• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Poliwagged

If Giovanni appears in this remake, I could see him as being a changed person. Being defeated by a 10 year old multiple times was probably a kick in the nuts wake up call to him. Maybe he'll finally appear and he'll be like "Ok everyone, seriously, knock it the hell off"

Though I could see him challenging Gold to a battle just to feel the thrill of a battle again after being away for so long.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Though I could see him challenging Gold to a battle just to feel the thrill of a battle again after being away for so long.

On the flipside, he could also be in some sort of double battle alongside you for some reason. It would defeat a lot of points made in the R/B/Y, but at least Giovanni would be set in stone within the game. At this point, we don't even know if he's going to be in the game or not.

m190049

Local psychopath
People keep wanting him to interfere with the main plot. If anything, the main plot will be one of the ones things they will NOT change.

If anything, he'll appear in an added section of the plot, on a new area (akin to how the sevii islands had a plot on them. A plot for the assumed new Johto area).

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
It'd be cool if Giovanni appeared in some sort of event outside the main plot. I can see him launching a small Rocket operation in an attempt to search for his son. Then you battle him at the end or somethin'. Either way, its a notch up cutting off Slowpoke tail.

m190049

Local psychopath
It'd be cool if Giovanni appeared in some sort of event outside the main plot. I can see him launching a small Rocket operation in an attempt to search for his son. Then you battle him at the end or somethin'. Either way, its a notch up cutting off Slowpoke tail.
...Giovanni left Team Rocket at the end of R/G/B/Y...

m190049

Local psychopath
When you quit, your not exactly the boss anymore. =/
Besides, he notably left because he wanted to turn over a new leaf... And one of the points of G/S/C Team Rocket was that they were struggling without a leader, following a couple "Rocket Executives".

IF Giovanni re-appears, he won't be connected to Team Rocket anymore...
Besides, who said he doesn't know where his son is? The Scientist in Fr/Lg that mentions him says that he has read hair. That means he's either seen him, or heard of him before... Which means he has some sort of connection to Team Rocket...

KKInu

For those speculating about Giovanni's son, please note it is still technically unconfirmed whether or not Silver is Giovanni's son, or if Giovanni even HAS a son in the game universe. All we know in the game universe is that Giovanni has a CHILD, they purposely made the dialogue from FR/LGgender ambiguous because it is still uncertain to the public.

I seriously hope that TR return. A mask of ice plot would be nice, but unlikely. I think it would be good if Silver took over as TR leader - seeing as he's a dirty rotten theif. An interesting guess.

I seriously hope that TR return. A mask of ice plot would be nice, but unlikely. I think it would be good if Silver took over as TR leader - seeing as he's a dirty rotten theif. An interesting guess.

A Mask of Ice Plot would be nice, Professor Elm could give you a package, which has the Gs ball in to deliver to Kurt. But the Mask of Ice takes it away, to use it for his own plans - (To rescue his Lapras's). And after he uses it, it somehow gets destroyed, and traps the Mask of Ice in time.

But then, you go onto Nintendo WFC, and download the GS ball, which has somehow got fixed, and Kurt appears after you step out of the PokeMart, and says he wants you to meet him in Ilex Forest. You meet him outside of the shrine, and then you could meet Celebi. It would be a great improvement over the old storyline, and plus it also leads up to an event.

M4zz

Banned
Team Rocket should have a strong reputation like the Manga. Have Neo team rocket in johto, and plain team rocket in kanto. Silver should get to fight his dad too.

Torpoleon

I'm thinking that Team Rocket will be same. This is from the picture with a Team Rocket Grunt standing in front of the Slowpoke Well and Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well was in G/S. Of course their plans could be slightly tweaked because that is just one picture. Besides, in Platinum, TG had their plot slightly tweaked.

abgar

Fufufufu
maybe giovanni appears to tell TR hes not comming back, they realise he's being serious and a new boss emerges, they kidnap giovanni (who is probably a new and important person doing good things with his money) then TR does some eviler things (they get near killing lugia/ho-oh trying to get the silver soul/golden hearth, which are infinite sources of power, but you stop them in time... killing and restore them with the "powar of pokemon tearz" would aso work, its not like TR hasnt killed pokemon before) under their new boss commands, you dont know hes not the boss anymore though... and you end up rescuing him after a series of strange events?

nah, unlikely to happen.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
For those speculating about Giovanni's son, please note it is still technically unconfirmed whether or not Silver is Giovanni's son, or if Giovanni even HAS a son in the game universe. All we know in the game universe is that Giovanni has a CHILD, they purposely made the dialogue from FR/LGgender ambiguous because it is still uncertain to the public.

Sincerely, get real. You waste your own time and others energy by assuming there is a different relationship between them from the manga. There's no way he's not.

Meganium

Team Rocket are theives and crooks, not like the other teams who are more like radical idealists. They were fine in the begining: Slowpoke Well, The underground base in the seventh gym city (forget name), even their eventual control of the radio tower. All good ideas. If they drop in a few more occurrences and an actual leader, Team Rocket would be great. I don't see Giovanni as the leader and definitely not Silver. Even though he stole his pokemon he sees them as weak and cowards: he hates team Rocket.

Maybe the new leader should be some new character like the old number two of team rocket who has taken over and doesn't like the way Giovanni handeled things. His ultimate goal should be controling pokemon or evolution like in the first with the radio tower, but there should be a final confrontation of him trying to catch lugia or ho-oh or something of that nature.

As a side story after the E4, Silver should go find Giovanni and you can battle both of them. Giovanni is re-evaluating his goals and team rocket. Maybe he confronts the new leader or something.

Last edited:

League

Master Abra Catcher
Maybe the new leader should be some new character like the old number two of team rocket who has taken over and doesn't like the way Giovanni handeled things. His ultimate goal should be controling pokemon or evolution like in the first with the radio tower, but there should be a final confrontation of him trying to catch lugia or ho-oh or something of that nature.
Old number two--good one.

Though Giovanni is cool and all, arguably, the coolest of them all, I don't know just how he'd tie in. Regardless, maybe there could be some ambitious members (too ambitious) who try to do some ambitious (too ambitious) things, and then some others would be like, "Nah B, that ain't cool." Just a helpless suggestion.

I do like the idea of individual leaders throwing subplots around Lugia and the dogs and Ho-oh, and maybe even Celebi (if not preferably Celebi), but the classic idea worked pretty well I think.

Llama_Guy

Awesomely awesome
I hope Red returns, and I hope he has an awesome four-generation-spanning team of epicness! =D

Llama_Guy

Awesomely awesome
I hope Red returns, and I hope he has an awesome four-generation-spanning team of epicness! =D

ScorpioStarmie

Concert Headbanger
Team rocket will deff be on it. Gio will be the leader absolutely~