• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I hope that TR has a bigger finish. I also want Giovannie to be in the game, and for you to actually battle him. I had an idea I posted in another thread, but I think it would be really cool if you actaully got to see the birds leave Kanto. We all know they left but its never explained why. I think it would be cool to enter the place where the birds are, only to see them fly off, and then end up having to battle a TR admin. After the battle you get some inside info on the birds and why they are gone

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
I hope that TR has a bigger finish. I also want Giovannie to be in the game, and for you to actually battle him. I had an idea I posted in another thread, but I think it would be really cool if you actaully got to see the birds leave Kanto. We all know they left but its never explained why. I think it would be cool to enter the place where the birds are, only to see them fly off, and then end up having to battle a TR admin. After the battle you get some inside info on the birds and why they are gone

Articuno and Zapdos left because their homes were disturbed (Seafoam became a gym and the power plant was refurnished) however, the only explanation i can think of for Moltres is that Victory road became more public or something.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Articuno and Zapdos left because their homes were disturbed (Seafoam became a gym and the power plant was refurnished) however, the only explanation i can think of for Moltres is that Victory road became more public or something.

Yeah but TR distrubed the powerplant did they not? And didn't Cinnabar islands valcano erupt due to something TR did? (sorry its been a few years haha)

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
not that i'm aware of. Yes TR did disturb the power plant (stealing the part0, but they already had it rebuilt. And yea, the volcano blew, destroying the city and moving the gym to seafoam. but Moltres never lived on cinnabar

Surfing_Pikachu

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
not that i'm aware of. Yes TR did disturb the power plant (stealing the part0, but they already had it rebuilt. And yea, the volcano blew, destroying the city and moving the gym to seafoam. but Moltres never lived on cinnabar

I know Moltres never lived there, it all depends though if they use the VR spot or the FRLG spot for moltres. But meh it was just an idea

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
They really need to make Team Rocket saga more indepth, like, Giovanni coming back after you've like pwnd half of the team, and he then takes over.

maybe they should go after the 3 dogs. or the birds. maybe even Celebi!

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
I would love to see the Mask of Ice in Johto. Then, after you get Kanto's badges, Silver requests Gold's help with finding Giovanni, although he doesn't explain why. When you do, Gold and Silver slowly form an unspoken bond until they find and face off with Giovanni. THEN OMG TEARFUL REUNION AND SAPPY STUFF and gold and giovanni team up to face off against Team Rocket at Mt. Silver, because the top Admin has reformed Team Rocket and made himself leader because Giovanni isn't returning.
I doubt Mask of Ice would appear or any other characters or scenarios that were depicted in the manga for the simple fact that this is NOT the manga, these are videogames made by Nintendo which I do not believe are one in the same as far as development goes.

I do however wonder if Silver will be revealed as Giovanni's son. Or is that merely a part of the manga as well?

tehcip

Id like it if there was an ingame haunt for Mewtwo by Team Rocket with references throughout the game about its creation maybe witness its escape from the lab in kanto xD battle giovanni at the entrance to cerulean cave or maybe make giovanni help u capture mewtwo after u defeta him
or something like ur a much better trainer you should be able to handle mewtwo and after u get em giovanni tries to steal em from u and u battle again or smthn
or maybe just team rocket trying to recover mewtwo after giovanni failed to control it
that would make it so that mewtwo will appear in the game
also mew could be available like you could rescue it from the cloning lab
also id like the legendaries encounters to be more epic like in rse or dppt

m190049

Local psychopath
Why does everyone want Giovanni to re-appear anyway?
He left team rocket at the end of R/G/B/Y/Fr/Lg.
There doesn't need to be closure or anything.

Team Rocket was dying in G/S/C. That was the reason of their poor performance and disorganization.

Unless Giovanni appears in a scenario such as the one suggested by MetalFlygon08, I doubt he will re-appear.

This game is a remake. That usually doesn't include a plot reconstruction.

Champion Jared 14

Why does everyone want Giovanni to re-appear anyway?
He left team rocket at the end of R/G/B/Y/Fr/Lg.
There doesn't need to be closure or anything.

Team Rocket was dying in G/S/C. That was the reason of their poor performance and disorganization.

Unless Giovanni appears in a scenario such as the one suggested by MetalFlygon08, I doubt he will re-appear.

This game is a remake. That usually doesn't include a plot reconstruction.
True, but in FRLG, the rby remakes, the TR plots were altered to go out to the new areas the Sevii Islands, which weren't in the originals...And they included mentioning Giovanni's son as well...also not in the originals...

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
I'd like for Team Rocket's plans to involve more of an endgame than just calling for Giovanni. Like, if their leadership can do as much as they've done, they can clearly stand on their own without Giovanni's help. They should like do something with Rage-enhanced Pokémon; maybe enrage one of the Catdogs or something and use it to terrorize the region.

Also, after they've all disbanded, Giovanni should make a cameo, "Hey guys. You call?"

Maybe Silver could take over the team, like

Scott at the end of Austin Powers 3
, but he seemed practically turned by the end of G/S/C. "Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way."

Memo

The reason why Team Rocket are such wimps in GSC (kinda like the imperial remnant from Star Wars) is because they were demolished by the main character in RBY. It seems he put Giovanni totally out of business so for the 2nd generation TR he is just a distant memory and the carrier of the original ideologies for TR. After all, it's been two years after the events of RBY.

And after the main character messes them up in GSC, it's finally over for TR.

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
True, but in FRLG, the rby remakes, the TR plots were altered to go out to the new areas the Sevii Islands, which weren't in the originals...And they included mentioning Giovanni's son as well...also not in the originals...
That was just GameFreak's attempt to show how big Team Rocket's efforts were. I mean, really, what happened there? They bullied the locals...?
Once news of Giovanni's defection from Team Rocket was announced, the Rocket Grunts abandoned the warehouse, gave up the Sapphire they had stolen, and everything.
It was such a small plotline.

Nothing was altered. Just, "new area; and Team Rocket is also there"

...And Giovanni's son was mentioned. So?
Just a small Johto reference.

**Jirachi**

It would be cool if they add Sevii islands to HG/SS just like the FR/LG.And it would be even better if Giovanni escaped to islands for reassembling team rocket.Remember that he said "team rocket ends here,and i will go and train pokemon"(or something like that) when you beaten virdian gym.And though the HG/SS story starts 3 years later than FR/LG story,it could be that team rocket is reunited and started to operate in islands(such like attacking the communication center of celio) under the leadership of Giovanni.And then Silver(the red haired boy) finds Giovanni and faces him.
Even if they wont add such thing,i wish they add at least the Sevii islands:D:D

The reason why Team Rocket are such wimps in GSC (kinda like the imperial remnant from Star Wars) is because they were demolished by the main character in RBY.

I totally agree with you for imperial remnant and post RBY team rocket.Really brillant.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the return of team rocket, the original team, and they are soooo much better than team aqua, magma, galactic.
I doubt Giovanni will be in the remake as he wasn't in G/S and I don't believe that Silver will join team rocket as some people have been speculating.
If any of you can remember at the end of G/S Silver realises were he has gone wrong like all of the villains in the games.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
The only reason I think the whole Giovanni-is-slvers-dad thin will be wrapped up is because in FR/LG they added an entire sub plot (to get the sapphire) and at the end they ask you if theyre the bosses son, "no you dont have red hair" why would they add that? and how is it a refrence if there was no mentoning of silvers dad in the orignal game? (red hair, yeah I get that)

thats the only reason, if they hadnt put that line of text I wouldnt think it would be added.

that is WHY I think silver will find out about his dad...(since people also say that tr will get no changes)

LonelyHat

Fedora-sama
I'd like to see some more plottiness as much as anyone, but I- uh...seriously doubt they'll make any dramatic changes. ^^''' I just think it would be out of character, when compared to the games so far.

Fans have been going wild with Giovanni and his kid ever since G/S/C was new and I really, honestly WOULD love, love, LOVE to see it elaborated upon and maybe turned into a mini-quest or anything, really, to let us get to know them better, but...

...BUT...it probably won't happen. ): The developers are more than likely worried (provided that they are considering the possibility at all) that any such leaps into a side character's past and personality would take the focus off of the main character's...erm... 'maincharacterness'.

TR will more then likely remain the goofy, clutzy, ridiculously easy to beat lot they were in G/S/C. I'll be rooting for that NOT to happen with all my heart, but...it probably will... T.T