• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

League

Master Abra Catcher
Maybe Giovanni should not be included in the main plot (in fact, it should be clarified that TR knows nothing of his whereabouts), though he could get thrown in later in a sub-plot looking for his son. TR Admins after the main plot is defeated going after legendaries would be cool, as you'd get to defeat them for a 4th time or so (individuals admins in a town, all in Mahogany, all in Goldenrod), and you'd pull more lore to the legends.

Macks

Macks Attacks
I'm mainly curious to see if they expand on the admins. I hope you get to do a double battle with Lance when in the Mahogony base.

I hope you know that my mind was just blown. I never even thought about that, but I just got to the point in my Silver where you and Lance battle those two Admins before blowing up the Electrode.

If that were a Double Battle, it would be so much more awesome. They did it with Steven in the Space Center, so why not?

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
We will most likly get double battles in situations that will make some epic battles.

Jakley

Eevee Coordinator
My ideas for Giovanni and TR are:
- Rather than two nameless Executives aimlessly searching for the leadership of the man who has given up on them, Team Rocket should gain a leader (perhaps Gideon) who knows what he's doing.
- He first appears to the player without revealing his identity after they've defeated Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well, comments that it does not bode well and gives the player a small token for clearing them from the well and then goes on his way.
- His second appearance is at Mahogany Town and asks the player to infiltrate Team Rocket's base beneath the town. Once the base has been cleared, he goes to a computer in the base and analyzes something and immediately afterwords asks the player to head for Goldenrod where something major is going to happen.
- The Radio Tower event could be changed, with the new leader of Team Rocket attempting to do what was done in Mahogany Town, but on a national/global scale and upon doing so enrages either Ho-oh or Lugia. Once the leader has been defeated, (Silver, wanting to destroy Team Rocket himself appears only to find that the player has already done so, and right after) Giovanni appears and makes the revelation that he is the ex-Leader of Team Rocket and requests that the new leader disbands Team Rocket once and for all, to which the leader complies ending the siege on the Radio Tower. (Silver attempts to confront Giovanni to a battle, to which Giovanni rejects saying he will not duel his son. Silver is shocked to find that Giovanni is his father, but believes him to be a coward in his pacifism and leaves abruptly, Giovanni asks himself if he should have been in his son's life in the last few years, but moves on from it,) Giovanni then proceeds to give the player a feather he had found in Ecruteak/Cianwood and tells them of either the legend of the Whirl Islands or the Tin Tower, and then leaves to do more soul searching.
- Giovanni appears at the end of the game in Mt. Silver, and tells the player he hopes to face an 'old friend' of his, but first requests a battle against the player, to see if his training has been ample enough. Once defeated, he wonders if he will ever truly become powerful, but brushes it off as negative thoughts, thanks the player a final time and moves on after requesting that the player give his regards to his old friend(, and to his son).

* I italicized and bracketed the parts that pertain to if Silver is actually Giovanni's son.

League

Master Abra Catcher
That's a decent plot, save the part of enraging Ho-oh or Lugia, as neither of them fit in. Maybe after beating Giovanni, Red would be the trainer there for the rest of the game.

**Jirachi**

Am I the only one quoting Star Wars?

Giovanni - "I am your father!"

Silver - "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

It sounds funny to me.

hahah it would be epic:D:D

Wolverine13

Weapon X
My ideas for Giovanni and TR are:
- Rather than two nameless Executives aimlessly searching for the leadership of the man who has given up on them, Team Rocket should gain a leader (perhaps Gideon) who knows what he's doing.
- He first appears to the player without revealing his identity after they've defeated Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well, comments that it does not bode well and gives the player a small token for clearing them from the well and then goes on his way.
- His second appearance is at Mahogany Town and asks the player to infiltrate Team Rocket's base beneath the town. Once the base has been cleared, he goes to a computer in the base and analyzes something and immediately afterwords asks the player to head for Goldenrod where something major is going to happen.
- The Radio Tower event could be changed, with the new leader of Team Rocket attempting to do what was done in Mahogany Town, but on a national/global scale and upon doing so enrages either Ho-oh or Lugia. Once the leader has been defeated, (Silver, wanting to destroy Team Rocket himself appears only to find that the player has already done so, and right after) Giovanni appears and makes the revelation that he is the ex-Leader of Team Rocket and requests that the new leader disbands Team Rocket once and for all, to which the leader complies ending the siege on the Radio Tower. (Silver attempts to confront Giovanni to a battle, to which Giovanni rejects saying he will not duel his son. Silver is shocked to find that Giovanni is his father, but believes him to be a coward in his pacifism and leaves abruptly, Giovanni asks himself if he should have been in his son's life in the last few years, but moves on from it,) Giovanni then proceeds to give the player a feather he had found in Ecruteak/Cianwood and tells them of either the legend of the Whirl Islands or the Tin Tower, and then leaves to do more soul searching.
- Giovanni appears at the end of the game in Mt. Silver, and tells the player he hopes to face an 'old friend' of his, but first requests a battle against the player, to see if his training has been ample enough. Once defeated, he wonders if he will ever truly become powerful, but brushes it off as negative thoughts, thanks the player a final time and moves on after requesting that the player give his regards to his old friend(, and to his son).

* I italicized and bracketed the parts that pertain to if Silver is actually Giovanni's son.

Isn't this supposed to be a remake.

TheSoulSilver

Daybreak Town
I think they will have somewhat of a different storyline , but most of the same plot. Keeping in the main events , while throwing in some new ones.

Macks

Macks Attacks
I, for one, don't much care for the Gen IV design of the Rocket Grunts. When I saw the screen shot, I had to examine closely that it was a Grunt and not a Youngster that Gold was talking to.

They look too...normal, I suppose. Maybe it was just the screenshot that was messing with me, and I'll probably find that I like the overworld sprite once I actually play the game.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
My biggest hope for the TR plot is that there is a Gold/Silver team up. The Lance one would be amazing! I'd also enjoy having important TR characters that play big roles and are recurring.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I can't over estimate the need for two rocket named commanders/admins dat are like tabitha - magma, shelly - aqua, saturn - galactic etc

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
A story to twist with Team Rocket would be awesome, or maybe some more appearances, and story line from Team Rocket, like Silph Co, I Found that to be very useless Pixel Space.

Definitely make it interesting with Giovanni, that would be awesome.

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
I wonder how their going to handle the whole slowpoke well invasion.
Due to the fact that clearing that events earns you Kurt and the appricorns.
Also how due we know if their going to put Kanto in the remake at all?
For your Kanto question:

Well, if its a proper remake, they probably need to include many of the main events, lets not forget that Kanto was the place they decided to put the Pokemon League.

Kanto was also a major part of the game, considering that Johto itself is a Very small region, adding Kanto makes alot of sense.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Also how due we know if their going to put Kanto in the remake at all?

We've got a huge chance of it recurring, seeing as the Indigo Plateau itself is in Kanto. If we couldn't get there, we wouldn't be able to beat the Elite Four. Besides, Kanto was a major part of the original Gold and Silver, and the remake shouldn't replace something so huge, even if they try something different.

It's like playing Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald without Sootopolis City, but on a grander scale.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I think they'll keep the same storyline with a hopeful return for giovanni. Also they're should be some rockets in Whirl Islands and Tin Tower

Here's some levels for executives

Slowpoke Well

Rocket Executive (m)
Koffing lvl 15
Houndour lvl 17

Mahogany Town

Rocket Executive (m)
Golbat lvl 36
Weezing lvl 38

Rocket Executive (f)
Golbat lvl 36
Muk lvl 38

Rocket Executives (m)and(f) (double battle with lance)
Golbat lvl 36
Golbat lvl 36
Murkrow lvl 37
Mistrevus lvl 37
Houndoom lvl 38
Vileplume lvl 38

Radio Tower

Rocket Executive (m)
Grimer lvl 36
Koffing lvl 36
Grimer lvl 36
Koffing lvl 36
Muk lvl 38
Weezing lvl 38

Rocket Executive (f)
Murkrow lvl 38
Mistrevus lvl 38
Vileplume lvl 40

Rocket Executive (m)
Muk lvl 38
Crobat lvl 38
Houndoom lvl 38

Tin Tower (after completion of elite four)

Rocket Executive (f)
Mimagius lvl 52
Purugly lvl 52
Crobat lvl 53
Weavile lvl 53
Vileplume lvl 54

Whirl Islands

Rocket Executive (m)
Honchkrow lvl 52
Skuntank lvl 52
Crobat lvl 53
Weavile lvl 53
Houndoom lvl 54

Power plant

Giovanni
Crobat Lvl 60
Rhyperior lvl 60
Weavile Lvl 61
Houndoom lvl 61
Weezing lvl 62
Mewtwo lvl 64 (releases after battle)

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Giovanni specialized in ground types, dude. Replace Mewtwo and Weezing with the two Nido's and that be a nice team. However, I dont think all that is plausible for the post E4 stuff, but then again, you never know.

Murky

Nocturne of Shadow
I basically just want the game to have more depth..

Going around and defeating mindless grunts doesn't fit after we have had stories like D/P/Pt.

If they manage to fit the story in with Lugia and Ho-oh, it would be amazing.

I have a feeling that they wont change too much of the story from the original games, but I will still be over the moon for their release :)

Tl;dr - A story including Ho-oh and Lugia would be amazing :)

Heart Gold

Ho-oh Blasts you off
I basically just want the game to have more depth..

Going around and defeating mindless grunts doesn't fit after we have had stories like D/P/Pt.

If they manage to fit the story in with Lugia and Ho-oh, it would be amazing.

I have a feeling that they wont change too much of the story from the original games, but I will still be over the moon for their release :)

Tl;dr - A story including Ho-oh and Lugia would be amazing :)
i was hoping that there is a TR bomb plan or TR boss obtain the opposite of legendary pokemon of yours *Lugia-Ho-oh* ;250;