• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
I personally like to see the original GSC plot unaltered, but with a post-E4 extension in some new area, similar to how the Sevii Islands Plot extended the TR plot following Giovanni's deflection and planted the seeds for TR's return in GS.

As for Giovanni himself, here are a few possibilities:

Wandering Trainer who serves as an optional boss.
Boss of the Johto Battle Tower.
In the extended Plot, Giovanni catches wind of Team Rocket's resurrection and decides to bust-up their operations himself. Extended plot climaxes with the Executives trying to convince Giovanni to return to lead them, but he refuses and teams up with the player to take out the two Executives in a Double battle.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I would really like them to stick around a bit longer or at least more involved. It seemed the only big things in GSC were the slowpoke and red gyarados events.

Neo team rocket would be a good twist but that was only in the manga.

TheSpleen

I'm not saying I expect it here, but I can't be the only one who's wanted a post-game plot where you join Team Rocket and do little side-quests to go up in ranks, eventually nabbing you a TR outfit for your sprite and an HQ that you can set up like a secret base. And you could manage the henchmen's teams and locations and invite other people to try and raid your HQ and... okay, this doesn't fit in to HG/SS at all, but how unbelievably awesome would it be in, say, 5th gen? Or as a spinoff of some sort?

god, it's been a while since i posted on this forum...so here goes,

i feel that they should make a more epic ending to the games rather than the idiot who doesn't know how to communicate with his cohorts being all like "TR is over? i be good eastern european man now!" like let's just assume they'll add another area to the game similar to the sevii islands and TR has intelligence that giovanni has been spotted out there and they feel the need to chase after him to "Ask" him to rejoin TR and he will try to elude them until the last island where there is some sort of confrontation and maybe silver will even make some sort of crazy appearance to fight dad because he's changed his ways after mt. moon. that'd be pretty epic. i just want TR to have a bigger part and more places to explore really...the empty kanto and all 9-10 cities in johto didn't always do it for me.

but honestly though, the original story worked with me even if it was lame so i'll deal i just miss johto so much even if it DID feel a little empty that i'll take anything but i can have hopes right? =]

dynamo

Do not pass Go.
god, it's been a while since i posted on this forum...so here goes,

i feel that they should make a more epic ending to the games rather than the idiot who doesn't know how to communicate with his cohorts being all like "TR is over? i be good eastern european man now!" like let's just assume they'll add another area to the game similar to the sevii islands and TR has intelligence that giovanni has been spotted out there and they feel the need to chase after him to "Ask" him to rejoin TR and he will try to elude them until the last island where there is some sort of confrontation and maybe silver will even make some sort of crazy appearance to fight dad because he's changed his ways after mt. moon. that'd be pretty epic. i just want TR to have a bigger part and more places to explore really...the empty kanto and all 9-10 cities in johto didn't always do it for me.

but honestly though, the original story worked with me even if it was lame so i'll deal i just miss johto so much even if it DID feel a little empty that i'll take anything but i can have hopes right? =]

I don't want new islands, two regions is easily enough space for such an event, but Silver confronting Giovanni is OHGODYES. I can see Gold and Silver teaming up in a double battle against Giovanni.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Now, I was thinking the whole Giovanni is silvers dad is gonna get wrapped up here.

(I only think this because of the refrence in FR/LG)

two ways I think they could that.

1=IF the sevvi islands are included (which I doubt to be honest)

2= it WITHOUT sevvi islands.

1.go with the same TR plot,but have more TR activity in kanto (with hints of locatons etc.) then have the TR's find giovanni (a grunt could menton him and whre he is at) in kanto they chase him to the sevvi Islands, you talk to bill for the pass, and after saving the island residents on the first two islands, you go to three island and find them trying to convince giovanni to rejon he refuses and either A. dissapears B. you go into a double battle with him aganst Uber executives.~ then giovanni leaves after he teams up with you (or after you defeat the tr exeutives) you overhear him talking to silver and giovanni leaves. silver says some stuff to you, then you can battle him back at the e-4 like usual.

2. same thing happens minus the islands (just around kanto instead on 1,2,3 Islands) maybe in a secret area in the viridian gym, or even the game corner basement.

theory two is the most likley of the two, but I dont know how likley it is in general though...

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Hmmm.i don't know. I'd imagine it would have something to do with what they were doing in the last game...but...as we have no current knowledge on how exactly the plot is changed, what legendaries they will integrate (if any), and what time period the game takes place in. It honestly depends on whether it is a complete remake or more of a revamp with new story-line etc. I'll save my opinion until i hear a little bit more about the games...because without it all i can say is :exactly the same thing as in GSC.

Camby

< OH HAI!
Um I would like the same baseline plot of GS, but with a few little tweaks. and of course a silver/giovani face off would pwn. but anyway! haha

ap13095

Noobslayer
Personally, I think that the plot will end up with them trying to capture the box legend. But Giovanni should be in there somewhere. If I had my way, I would somehow make him champion - that would be awesome - but it'll never happen. I like the idea of Silver confronting Dad as well - it's technically canon anyways.

m190049

Local psychopath
Comments throughout the entire thread!

it's either going to be a team-up between you and Silver
A notable difference is that your friends with Pearl. Not so much with Silver.

How about this:
A NEW-
Not in a remake.
This isn't a redo.

You could still battle Giovanni, you could meet him near Mt. Silver, and he could be all like "Hmm, you remind me of another young lad, one who helped me find a greater purpose in life, how having a bond with your pokemon means more than anything...My name is Giovanni, I was once Leader of the greatest criminal organization, but 3 years ago I was shown the errors of my ways and dedicated my life to the pokemon that chose to be with me. Would you care to test our bond? And in return I will see how well your pokemon and you have bonded." Yes/No

He did go to train after all.
This is probably the only thing I can actually see GameFreak doing. Although, it probably wouldn't be at Mt. Silver. It'd probably be a new area, akin to the Sevii Islands. I'm not saying they will be the Sevii Islands... But they added a new area for Fr/Lg. I highly doubt they'd go without adding some sort of new area in this game as well.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
I would like Team rocket to be more involved with Kanto- Maybe they go back there searching for their boss, but you defeat them there too. I just think it would add more to the game play and give kanto more of a point in the remake.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I want Team Rocket to be more involved throughout Kanto...maybe take control of Silph Co. again or the Train Station between Saffron and Goldenrod.

theforgottensoldier

divide and conquer!
I've got an idea

Maybe a reconstruction project has undergone on in kanto to rebuild/reopen things like the safari zone, cerulean cave, the museum, and cinnabar island, etc. While in the process of reconstruction team rocket kidnaps the president(as usual) and demands for or steals supplies to rebuild team rocket from the ground up and thats where the power plant piece can come into play. This would also allow for an excuse once team rocket is defeated to bring kanto back to its former glory.

Jolteonmaster2

Yes, Good Ideas:

-Giovanni is here, and you get to battle him.
-Giovanni and Silver meet, and Silver finds out about his parentage.
-Team Rocket is the same in Johto.
-Very minor legendary involvement.
-More Rocket stuff in Kanto, but NO LEGENDARIES.
-Giovanni kept to his word on the whole 'giving up on Team Rocket' thing.

No, Bad Ideas:

-OMG Team Rocket's kidnapped Ho-Oh/Lugia/Celebi/Suicune/Entei/Raikou in the most ultimate plan to conquer the world!
-Giovanni went back on his word and is evil again.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I do not want to see Giovanni return to Team Rocket. However, I would like to know if Silver really is his son.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Me too, I hope they have him return, at least so we can know if they are father/son. It was revealed in the Manga, but i'd like to see how it would play out in games. And what better game than the one silver is in lol.

Last edited:

terminoob

The Underdog
If Silver is Giovanni's son, then the first time you run into him (and beat him) he'd say something like...

"Bah! You're just like my father, he said the only thing to win is a bond between you and your Pokemon, this, coming from the man who ran the largest criminal association in the world! Well, I'm going to prove him, and now you, wrong"

Then there would be an epic battle between Giovanni and Silver, and you get to see what's going on, not just have the screen go black for 3 seconds then have the battle be over.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
If Silver is Giovanni's son, then the first time you run into him (and beat him) he'd say something like...

"Bah! You're just like my father, he said the only thing to win is a bond between you and your Pokemon, this, coming from the man who ran the largest criminal association in the world! Well, I'm going to prove him, and now you, wrong"

Then there would be an epic battle between Giovanni and Silver, and you get to see what's going on, not just have the screen go black for 3 seconds then have the battle be over.
Well, I don't think he ever knew that Giovanni was his father, and Silver hates TR.

Surfing_Pikachu

Armored Zangoose

I would love to see the Mask of Ice in Johto. Then, after you get Kanto's badges, Silver requests Gold's help with finding Giovanni, although he doesn't explain why. When you do, Gold and Silver slowly form an unspoken bond until they find and face off with Giovanni. THEN OMG TEARFUL REUNION AND SAPPY STUFF and gold and giovanni team up to face off against Team Rocket at Mt. Silver, because the top Admin has reformed Team Rocket and made himself leader because Giovanni isn't returning.