• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Rocket Pokemon

jindahouse

Water Pokemon Master
Right do you think it unfair for james to have only 2 pokemon and jessie the worse trainer of the two to have 3 i think james needs another fighter pokemon like cacnea on his team.
which pokemon do you think James should have and why???
I think james should have a gligar because its fisty (a lillte like victreebel) and would scare james but would be a good battler but it wouldn't attack him like victreebel as cacnea does that already.

So what pokemon do you think james should have and why?

Idk they get a Manyula that follows them around and helps them.Kinda like Delibird but actually listens and follows them more often.xD

Kabuto

little punks!
I want Jessie to get the Manyula for the reasons I have explained millions of times in many threads. Besides Wobbufet and Chimecho don't even fight so technically James has 1 and Jessie has 2 that battle. But Dustox is hardly used anyway.

Zomg i have an idea that will never happen what if the kid that got his wobuffet traded with her lickitung was in Kanto and she accedentaly(sp?) traded her Dustox with his Lickitung.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Yes, James only has 2 Pokemon while Jessie has 3, but James' Pokemon are paticularly awesome. Cacnea and Chimecho [and soon after, [spoil]Manene[/spoil]] are unique, original Pokemon with cute little quirks that complement James' friendly nature.

I'm actually very pleased with all the Rocket Pokemon since AG began, as Seviper, Dustox, Cacnea, and Chimecho are some of my favourite Pokemon. Lucky me ;O

G

Geki

Jessie is the worst trainer of the three. I think she's better then James, actually. James is more of a trainer that likes to play and hang around with his Pokemon, while Jessie really only uses her Pokemon for battle and crime. James is fine with Cacnea and [SPOIL]Manene[/SPOIL], I think. I wish Jessie would just capture a [SPOIL]Manyula[/SPOIL] already.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
More Pokemon for any character would only mean too many personalities needed for all of Team Rocket's Pokemon to share around, and even then, at the end of the day they'll only end up on the 'blasting off again' list.

Although I'm unsure of the reason Jessie has one more Pokemon than James...meh, I suppose the writers wanted to start them fresh and give them 2 Pokemon each for frequent showcasing, but of course everyone's favourite Wobbuffet remained so they decided to just leave it and stick with their old plans.

ArrEmmDee

I am under the impression Jessie is going to catch [SPOIL]Smoochum[/SPOIL] successfully next episode, since they seem to have come off with a profit in the recent Japanese episode, and it would make sense to compliment James' [SPOIL]Manene[/SPOIL].

When you throw in Wobbuffet and Chimecho, that's a lot of Psychic types, even if she doesn't get [SPOIL]Smoochum[/SPOIL] next episode. What happened to the Poison love? I realize TR is now extremely loose from canon, but I still think some focus should be given on poison type Pokémon, or at least give them a dark type-- Manyula for Jessie, eh?

And I suppose the problem with the Poison type for them is now that Weezing and Arbok are out of the picture, and they already have Sevvy, none of the other poisons have a personality that would fit them well. Drat.

jindahouse

Water Pokemon Master
duxtox although bug is also poison though
i love smoochcum so much so i think its the perfect pokemon for jessie plus she would show off its skills and fight if jessie doesn't may should

Last edited:

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
ArrEmmDee said:
I am under the impression Jessie is going to catch [SPOIL]Smoochum[/SPOIL] successfully next episode, since they seem to have come off with a profit in the recent Japanese episode, and it would make sense to compliment James' [SPOIL]Manene[/SPOIL].

When you throw in Wobbuffet and Chimecho, that's a lot of Psychic types, even if she doesn't get [SPOIL]Smoochum[/SPOIL] next episode. What happened to the Poison love? I realize TR is now extremely loose from canon, but I still think some focus should be given on poison type Pokémon, or at least give them a dark type-- Manyula for Jessie, eh?

And I suppose the problem with the Poison type for them is now that Weezing and Arbok are out of the picture, and they already have Sevvy, none of the other poisons have a personality that would fit them well. Drat.
Jessie has 2 Poison types, Seviper and Dustox o_O They could have given James Gulpin, but instead they decided on Chimecho.

Yes, Team Rocket does have some Psychic types, but haven't you noticed a pattern yet?

Wobbufett is for comic relief, it pops out of its Pokeball every 2 seconds and uses Counter or Mirror Coat every 130 episodes. Not exactly using its full powers, now is it?

Chimecho is good for popping out during the Motto and giggling in the backround. It has a knack for healing Team Rocket when hurt, but James seems to have forgotten about its Heal Bell as of late. In the Lilycove Contest, it was seen using Wrap, Astonish, and Double-Edge.

[spoil]Manene is another 'Prop Pokemon'. It stands around, looking cute and imitates Team Rocket. It'll use the occassional Mimic or Tickle once in a while, but besides that, it's pretty much just coddling material.[/spoil]

The Pattern is, Team Rocket Psychic Pokemon are USELESS and don't use their full potential [or Psychic attacks in general].

jindahouse

Water Pokemon Master
i also thought they could give him a gulpin but thought of the episode i would have been easy for one of the gulpin 2 end up with team rocket and walking into james pokeball them they could have still given jmes chimecho when they did

ArrEmmDee

.Combusken. said:

Jessie has 2 Poison types, Seviper and Dustox o_O They could have given James Gulpin, but instead they decided on Chimecho.

Yes, Team Rocket does have some Psychic types, but haven't you noticed a pattern yet?

Wobbufett is for comic relief, it pops out of its Pokeball every 2 seconds and uses Counter or Mirror Coat every 130 episodes. Not exactly using its full powers, now is it?

Chimecho is good for popping out during the Motto and giggling in the backround. It has a knack for healing Team Rocket when hurt, but James seems to have forgotten about its Heal Bell as of late. In the Lilycove Contest, it was seen using Wrap, Astonish, and Double-Edge.

[spoil]Manene is another 'Prop Pokemon'. It stands around, looking cute and imitates Team Rocket. It'll use the occassional Mimic or Tickle once in a while, but besides that, it's pretty much just coddling material.[/spoil]

The Pattern is, Team Rocket Psychic Pokemon are USELESS and don't use their full potential [or Psychic attacks in general].

Well yeah, obviously they still have some poison types. But I was referring to the dispriportionality of poison types present. And when it comes to TR Pokémon fulfilling their potentials, I don't think any of them really ever have, considering the ones that were powerful always could have been that much more. That's just TR, though.

Meh. They'll balance it all out to normality or something like it eventually.

jindahouse

Water Pokemon Master
sorry i did look around but couldn't fink a thread and they are slightly different as i am asking for ideas for james 3rd pokemon

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
And a thread about Team Rocket's next pokemon and a thread about James's next pokemon deserve to be seperate?

PDL

disenchanted
I don't think they'll give team rocket any more pokemon.

It seems that Team Rocket are always together, unlike the other main characters who have independent teams and can enter and leave at will (only when sagas end and begin though)

Unlike the other characters, they can only have a maximum of six together, this includes Meowth. Being team Rocket's equvilent of Pikachu, he'll never leave. Plus being able to speak human, it has the freedom and luxury of having a personality that's much more developed then other pokemon carried by the main characters.

this makes the number of possible TR pokemon to just five, and currently, it's completely filled (Wobba, Serviper, Cacnea, Dustox and [SPOIL]Manene[/SPOIL])

sevendash

Casual Player
Actually, they have shown that trainers only carry 6 Pokemon at a time when one of Ash's Pokemon was teleported back to Oak after he caught it. Since Team Rocket battles as a single trainer, they also only carry 6 Pokemon like a single trainer would.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
jindahouse said:
Right do you think it unfair for james to have only 2 pokemon and jessie the worse trainer of the two

I wouldn't say Jessie is any worse of a trainer than James is, they're both pretty bad IMO.

I would have to say that Jessie has a much more of a leading influence over the trio so it follows that when Team Rocket did have odd numbered pokémon she would be the one with the most.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Sharpshooter said:
I wouldn't say Jessie is any worse of a trainer than James is, they're both pretty bad IMO.
It was shown a few times, though, that Kojirou can prove to be a great and competent battler when Musashi and Nyasu wasn't around.