefer Giovanni.

Uh... no. Silver is against Team Rocket, and at the point in the game, Silver is still your selfish brat. He doesn't need your help or even the other way around. Have a read:

"Hold it! I saw you, so I tailed you. I don't need you underfoot while I take care of TEAM ROCKET."
~Silver, during Radio Tower Takeover

After defeating him, he leaves. The next time you see him, it's Victory Road.

Will never happen... again. Anime ≠ Games. There's no need to point out Pokémon Yellow. It's a special case... it's based off the anime.

1.) Shambles are not, c'mon, they should at least have SOME general idea what the hell they're doing. They did decent with Gideon in FRLG and Team Galactic did okay with Charon in Platinum. Assuming one of them or someone steps up to the plate.

2.)...Come to think of it Gideon would be alot better suited for the role. /=[

3.) You have to remember that Silver does make some pretty big character developments, I dont think it'd be wrong to say he comes to respect you (Gold/Kris) by the end of the original GS. If TR's intentions did expand into Kanto, his involvement seems more likely to me. And about the "becoming the boss thing" I was being facetious. =P

4.) Facetious. ;P

In the end though, Team Rocket's probably the baddest of the crime syndicates. (Team Aqua and Magma actually have good intentions, and Cyrus is just insane...with the rest of Team Galactic being incompetent and morons, save Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, and Charon.) So, I'd love to see them be alittle more evil this time around, and not just cutting of Slowpoke tails... for entrees... l=P

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
1.) Shambles are not, c'mon, they should at least have SOME general idea what the hell they're doing. They did decent with Gideon in FRLG and Team Galactic did okay with Charon in Platinum. Assuming one of them or someone steps up to the plate.

Actually, I prefer a meaner and crueler Team Rocket. Giovanni's loss should've made them more evil, wanting revenge for all those years... Oh, but not to the point that they want to kill people and Pokémon. That's too much. ^___^'

2.)...Come to think of it Gideon would be alot better suited for the role. /=[

Hmmm... not a bad idea. That got me thinking.

3.) You have to remember that Silver does make some pretty big character developments, I dont think it'd be wrong to say he comes to respect you (Gold/Kris) by the end of the original GS. If TR's intentions did expand into Kanto, his involvement seems more likely to me. And about the "becoming the boss thing" I was being facetious. =P

Actually, at the end of the game, Silver had gone a little bit soft. He's concerned with his Pokémon now, but still ready to kick your a** anytime.

...I'd love to see them be a little more evil this time around, and not just cutting of Slowpoke tails... for entrees... l=P

Hmmm... cutting and selling Slowpoke tails for profit, forcing Magikarp evolutions, taking over a Radio Tower, and the Power Plant commotion. I wish they also attempt to burn the Tin Tower and/or at least make some commotion in S.S. Aqua on your trip to Kanto.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I think they need more of a mid-game appearance. You don't see hide nor hair of them from the 2nd Badge to the 7th Badge.

Pidgeo

Hmm, I can see Rocket causing trouble for us when trying to obtain the Medicine for Jasmine. Perhaps we can see them in Ecruteak trying to enter the Tin Tower by force, only to be stopped by Eusine or/and Morty, when Gold/Soul arrives.

Armored Zangoose

My Ideas:

1. In Ecruteak City, Team Rocket attempts to capture the Legnedary Dogs to sell/auction for money, or somehow find Giovanni. Player teams up with Eusine to fight them, eventually leading into a side-story with one of the Legendary Dogs.

2. Team Rocket launches a full scale attack on Kanto, led by some Admin,in which you team up with Giovanni or Silver. Near the end the Admin states if Giovanni does not retrun, Team Rocket will pull some cliche master plan without him, when Giovanni shows up, states he's changed his ways and ends Team Rocket, and Giovanni and Silver reunite... if Silver accepts him.

3. Mask of Ice.

League

Master Abra Catcher
I think half the people here misunderstand Team Rocket. For the most part, everyone is just trying to please everyone above them. The higher ups, with the highest gone, had nothing to do but try and get him back.

Even in the anime, you can see the TR trio trying to get strong pokemon to give to Gio.

So, basicly, little people have little plots like the Slowpoke Well, trying to be profitable, and bigger people have bigger plots trying to please their former and who they wish to be their future boss.

Jacobxdaniel

Some ideas I have:

Charon is in FRLG? No way! I can't believe I never noticed that.

lvl100blastoise

I'm hoping for new story aspects involving team rocket extended all the way through the end of kanto.

Seeing all the teams would also be cool but it would be out of place to see aqua and magma in johto.

Cyan

Mortal
My ideas:

1) No foreign guy in Cerulean

2) Get over Giovanni. He left to be a good guy, not lead you retards

3) Actually do something life threatening

ijea4444

Some ideas I have:

How is Charon the perfect candidate he is jail right now, D/P/P is the same time as HGSS.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
How is Charon the perfect candidate he is jail right now, D/P/P is the same time as HGSS.

Both did not happen at "the same time".

Several people (including myself) assume that DPPt took place after the events at Lake of Rage. By the time you defeat the Elite Four in GSC (you're already in Kanto), Jasmine went to Sinnoh.

In DPPt, the cameran who took the video of the Red Gyarados is already in Sinnoh (at the time you reach Lake Valor), and by the time your reach Sunyshore, Red could have already been defeated. I may be wrong but that's what people think.

So, meaning, Charon is still not arrested at the time. But still, Charon couldn't be a possible candidate. I prefer Gideon instead.

Ace The Punk

A Blue Moon Addict.
I think half the people here misunderstand Team Rocket. For the most part, everyone is just trying to please everyone above them. The higher ups, with the highest gone, had nothing to do but try and get him back.

Exactly. I would be extremely dissapointed if there was some plot with the Legendary Pokemon where Team Rocket wants to take over the godforsaken world.

1. How many times has this plot been used?

2. This is a remake, not a redo. (and yeah, I sort of copied that, but its true.) They should enhance the plot from the origanal games, but they REALLY shouldn't replace the whole thing.

3. Possibly the most important of all, Team Rocket doesn't want to take over the world. All they want to do is make money by using pokemon. Thats it.

Chaos Shadow

1. How many times has this plot been used?

The other points I also agree with, but this above all else. Team Rocket is the only team thus far who has not bothered to go off and capture legendary Pokemon, and I honestly respect them more for it. It's become a standard issue that the evil team looks for the legendaries and does whatever and it's nice to go back to before they were doing so.

I've been saying it since I posted; the Johto story is bland, but workable, and shouldn't be changed. Team Rocket should, however, have a much-expanded Kanto storyline that may cameo Giovanni himself in his own attempt to get them to stop doing these things in his name. Although in general, I would just be happy with an expanded TR storyline in Kanto. Kanto has absolutely no storyline to it, and since Team Rocket is here and didn't get to do much of anything originally, it's a perfect opportunity to expand.

Ace The Punk

A Blue Moon Addict.
I wouldn't mind a much-expanded Kanto TR storyline, so long as it doesn't get out of hand. And it would have to go along with the original Johto storyline in the sense that TR is in shambles and trying to re-form. The only thing I see as a problem is what evil deeds they would do. They've already done a whole lot of things in Kanto. Maybe a plot to steal all the pokemon from the Safari Zone or something.

Maetch

I wouldn't mind a much-expanded Kanto TR storyline, so long as it doesn't get out of hand. And it would have to go along with the original Johto storyline in the sense that TR is in shambles and trying to re-form. The only thing I see as a problem is what evil deeds they would do. They've already done a whole lot of things in Kanto. Maybe a plot to steal all the pokemon from the Safari Zone or something.

The problem I have with more Rockets in Kanto is that they were pretty much destroyed in FR/LG, so they've got no influence there anymore. They'd probably pull a second petty crime in addition to the Power Plant fiasco, but nothing else.

Knightmare

The other points I also agree with, but this above all else. Team Rocket is the only team thus far who has not bothered to go off and capture legendary Pokemon, and I honestly respect them more for it. It's become a standard issue that the evil team looks for the legendaries and does whatever and it's nice to go back to before they were doing so.

I've been saying it since I posted; the Johto story is bland, but workable, and shouldn't be changed. Team Rocket should, however, have a much-expanded Kanto storyline that may cameo Giovanni himself in his own attempt to get them to stop doing these things in his name. Although in general, I would just be happy with an expanded TR storyline in Kanto. Kanto has absolutely no storyline to it, and since Team Rocket is here and didn't get to do much of anything originally, it's a perfect opportunity to expand.

I think it's possible that TR just never went after legendaries because the 1st and 2nd gen legends weren't like the 3rd and 4th gen ones (as in, they weren't pokemon of epic, world destroying proportions) not that they're not equally powerful but I think you know what I mean.
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Celebi never claimed the ability to destroy time/space or likewise flood/drought the world

and although I know anime ≠ games, I think this says something about the overall ethics of TR. If you recall, Giovanni tried to utilize Mewtwo's abilitities for personal gain.

So I feel like it's possible that team rocket might find more use for these new, world thretening legendaries that are to be included in these games.
Maybe Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza in some way?