• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
eh........nope. Cyrus isnt the type to have partners. He has no use for people except as underlings and Giovanni would not go for it.

Luxray101

i hope it explains why team rocket just fizzle out after you meet the grunt at the power plant. i always wondered about that

Explains how Lance was able to blend in so well in the Lake of Rage episodes ;] But nah, i like it. It's... pink hair, man! Only real men have pink hair.

Lmao, Lance blending in.......
Think, we'll actually be able to see Dragonite Hyper Beam that dude in the Mahoghany Town store. That would be pretty cool as well.

Yoru Ryu

Zhampy
Lmao, Lance blending in.......
Think, we'll actually be able to see Dragonite Hyper Beam that dude in the Mahoghany Town store. That would be pretty cool as well.

Ooh, i bet they wuss out and have that guy have his own Pokemon to take the blow. He's a Rocket so he'd probably have a Golbat. But really, Lance ordering a Hyper Beam on a person, he must really dislike the Rockets XD

Ooh, i bet they wuss out and have that guy have his own Pokemon to take the blow. He's a Rocket so he'd probably have a Golbat. But really, Lance ordering a Hyper Beam on a person, he must really dislike the Rockets XD

Lance probably didn't even mean to hurt him.
But you could imagine Lance being all brawl and no brains couldn't you.

The Rockets mostly have Zubats, Golbats, Koffings, Ekans and other poison type Pokemon, so a Golbat would seem likely.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Has anyone heard the new rocket theme. It sounds really good

Chaos Shadow

As to Cyrus teaming up with Giovanni, it wouldn't happen. G/S/C and D/P/Pt take place concurrently, or close to it, which means that Cyrus would still be in Sinnoh, being evil and such on his own time. Plus, like somebody mentioned, Cyrus isn't the kind to take partners; given his speeches (particularly in Platinum) about the stupidity of all and how he must tear the world asunder in order to rid it of the pollution of humanity, I don't think he'd team up with somebody with just as much ambition and finesse as he has. Cyrus is too egocentric.

And Giovanni is trying to redeem himself. After you defeat him in his gym, he admits to seeing the error of his ways and goes on a journey for self-betterment. He wouldn't ally himself with somebody like Cyrus; Giovanni wouldn't fall for his propoganda, he's too smart.

To echo what I said earlier, I still hope that Giovanni does make a return in a post-game plotline, responding to the radio messages from the tower and putting an end to Team Rocket with his own hands.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
And Giovanni is trying to redeem himself. After you defeat him in his gym, he admits to seeing the error of his ways and goes on a journey for self-betterment. He wouldn't ally himself with somebody like Cyrus; Giovanni wouldn't fall for his propoganda, he's too smart.

To echo what I said earlier, I still hope that Giovanni does make a return in a post-game plotline, responding to the radio messages from the tower and putting an end to Team Rocket with his own hands.

This was why I think that Giovanni should be the one who founded the International Police...

GamerSonic

I don't think Giovanni will make an appearance in the main story, but maybe post game.

Tyrant Tar

i hope it explains why team rocket just fizzle out after you meet the grunt at the power plant. i always wondered about that

IIRC, when you fight the Boss Rocket Exec. for the last time, he says something along the lines of "Now I see why Giovanni hasn't returned. I, as acting leader of Team Rocket, disband the Team forever."

The one grunt in Kanto simply never got the memo until after being beaten by you.

IIRC, when you fight the Boss Rocket Exec. for the last time, he says something along the lines of "Now I see why Giovanni hasn't returned. I, as acting leader of Team Rocket, disband the Team forever."

The one grunt in Kanto simply never got the memo until after being beaten by you.

Yeah.
I agree.
I was wondering about that also...

Maetch

This was why I think that Giovanni should be the one who founded the International Police...

Giovanni couldn't have founded it. There was an NPC in R/B/Y/Fr/Lg who said that he was with the "GLOBAL Police". Obviously, Global MEANS International, so it's most likely the same organization, just with an updated name.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Giovanni couldn't have founded it. There was an NPC in R/B/Y/Fr/Lg who said that he was with the "GLOBAL Police". Obviously, Global MEANS International, so it's most likely the same organization, just with an updated name.

...Where was this NPC? Methinks I should go back into my FR cartridge and have a word with this so-called Global Policeman...

Thriller

Its almost time
I hope the Rockets story will be the same. I don't want to see them trying to catch Ho-oh or Lugia to try and do something "evil" with them.

Team Rocket are the only most evil team out of all four that's been presented, I'd hate to see them rehashing some plot, I'd rather see them redo one.