• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I could be wrong but if I remember correctly TR believed that fully evolved pokes are the strongest. So by forcefully evolving all their pokes they would be so strong no one could stand up against them.
Long live TR! XD

They never said that. There was never a real explanation for doing it, other than attention.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
His Yellow Team was stronger though.

Yellow:

Level 50 Dugtrio
Level 53 Persian
Level 53 Nidoqueen
Level 55 Nidoking
Level 55 Rhydon

His FR/LG Team:

Level 42 Dugtrio
Level 44 Nidoqueen
Level 45 Nidoking
Level 45 Rhyhorn
Level 50 Rhyhorn

His HGSS Team
Level 46 Nidoqueen - Up 2 FRLG Levels, Down 6 from Yellow.
Level 42 Nidoking - Down 3 FRLG Levels, Down 13 from Yellow
His Honchkrow well its new
Level 40 Kangaskhan - Up 5 RBGFRLG Levels.

His Kangaskhan was last seen at the Silph Co Battle against Giovanni, it was at level 35. So looking at His HGSS Team FRLG wise, only his NidoKing lost a level, if you look at it from The Yellow Version point of view, then its a HUGE level lost from Nidoking and Nidoqueen, while Kangaskhan keeps its 5 Level boost from RBGFRLG. So really Giovanni is doing ok.

Well considering that HGSS are more of a sequel to FRLG than RBY, and the fact that Yellow's pokemon were a good deal stronger than they were in the other games, it kind of makes sense.

Huh, that's weird that there is such a leveling difference..
I wonder why ?
Well I guess it doesn't really matter too much, anyways. ^^

Though I have to say, I kind of agree with zlxq3000 about wanting to see some new
Rocket action possibly in the next Pokemon gen- -shot-
It's true though.. D:
TR FTW ! Haha. :p

I seriously do hope they're in it, though, even as minor villains. THE IDEALS OF TEAM ROCKET WILL NEVER DIE!... Until a 10-year-old proves them all wrong. XP

They never said that. There was never a real explanation for doing it, other than attention.

Or desperation. Sort of a "we have this technology and nothing else, might as well use it to try accomplishing something" kind of thing.

Last edited:

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Well considering that HGSS are more of a sequel to FRLG than RBY, and the fact that Yellow's pokemon were a good deal stronger than they were in the other games, it kind of makes sense.

I seriously do hope they're in it, though, even as minor villains. THE IDEALS OF TEAM ROCKET WILL NEVER DIE!... Until a 10-year-old proves them all wrong. XP

Or desperation. Sort of a "we have this technology and nothing else, might as well use it to try accomplishing something" kind of thing.

I kinda like this explanation the best. It seems desperate, which is really team rockets' style. :)

YoshiPrower04

Mario and Sonic Fan
Hey ForeverFlame if you Bring a promotional Celebi to the shrine in Ilex Forest, That will be quite a eye-opener... (If you knew this already... I'm new at this sorry.)

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
If Team Rocket dies indefinetly I will be pretty upset. I think Giovanni should be stronger in the Celebi event... but maybe it's just that they thought some people might do it earlier. As long as Team Rocket is a bigger part in HG/SS than in the original G/S/C then I will be happy :)

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Wow that sucks. I was hoping that there would be a bigger plot... at least I have the Celebi event to look forward to. I hope Team Rocket spreads to the next region.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Why not? Just because Jhoto is a neighboring region and that's why Team Rocket is there doesn't mean there isn't another neighboring region on the other side that Team Rocket has spread into.

Ultimate Glalie

Why not? Just because Jhoto is a neighboring region and that's why Team Rocket is there doesn't mean there isn't another neighboring region on the other side that Team Rocket has spread into.
Team Rocket was disbanded twice. I highly doubt that it would come together again.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow that sucks. I was hoping that there would be a bigger plot... at least I have the Celebi event to look forward to. I hope Team Rocket spreads to the next region.

Well they did have quite a lot to do. They spread throughout Johto.

Unlike LG/FR however, they didn't get another arc after the Elite Four.

What does the Celebi event have to do with TR? Giovanni isn't a TR member anymore :S

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
So? They still try to get him to go back and lead them again. And when you think about it his first plan was a good one and probably would've worked if it hadn't been for Ash/Red. Plus, just having Giovanni in an event in HG/SS is worth it lol

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Yeah that's true... but still they could have expanded it, if even a little. A major Team Rocket arc would have made these games that much better

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah that's true... but still they could have expanded it, if even a little. A major Team Rocket arc would have made these games that much better

They did expand it a little. They added the little ordeal with the Kimono girls and you also get to dress as a Rocket temporarily now.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
oh that's better then. I thought it was exactly the same from what people have said. It's cool that you can dress up as a Team Rocket member xD

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They did expand it a little. They added the little ordeal with the Kimono girls and you also get to dress as a Rocket temporarily now.

Yes. Also, let's not forget that they gave Rocket Executives distinct identities instead of leaving them nameless.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Oh they have distinct identities now? That's better than when they were nameless and just called "Team Rocket Executive"

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
I want Team Rocket to have something to do with the 3 legendary dogs. :3

That would've been cool but from what people have told me it's not the case :(