• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
I doubt that there will be much change to the TR plotline. There may be something in the extra expanded region (if they have one similar to the Sevii Islands), which would be interesting. As far as Giovanni coming back, I don't think so, unless he appears as a cameo in the small expanded section.

Brandnewgold

I hope that there will be a Jessie James battle, but thats only in yellow. Other than that I want to find out what Giovanni has been doing for 3 yrs. and if he heard his executives' messages to come back.

Chaos Shadow

On the flipside, he could also be in some sort of double battle alongside you for some reason. It would defeat a lot of points made in the R/B/Y, but at least Giovanni would be set in stone within the game. At this point, we don't even know if he's going to be in the game or not.

I just wanted to echo this point from a couple of days ago.

I've been a fan of TR since I crossed Nugget Bridge back in my Blue version and that fellow at the end offered me a post in Team Rocket. Unfortunately, the game says you can't join, but oh was I tempted (and having said that, I just realized how strange a kid I was...). Giovanni has always had a special place in my heart as a result, and I was rather disappointed in the original Gold/Silver that the TR plot fizzled without any information about him.

FR/LG reminded me about the plot point that he vowed to better himself after losing to Red in the Gym Battle, and he disbanded Team Rocket right there as a result and then vanished. This was a good ending for him in Red/Blue (etc), but it would have been nice to see him three years later, reacting to the fact that people are still following his tainted ideals.

Which, I would propose, would be a good use for Kanto in these remakes. Kanto has very little storyline to it in the original Gold/Silver; it was more of an afterthought than a real part of the game, and though it was fun, it was insubstantial. Nice to revisit, out of sheer nostalgia, but overall fairly pointless. The storyline here could potentially be expanded so the Team Rocket branch becomes more militant once the Johto group is defeated, and Giovanni himself stages his appearance and tells his disciples they were misguided. He seems like the kind of guy that would get fed up after three years of people committing acts of injustice under his name when he already disavowed relationship with the group.

It could be little more than a cameo appearance at the climax of a secondary storyline, although I think it would be a nice touch if he came out and allied himself with you in order to diffuse the threat and redeem himself for his past transgressions. (Seriously, Giovanni needs more love; he was such an integral part to the originals, it's a shame to see him just disappear).

I apologize if this was already brought up; I haven't perused the entire thread to look over it.

Also, Silver as Giovanni's son? I would not be opposed, but the mention in FR/LG seems more like a shout-out to the manga than anything to be pursued in later games. But, like I said, it would be a nice plot to pursue. Silver needs backstory. IIRC, he was just a thief who had it out for Team Rocket back in Gold/Silver, so giving him some connection to anything would be most welcome.

Tyrant Tar

I hope that there will be a Jessie James battle, but thats only in yellow. Other than that I want to find out what Giovanni has been doing for 3 yrs. and if he heard his executives' messages to come back.

The Rocket Exec.s kinda resemble Jessie and James, I think they even had an Arbok and Weezing. That's probably as close to their anime counterparts they'll get.

As for Giovanni, I doubt we'll get more than a vague hint. Giovanni being gone and presumably having no interest in returning to Team Rocket was the whole point in GSC.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
As for Giovanni, I doubt we'll get more than a vague hint. Giovanni being gone and presumably having no interest in returning to Team Rocket was the whole point in GSC.

Even so, I'd like to see Team Rocket with a better leader, if not Giovanni. Of all the generations and their respective villains, the Second Generation Team Rocket was the least memorable. Obviously they have been trying to regroup from being decimated in First Generation, but I'd like something a bit stronger from them.

If Charon could regroup Team Galactic in Platinum, then it's possible for Team Rocket to be regrouped by a new leader.

uhhh6677

I just hope they make Team Rocket somewhat difficult to beat. At least later on.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I just hope they make Team Rocket somewhat difficult to beat. At least later on.

I agree
In G/S/C they were more of an annoyance than a challange

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I agree with the fact of Giovanni having a cameo, it'd be great. Yeah, they can get regrouped by a real new leader and get stronger, instead of just being extremely annoying.

Torterra62

Champion
A new leader like Charon in Platinum would be good. In Viridian before going to battle Red there should be an epic double battle. New leader trying one last thing with Silver v.s Gold/Soul and Giovanni trying to stop his son and defeat team rocket. Giovanni couuld also follow TR like Looker

Chaos Shadow

Mask of Ice would be fascinating and awesome, but that seems a bit of an extreme alteration to make.

Overall, I just hope that Team Rocket has a better motive in this game than they did in the originals. The TR aspect of the storyline was weak and rather unfulfilling; to be honest, I completely forget they did anything whatever in the game before reading through this forum.

And that's just terrible.

CRUSH10055

サイダーを飲んでる人
I hope if Team Rocket appears again and is stronger than in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal version.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I think the rocket story will stay the same with possible extras in the whirl island and tin tower
But if there was some more rocket story added then possibly some kind of story in the bellsprout tower

laylaswings

Billy Joel rox! =]
i think that Giovanni would come back into power and silver would be tied in there somewhere and i think that team rocket would hold a certain pokemon captive. deoxys?

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I doubt they will change the Team Rocket Storyline completely.

Maybe just tweak it a little like in FireRed and LeafGreen.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Giovanni couuld also follow TR like Looker

I doubt GameFreak would go as far as to make Giovanni follow Team Rocket as much as Looker followed Team Galactic. If Giovanni appears in a cameo, however, he could talk about tracking Team Rocket with some type of technology. Not as hellbent as Looker, but still pretty decent.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I think it would be kinda cool to the ruins of the old Rocket base in Celadon. Or maybe a certain mafia leader may be hiding among the ruins ;) Steal Pokemon for Profit! Sell Pokemon for Profit! All pokemon exist, for the glory of Team Rocket. Oh the good old days...

Tyrant Tar

i think that team rocket would hold a certain pokemon captive. deoxys?

Wait a minute... I know Anime=/=Games, but the intros to one of the movies features Rayquaza inexplicably captured by Attila and Hun (Team Rocket in Johto), which could, possibly, maybe, not very likely, have a tie in to HGSS?

I dunno, I kinda doubt it, but could be a way to tie in Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza.