• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
I doubt they will change the Team Rocket Storyline completely.

Maybe just tweak it a little like in FireRed and LeafGreen.

Out of curiosity, what were the tweaks TR had before the Sevii Islands in FRLG?

Wait a minute... I know Anime=/=Games, but the intros to one of the movies features Rayquaza inexplicably captured by Attila and Hun (Team Rocket in Johto), which could, possibly, maybe, not very likely, have a tie in to HGSS?

I dunno, I kinda doubt it, but could be a way to tie in Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza.

They don't need to tie the weather trio. If they want to add them, they could just use Navel Rock (NOT the Sevii, only it and maybe Birth) and make it an event-only island, just like it was last gen for Lugia and Ho-oh.

Toastybob

Is this real life?
Slightly off topic, but, from FR/LG, I was under the inpression that "Giovanni's Kid" was the Elite Four member with the red hair, and the house with the dolls on four Island. Loreli? I can't recall her name. Silver does seem to fit the bill better, though.

PrimalDialga22

Deity of Time
Team Rocket need several upgrades.

-First, they need level bumpage (actually, so does nearly everything in this game)
-Second, they need to have an actual leader, not two nameless Executives.
-Third, they need to go down with a bang, not a whimper. The Executives leaving, and then meeting that grunt in Kanto, not knowing TR had disbanded, was just an insult to the best evil Team in Pokemon history.
-Fourth, they need to have more appearances and just be more of a threat generally.
-Fifth, there should be an appearance from TR in a post game area, Kanto/Sevii Islands/New Area
-Sixth, they should at least go after your opposite game legendary, it would be far better than *go to Pewter, randomly have the Silver/Rainbow Wing thrown at you*
-Seventh, Giovanni should make an appearance at some point in the game, even if its a small cameo
-Eighth-Silver's backstory should be explained, including Giovanni parentage. Maybe the reason he hates those who stick together in a group because he had to survive on his own without his father.

Last edited:

The Flash

I like shorts!
Team Rocket need several upgrades.

-First, they need level bumpage (actually, so does nearly everything in this game)
-Second, they need to have an actual leader, not two nameless Executives.
-Third, they need to go down with a bang, not a whimper. The Executives leaving, and then meeting that grunt in Kanto, not knowing TR had disbanded, was just an insult to the best evil Team in Pokemon history.
-Fourth, they need to have more appearances and just be more of a threat generally.
-Fifth, there should be an appearance from TR in a post game area, Kanto/Sevii Islands/New Area
-Sixth, they should at least go after your opposite game legendary, it would be far better than *go to Pewter, randomly have the Silver/Rainbow Wing thrown at you*
-Seventh, Giovanni should make an appearance at some point in the game, even if its a small cameo
-Seventh-Silver's backstory should be explained, including Giovanni parentage. Maybe the reason he hates those who stick together in a group because he had to survive on his own without his father.

I agree completely. TR did have a weak closure with the power plant. That seemed kinda dumb to me. I think that Giovanni should show up and have professor elm hostage in mount silver. Then you fight through mount silver and it blows up. After everything is beaten and you have all 16 badges and clear the elite four again, *Red* is in a new cave that was formed from the explosion of mount silver. where you will fight it out in the greatest pokemon battle ever.

and you said seventh twice.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I'm thinking that they will do the same thing in HG/SS, and only put the tweaks in after the E4 in the small new area.

I hope they both add in parts before and after the main storyline ends. Team Rocket was pathetic during the original Gold and Silver; I seriously hope that GameFreak will make them more challenging during the remakes. They didn't change Team Rocket in FireRed/LeafGreen because they worked well enough when left alone. This Team Rocket, though, needs a lot of work.

Chaos Shadow

i think it will stay th same i mean its a remake not too much will be different

Sadly, I agree that it probably will stay the same.

I would prefer, however, if Team Rocket was much elaborated upon. It was a weak enemy in G/S/C, almost more of an afterthought; in retrospect, Team Rocket's weakness might actually be a contributing factor into why G/S/C is my least-favorite generation.

Adding something for them to do during the post-game is the least that they can do, though. Game Freak added a little TR mini-story post-game in Fr/Lg; no reason they can't do something similar here, at the very least.

But I'd ask for a complete re-tool of their role, at least in Kanto, like I mentioned somewhere-or-other in the thread. Team Rocket needs more love.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
They got hit hard in G/S/C, no surprise they were dropped in R/S, but they were able to make a decent story about them for Fr/Lg, maybe they can do the same thing again for our Johto Remakes.

Maetch

The problem with Team Rocket is that, thanks to their portrayal in the anime, the entire organization is just one big, pathetic joke. In the games they did appear in, they were fairly respectable villains, but the anime pretty much wrecked their overall reputation in the franchise.

I would like to see Team Rocket finally become worthy of the series meta-villains again, back before they got dumbed down and eventually replaced by those Magma/Aqua/Galactic losers, but not in this remake. I'd prefer an all-new game where the Rockets finally get back up to snuff.

The Flash

I like shorts!
The problem with Team Rocket is that, thanks to their portrayal in the anime, the entire organization is just one big, pathetic joke. In the games they did appear in, they were fairly respectable villains, but the anime pretty much wrecked their overall reputation in the franchise.

I would like to see Team Rocket finally become worthy of the series meta-villains again, back before they got dumbed down and eventually replaced by those Magma/Aqua/Galactic losers, but not in this remake. I'd prefer an all-new game where the Rockets finally get back up to snuff.

yeah. team magma/aqua/galactic kinda ruined the bad guy plot. Like the team leader in R/S/E pretty much saying..."I'm going to erupt the volcano while i'm right next to it. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!" what a loser.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Well, we are obviously getting team rocket back....

*faintly says yay*

Will Giovanni come with them though?
And will they be the same as in FR/LG?

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
I doubt the Mask of Ice will appear.
I don't know if you guys remember, but Pyrce is the leader of Neo Team Rocket. A gym leader is the leader of NTR.
They can't have a gym leader just disappear into a time rift.
You can always find them in their gym, remember?
You could always go in and save him, but that's basically the same as Platinum's climax of the plot.

Chaos Shadow

Incorrent. In Red/Blue and Fr/Lg, Giovanni -- being the leader of Team Rocket -- disappears after you defeat him. There's precedent for a Gym Leader going AWOL after being defeated.

Other than that, though, I doubt they would retool the entire story to fit in a storyline from a popular but unofficial manga. It would be pretty awesome, I'm not saying otherwise, but chances are not good that they will change the storyline so drastically.

Which is a shame, because Gold/Silver didn't have much of a storyline to them.

Maetch

Which is a shame, because Gold/Silver didn't have much of a storyline to them.

What story? It was the same as all the others:

*Get a starter
*Wander the region and get badges
*Stop Team (insert name here) from conquering the world
*Beat Elites and Champion
*The End

The plot detail is increased in later games, but they're still broken down into the same old story.

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
oh my gosh. This is the second of two games with team rocket in it. Could they be blasting off... forever? I mean, RBY and GSC were the only games with rocket, so does that mean we will never see them again?

Chaos Shadow

What story? It was the same as all the others:

*Get a starter
*Wander the region and get badges
*Stop Team (insert name here) from conquering the world
*Beat Elites and Champion
*The End

The plot detail is increased in later games, but they're still broken down into the same old story.

The details make the difference. GSC broke it down to the absolute core; there are some evil people doing... some evil things for... some... reason. Because they want to talk to their leader again because without them they don't know why they're... doing... anything...

Yeah, Team Rocket needs a little buffing.

Although perhaps 'plot' was the wrong word. I should have said 'motivation'. And 'direction'. Because they're really just wandering around doing some evil things because it's almost like they're obligated to. They have no leader; their structure dissolved; so they flail about desperately trying to muss things up without having an actual goal. They aren't even anarchists (since they took the radio tower to try and broadcast to Giovanni to come be their leader again).

I remember watching footage of a fake GS remake on YouTube, Team Rocket were causing trouble at a lighthouse in a snowbound town. Maybe we'll see somthing like that after the main story. Or maybe even the chance to go to one or more of the Sevii Islands?