• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket fans, are you dissapointed by the way we’re handled in this series?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I’m hopeful too, but there’s a lot of loose ends in Hoenn and I’m not sure which they’ll get to. Latias if it isn’t the Alto Mare Latias, as well as Serena, Arbok and Weezing, and potentially May somehow and Togetic. I hope they can do justice to all those things.

At the very least, I can imagine Mareanie, Mimikyu, Stufful, and Bewear will appear one more time.
When you think about all the old Pokemon, 11 episodes doesn't even seem nearly enough, lol.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
You know. I'm reminded of the beginning of PM with their seiyuu literally begging fans to support them on social media to have TRio appear more often. Their seiyuu also complained about TRio being serious in BW. I'm honestly getting the impression the writers have wanted to get rid of them for a while. Kind of goes to show the state of their characters, they were more fine in SM where they had a purpose outside of Satoshi and fun captures but I agree TR's dynamic and relationship with Satoshi has run its course.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The TRio has been mishandled for a long time and they should’ve left before DP. They were having some progress in BW where they didn’t appear as much and were semi competent (the whole TRio being serious wasn’t even a bad look. It actually improved them but Japan prefers them being complete idiotic fools staying stagnant) and then later on in BW, they were ok. SM were beautifully done where they weren’t reliant on merely catching Pikachu or Satoshi tachi Pokemon and they felt fresh. XY, they were utterly useless. DP, they were utterly irritating to the bone of appearing almost every episode with the same failed shtick of catching Satoshi tachi Pokemon and blasting off (but their episodes made up for it.) They’re pretty pointless in JN. They should’ve left at SM at the very maximum , like Ash.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Would be pretty OOC for them if they went after the Pikachu-less girl across the damn globe over their masochistic fascination for the one Pikachu.
Pikachu is their primary goal but I mean.

• Whatever starters Roy and Loki have could have potential
  • They still want to make money
  • They want to please their boss
  • And most importantly, aren't they already in Paldea?

Sham

The Guardian of War
They better leave, they've been pointless and annoying since AG.
I prefer them staying than Ash I fear and it's only because they don't hog more screen time since BW (XY?) and they were somewhat interesting in SM. In all reality given that they've been to Paldea and was assigned to look for The Pokémon there, I doubt they're leaving. Sorry :/

Sham

The Guardian of War

We all know the true conclusion to Mewoth's arc.

If Journeys is any indication how they'll be treated (which is barely appearing) then yes retire them with a great ending

Ryker101

Yeah Journeys wasn’t a good series for them. The gatcha made them menacing at first but it kept giving them weak mons after. They’d lose instantly to Ash/Goh and barely bonded with their mons this time. Morpeko was so annoying. And man, it’s so boring when they get shoehorned into filler eps as the main conflict. They also don’t have that same banter with Ash and his companions anymore. It’s a noticeable step down from SM overall. They had nice eps like the ditto and vacation one tho

bmw9413

I hate how Journeys handled them, they were just there to be there. When they revealed Butch and Cassidy quit TR to follow their dreams of operating a cafe, that was a sure sign that Jessie James and Meowth would eventually outgrow TR and separate at the end of Journeys to find their own dreams. I hope Ash's epilogue gives them a good send off and not pointless comic relief.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Yes. ESPECIALLY after they were at their all time best in SM and XY...

The worst part is them not having Pokemon of their own. No, I'm NOT counting Chewtle and Morpeko, considering they did nothing outside of gags. Instead we have them getting personality free punching bags with a few minutes of screentime that are NEVER seen again afterwards. What's more, there's something insulting about seeing otherwise formidable Pokemon we've seen other characters make good use of be treated like chumps just because Jessie and Jame are using them. It's HIGHLY unfair to all involved... :'(

I just hope they get some good moments in "Aim to be a Master" AND get a good conclusion. Because they sure deserve better than what PM2019 gave them to be their last hurrah!

Last edited:

Pokeshipper_

Yes, Team Rocket not having their own mons (Morpeko was annoying and useless) during Pokémon Journeys was really one of the worst things during this serie

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I loved how Morpeko was handled in this series! Best team rocket mon if you ask me.

Pokeshipper_

I miss Team Rocket own mons, where are the iconic Carnivine, Seviper, Dustox, Arbok, Weezing and the Alola mons? Cacnea too!